GEICO Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in November 2019.

Interview

The process was very long. Started with an online application, accompanied with a short questionnaire to fill out. It was then followed by a short phone interview with a recruiter, and then a hour-long behavioral interview with the same recruiter. The next step is an interview with a hiring manager (typically on site in DC area).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in November 2019.

Interview

I had a phone screening initially, then I had to take a personal assessment which was frustrating and long. I was not sure why we had to take that. After that, I was invited out to the HQ in DC and they have paid for my trip there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to manage a team with a difficult co-worker? What did you say to them?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in November 2018.

Interview

It begins with 15-minute phone call, then a video interview, and finally an interview with someone at corporate. At some point in the process, you will be asked to complete an online assessment; I did this remotely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Preinterview that lasted about 30 min. Then had to do a personality test and re apply through a different portal. Very complex interview process and takes a while. Overall not that bad of an experience. Just took a while.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the hardest thing about being a leader is?   1 Answer

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

There was an initial phone call, a form to fill out, then a second phone call. After a few more steps they determine if you will interview at the location at which they are hiring.

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in February 2018.

Interview

Very easy - worked with a recruiter, had 1 phone screen, online personality assessment, and then an onsite interview. I interviewed in person at headquarters with a manager and a director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO (Reno, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

I was invited to participate in the Hirevue interview process. I waited in the virtual lobby for 20 minutes and sent an email noting I was waiting after 10 minutes AFTER the interview was scheduled. I left the lobby because I hadn't received a response to my email, and I had waited 20 minutes. I received an email at 8:25 AM PT with them letting me know that they were receiving technical difficulties on their part. Note- the interview was supposed to begin at 8:00 AM PT and was supposed to be a 30-45 minute interview. I asked to reschedule, and received a rejection letter as response. They did offer to reschedule the interview 'out of courtesy' but I declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process of this program was very thorough. There was a phone interview, a video interview with a recruiter, a caliper test, a face to face interview at GEICO headquarters in Maryland and an interview at the Regional Office you are interested in working at. I made it to the final round, but I believe the executives thought my background and experience didn't match the skill set they were looking for in the program. Nevertheless, after going through the process, I have a lot of respect for the associates who work at GEICO and the vision of the organization. They are fully dedicated to their firm and their work and that's respectable. I would recommend this opportunity to others.

Interview Questions

• You seem to have moved up rather quickly at your current organization. Why are you interested in leaving? Why GEICO?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. First round was to schedule a video interview. Cleared it. HR person asked me to fill out the evaluation sent and then I will be called for an onsite. I filled the evaluation. 3 weeks later still no call, so I tried to contact the HR and politely asked her if everything is ok. I get the notification next day that I have not been selected for the program.

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2017.

Interview

The process took several months. Expect a delay. Do your homework. Be flexible and available to relocate. Otherwise, great experience. 1st interview with the recruiter. Then a set of tests, if successful, you move forward in the process. They send you to HQ for a set of interviews. If they decide to move you forward, the last stage is to go to a regional office and have several interviews there and have a first-hand view of operations. From that point, you will learn if you will be invited to join the program. This process accounts for the duration of time from start to finish. The people and experience are great. the management wants to know you are serious and understand the position requires hard work. The opportunities are endless and the culture breeds success.