GEICO Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

3.3

347 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email next day scheduling for a phone interview.
    Was a pretty basic one like I read others had on here; one question was a pain.
    If you really want to work here LIE ABOUT YOUR ATTENDANCE. I was asked about my attendance for the last 12 months at my current job and I let them know how it was, in between being sick for a month with Gastroenteritis/Colitis and car troubles with my girlfriend, (I said about 7 absences, was really more) I was shocked to find out that even 7 is considered too much.

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Multi step process interview. Phone interview, computer assessment, in person Interview with typical questions, role play, shadowing, and final interview. You'll know on the spot if you've made it through.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you use in your current job that would apply to the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

They should pay you for the 5+ hour interview process. It was like a mystery, you go in and sit in a waiting room in HR. No one tells you anything. Typing test and simulated insurance job with emails and phone calls. Then you watch a long boring video about how good it is to work at Geico. I didn't need to be convinced, I applied for a job and I was in the interview process. Then you wait in the waiting room, no one tells you anything. Then a HR rep calls people to do an interview and then a role play, that means you passed the first part. Cant speak about the role play, I had to sign an agreement. Then (yep there's a lot more) you do another interview with the same HR person. THEN, if you passed that process you sit and monitor someone performing the job (I sat there for over an hour listening to phone calls) THEN!, another interview with the department manager. I was there for over 5 hours, was told I passed everything, got an email that said no thanks! It was completely uncomfortable and felt like I was treated like I didn't deserve respect as a person because I was just an applicant. Doesn't seem like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• The usual, the department manager spent most of the interview looking at a piece of paper and asking questions from it. She may have looked at me twice in the approximately 20 minutes I was in her larger than everyone else's cubicle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews and tests on multiple days. They make you wait hours to talk to someone only to be asked ridiculous questions. Really just a waste of time. Everyone there looks miserable. The girl I observed told me how much she hates working for Geico.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is beyond annoying and tedious. Its 3 parts to it. Geico must think they are the end all be all for a job. Not considering they have a high turn over rate, Its a call center so its usually like that. The first part is a assessment on the computer to give u a feel of what you would be doing , If you pass that the next part is the actual interview where they just ask you questions and they type your response. Its so impersonal to me. and the last part is like a simulation test to where they sit u in a room and calls come through. It was annoying to me , Its like they are going to train you anyways, if you got call center experience which I do than I understand how a call center works.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?
      A lot of other situational questions and what would you do   Answer Question
    • Are you applying to any other jobs and what are they?   Answer Question
    • why did you choose Geico   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

First contact months before final interview. Online testing (Longer than projected) - 1st interview at least 4 hours with additional, 2nd interview (sat with CSR trainer for 1 hour, interview 1 hour) - details---
    ((1st Online testing more a personality quiz at home, time "estimated" was off by about 1 hour, made it through that -then email saying wanted for in office testing (timed testing) plus another hour of made testing (with made up claims, angry folks calling, and more questions) additional interviews with multiple pages of questions (2 folks 4-6 pages each) and notes made, made it through all that "congratulations" (this was the 1st 4 hours) - problem with scheduling but was told that they had a September class that I could do and would be contacted later. Later contacted and 2nd interview set up - One more person to meet/face to face (manager) and sitting with a CSR agent to see if I would like the job (not wasted time as was told September class available).

2nd date/interview - After being escorted to call center - sat with a very professional CRS agent, great calls, felt great. Then Met with the young male manager. Everything seemed to go great. Money was talked about agreed to, asked if I would be in the September class, then told by Young manager that he would check with other managers for more questions-he got up/left/came back after I sat there another 5 or so minutes. Said other managers had No additional questions Said ok. Ready. He indicated we were complete - I thought that a letter was being prepared to send me. As got up with manager to leave, was asked if I wanted to take stairs or elevator. Said Elevator (stepped on rock in parking area and foot sore). Walked out to check out with guard. Hours spent on research, testing, I thought connections with folks, after all that, a FORM letter with thank you but "no" was sent to me. Apply again in 6 months if I want to. Seriously - personally I was shocked.

Was it because of my age, a bit overweight, did I answer something wrong (elevator vs stairs), (I actually feel it was age discrimination by GEICO). 6-8 hours of my time face time, nothing. Shocked at the unprofessionalism of GEICO. BLEH!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for GEICO?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Horrible interview. The person who called me to interview (NY), asked questions like a robot and typed at the same time, if I was explaining, cut me and told me be specific in a rude way.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

You apply to a series of online applications, then if you pass you are brought in for a one on one. After that there are a series of computer, scenario and shadow testing.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with an upset customer and what did you do to assist that customer.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Westbury, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Got an email on 5/30/17 about the position and had my phone interview on 6/1/17. The phone interview was pretty easy just went over the position and asked questions about being late to previous jobs. I went on the face to face interview on 6/5/17 and took a computer test and was told that I passed right away I then went upstairs and shadowed a current worker however the system was down when I went and I wasn't able to learn much after that I was taken to a room for a face to face Interview and then I was told they would reach back out. Pretty sure I didn't get it because I didn't do the role play or anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

June 16, 2017-Completed Application online
    June 16, 2017-Invited to take Assessment via email
    June 16, 2017-Invited to take Phone Interview via email
    June 18, 2017-Initial Phone Interview (Cancelled)
    June 19, 2017-Initial Phone Interview (lasted about 15 minutes and mainly discusses your attendance history)
    June 26, 2017-Interview and testing on site that's consists of computer knowledge testing, typing test and simulation test. **If a hiring manager is available you will do the entire process the same day.
    June 27, 2017-Last part of interview process where I will talk to the last HR manager and listen to live phone calls. If this goes well I should be offered the job and then sent for a hair follicle drug test

Interview Questions

• About 15 behavioral questions.....I would recommend using the STAR (S-ituation, T-ask, A-ction, R-esult) tactic to answer the questions and you'll be fine!   Answer Question