GEICO Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I got a phone call and an interview over the phone after I initially applied online.
    The phone interview was quick and there was a 'dry' feel to it as well. I did pass and went ahead to set up a computer test and a physical interview.
    The computer test was easy, very confusing for someone who does not have prior experience in using that interface but it still was understandable, followed by a typing test.
    After giving the tests I was a bit skeptical but the person who was to take my interview came out and told me that I passed and now we'll move on with the interview.
    The interview itself was very long and thorough, I could tell that the the interviewer liked me as he gave me props for a couple of answers and kept on running out of places because of my long detailed answers.
    After we were done he gave me a sense of assurance that I nailed it, while walking back to the front desk lobby he showed me around and told me what goes on around, the arrangement of the office and about the workers.
    After that he said he'll be right back after talking to his hiring manager.
    He came back with a very weird and confused look on his face and told me that I will get a response within a couple days via email. It was like I could read from his face that his manager told him something different than what he wanted. I told him that I know what that means, I thanked him and left.
    Got an email telling me I'm not selected.
    It was disappointing for having such an amazing interview and then seeing the same person kind of put off as well.

Interview Questions

• How often you look forward to promotions?
      Can you work under a list of bosses?
      Tell us about a situation questions.
      Customer situation questions.
      Crew member questions.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I made it through to the role play assessment. It was very strange and had absolutely nothing to do with the position I was applying for. I was disappointed at first that I didn't pass the role play, but then decided it was an unfair test and I probably wouldn't have been happy there after all.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions in the phone interview was describe a time when you had a conflict with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Stafford, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on Friday, February 3rd online. I was called on Monday to schedule a phone interview that I scheduled the next day. After having the phone interview Tuesday morning I was invited to come in for a face to face which I scheduled for Wednesday morning, the following day. The phone interview is very simple to pass if you express genuine interest, are professional, flexible in your schedule, and have a good answer for why you want to work for GEICO. I was scheduled to come in at 7:45 on February 8th. I arrived at 7:20 and waited until they opened the lobby I was supposed to go to at 7:30. Me and two other gentlemen took the computer assessment test shortly thereafter. That took about twenty minutes. It was a multitasking test followed by typing test that is fairly easy to pass as long as you don't let yourself get frustrated. After that a lady came in and had us watch a 15 minute video about what it's like working for all the departments in GEICO. When the video was finished we were returned to the small lobby to wait. After about twenty minutes, a woman came and grabbed one of the gentlemen that was interveiwing with me. Then immediately after another woman came and called me back. I was polite and friendly and tried to make small talk on the way to her office, and she was very nice and reciprocated. Once we got in her office she gave me a behavioural interview. Which was asking how I solved a problem, or handled certain situations in previous jobs. This can throw people off if they aren't familiar with behavioural questions so look them up and come up with answers so you will be ready. I prepared so I answered all her questions very smoothly. After that portion she asked me if I needed to be anywhere or if I wanted to take a break. I said no thank you and I was ready to move on. Since I was referred by someone she assumed I knew I had to role-play during the hiring process and I told I was aware, yes. So we immediately went down the hall to a room with a telephone and some paperwork. She told me this portion would take about an hour and a half and I would act like a claims agent for a fake company. I was given 25 minutes to read the manual given to gain some knowledge of my position and look through the papers. After that the simulation started and she called me three times with three different customer scenarios. She would also drop in the room and deliver paperwork to me that was apart of the simulation. All the while admist the phone calls you are expected to fill out proper reports and paperwork concerning the phone calls...and look through your papers to answer the customers questions...because you won't know off your head. After the simulation was done she called me on the phone and told me the role playing was over and had some follow up questions. After that she came in the room, collected the paper work and asked me to wait once again in the small lobby while she reveiwed it. After about 25 minutes she called me back and said everything looked great and that I definitely passed the role play. Which relieved me because I didn't complete the paperwork but handled myself pretty well on the phone for someone with no experience. They obviously don't expect you to be perfect but you can't be horrible either. Average I think will get you through that stage. She once again asked if I needed to be anywhere or needed a break. I once again said no thank you and she told me I would be shown the claims department and watch someone on the job. I was told by numerous people if you get to this portion you pretty much got it. But I didn't get full of myself and still acted very interested and professional the whole time. So I returned to the small lobby to wait. About 10 minutes later a hiring manager escorted me upstairs to the claims department. He showed me around a little and found someone who was willing to have me sit with them and watch them do their job. I sat with this nice girl who did her job very well and listened to her calls for about 45 minutes to an hour. After that a different hiring manager took me back and gave another interview. These questions where a little more about past experiences, if I still thought I would be a good fit after seeing what it was like, and easing concerns that he may have about me not having experience. I was prepared so I answered these pretty well too. He started telling me more about the job, the salary, benefits, etc. That interview was about 30 minutes...then he said he would offer me the job! He took me back downstairs to the small lobby where I spent about 30 minutes filling out paperwork as well as online paperwork. After that I went and took my picture so my badge would be ready the day I started...then I was sent to an urgent care nearby to take a hair follicle test. So even though the process is long...if you're prepared and the job is for you...you will most likely get it.

Interview Questions

• One thing we are generally concerned with is people coming from jobs were they are mobile and moving around. Here, you are at a desk 8 hours a day on the phone. Why shouldn't I be concerned?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you want to get the job. Do your homework, and make sure you actually want to work there. I went on YouTube and watched a few hours of interviews situations and had all my answers ready before I went in. I also saw other situations on Glass door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an invitation for phone interview. Passed that. Scheduled to come in for the computer test, passed that. Sat in with someone in the dept to observe. Passed the behavioral interview. Met with the department supervisor. Passed that. Went to the role play. It was very easy. (Idk why everyone complains) now I'm very qualified for this entry level position but I was told I'm not qualified and to reapply in 6 months. The staff in the office were all hideous overweight women who were rude to me. Very little eye contact and if you did catch them looking at you they rolled their eyes making you feel bad.

I believe I am being discriminated against. This has happened to me before in other interviews where I am qualified but over weight HR staff are jealous or something and turn me down. I'm sorry this can't be in my head.

I am an attractive female, I dress to impress, and am professional and arrive looking sharp and not a hair out of place. I was taught first impressions are important.

However disgusting women and men were hired in the lobby right in front of me. "Congratulations!!!" I heard several times. Hmm I'm beginning to think I should also arrive to interviews looking like a slob with no makeup on. Wet hair. Wrinkled suit or even better no suit at all! Disgraceful. I deserve a chance just as anyone. And no I'm not cocky.

This has been a problem for me and it's disgusting. This is why I choose to have few female friends because ladies are jealous miserable people and they let this affect their work.

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Quick phone interview asking about your previous work experience , education, overview of position. If they like you , you're invited to come in person for testing . Both typing and multitasking skills . If passed, invited to come in another day for interview . Lots of behavioral questions and scenario (claims related, so should have an idea how claims work). If they like your answers, you move into role play . Not as bad as everyone says, speak with confidence and follow the manual . Once passed , will shadow current rep to gauge if this position is something of interest. Once over , brought in for final interview by manager and he will most likely hire you .

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY).

Interview

Do the online application, then schedule an in person assessment test. If you pass, they schedule an in person interview, after which is another assessment, and another interview, and an observation of the job. Long process but I am sure it weeds people out.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard, using work experience and situations you applied skills they are looking for.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online yesterday. Received an invite for a phone interview. Asked detailed questions about my job history. I was placed on hold for about 3 minutes and when she returned stated that they would consider other applicants. I worked at about 6 places in the last 4 years while I was attended college, maybe that was a turn off. Honestly I don't think they should count that against applicants especially if you're working while in college. They ask you for a full job history for the past 5 years, but penalize you for it.

Interview Questions

• Asked about 5 year job history and tell you the start date, pay rate, and schedule.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was a gritty 20 minute chat on the phone with an Human Resources agent. After a while it got easier, explaining to me the hours of the job and that they are open 365 days a year.

Interview Questions

• What other positions have you been applying to?   1 Answer

Claim Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took an assessment and was contacted via e-mail to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview for 2:00p.m. the following day and was staring at the phone when the call came through and the interviewer sent himself to voicemail and left a message to reschedule.

I genuinely panicked for a moment, I thought "O God, they rejected me before we could speak and are going to do it by voicemail." It felt like prom all over again.

I rescheduled for a time the following day. ..this was the shortest interview I have ever had/seen/heard of/ imagined. Literally 5 minutes, 34 seconds.

I was told about the shift times, pay rates, attendance expectations etc. The only question I was really asked was about attendance (I answered honestly, I may have been late maybe 1 time and may have been absent maybe 1 time) and if I had any questions. I asked about the interviewers opinion of the most difficult aspect of the position and was given what I felt was an honest answer. "There's a lot of noise, if you can get past that you'll be fine."

I was told I'd be contacted within 5 days to set up the next steps.

I'd like to say that I'm so amazing that the HR rep called me already knowing that she wanted to hire me so she didn't waste any time with a real pre-screen interview but I don't think I got this.

It's a little depressing. . I mean, it's so easy a cave man could do it...yet I could not. Too bad we could've been so good together :(

Interview Questions

• Do all of these amazing benefits and scenarios sound attractive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Whole process took 10 days. Applied online on Monday and took personality assessment, received an email couple hours later asking to schedule a phone interview for the next day. Phone interview very basic; went over prior work experience, salary and training schedule. 2nd test scheduled for following Wednesday. Test taken. Passed and moved to next interview, if successful a 3rd test is given if successful then recommended side by side with current claims rep. Then final interview with manager and supervisor. If successful job is offered on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a heavy workload?
      How do you handle being in a numbers based environment?
      Answer Question