GEICO Customer Contact: Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Customer Contact: Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online, on Geico's website for the Customer Service, Claims position. It seems like they were doing a mass hiring. Over a weekend, I completed their application. By the following Wednesday, I received an email to complete a telephone interview. The next day I spoke to an HR representative. I was invited to complete computer testing and an initial interview. I came in, passed my computer testing,t hen spoke to yet another HR representative. The person asked me questions, like if I was looking for employment other than Geico, if I was planning to continue my college education, my high salary from my previous employment which was twice the amount Geico was paying. I answered truthfully. I guess that was a mistake. Around 13 days later I got the infamous mass email letter. See below:

Thank you again for your interest in pursuing career opportunities at GEICO. We appreciate the time you've spent getting to know our company.

Your application and the information you've provided have been carefully considered. Unfortunately, you have not been selected for: Claims Representative - Fredericksburg. However, please note that you may reapply after six months from the date your original application was submitted.

We wish you every success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
    GEICO Hiring Team

I was "disappointed" that they didn't consider my previous experience with a leading insurance company. I aced Geico's computer test. I really wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• Your previous salary is twice as much as what we are offering. Can you accept working at our salary offer?   1 Answer