GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

3.3

158 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Multi step process interview. Phone interview, computer assessment, in person Interview with typical questions, role play, shadowing, and final interview. You'll know on the spot if you've made it through.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you use in your current job that would apply to the position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

You apply to a series of online applications, then if you pass you are brought in for a one on one. After that there are a series of computer, scenario and shadow testing.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with an upset customer and what did you do to assist that customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I got a phone call and an interview over the phone after I initially applied online.
    The phone interview was quick and there was a 'dry' feel to it as well. I did pass and went ahead to set up a computer test and a physical interview.
    The computer test was easy, very confusing for someone who does not have prior experience in using that interface but it still was understandable, followed by a typing test.
    After giving the tests I was a bit skeptical but the person who was to take my interview came out and told me that I passed and now we'll move on with the interview.
    The interview itself was very long and thorough, I could tell that the the interviewer liked me as he gave me props for a couple of answers and kept on running out of places because of my long detailed answers.
    After we were done he gave me a sense of assurance that I nailed it, while walking back to the front desk lobby he showed me around and told me what goes on around, the arrangement of the office and about the workers.
    After that he said he'll be right back after talking to his hiring manager.
    He came back with a very weird and confused look on his face and told me that I will get a response within a couple days via email. It was like I could read from his face that his manager told him something different than what he wanted. I told him that I know what that means, I thanked him and left.
    Got an email telling me I'm not selected.
    It was disappointing for having such an amazing interview and then seeing the same person kind of put off as well.

Interview Questions

• How often you look forward to promotions?
      Can you work under a list of bosses?
      Tell us about a situation questions.
      Customer situation questions.
      Crew member questions.   Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Kent, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview, followed by a computerized test and, if you passed, an interview with a hiring rep. If you passed THAT one you would get called in at a later date for a third interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• "Say you had a customer in ___________ situation, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online, completed questionnaire, received an email to schedule phone interview, after phone interview invited to testing (typing and multi tasking skills), interview (1on1, and simulation (role play).
    I was invited to come back and shadow the call center and meet with hiring manager.
     I was offered the position the same day!
    I was then placed in s room where the recurtier took my badge picture, completed the necessary paper for backgroud check, and signed for offer.

Immediately after...drug test (hair) at an urgent care.

Testing, Interview, and Role Play can be stressful and difficult.

Do your best and remain calm!!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when questions..... ?
      How do you overcome difficult situations?
      Why GEICO?
      What do you know about the position?
      Name three responsibilities on your last position?
      why would select GEICO over another company or another company over GEICO?
      Have you with applied to any other Companies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.
    GEICO is flexible with start date for training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an invitation for phone interview. Passed that. Scheduled to come in for the computer test, passed that. Sat in with someone in the dept to observe. Passed the behavioral interview. Met with the department supervisor. Passed that. Went to the role play. It was very easy. (Idk why everyone complains) now I'm very qualified for this entry level position but I was told I'm not qualified and to reapply in 6 months. The staff in the office were all hideous overweight women who were rude to me. Very little eye contact and if you did catch them looking at you they rolled their eyes making you feel bad.

I believe I am being discriminated against. This has happened to me before in other interviews where I am qualified but over weight HR staff are jealous or something and turn me down. I'm sorry this can't be in my head.

I am an attractive female, I dress to impress, and am professional and arrive looking sharp and not a hair out of place. I was taught first impressions are important.

However disgusting women and men were hired in the lobby right in front of me. "Congratulations!!!" I heard several times. Hmm I'm beginning to think I should also arrive to interviews looking like a slob with no makeup on. Wet hair. Wrinkled suit or even better no suit at all! Disgraceful. I deserve a chance just as anyone. And no I'm not cocky.

This has been a problem for me and it's disgusting. This is why I choose to have few female friends because ladies are jealous miserable people and they let this affect their work.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first then I passed the first assessment and role play. Met with the hiring manager at the end and was offered the job. You have to get through hair drug test, credit check, and FULL background check. My dates were wrong for one previous employer and i tried to let them know that, still took back the job offer. Never applying again, you have to be a PERFECT PATTY to get in

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle it? Why Geico? Have you applied anywhere else? What do you know about Insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was a gritty 20 minute chat on the phone with an Human Resources agent. After a while it got easier, explaining to me the hours of the job and that they are open 365 days a year.

Interview Questions

• What other positions have you been applying to?   1 Answer

Claim Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took an assessment and was contacted via e-mail to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview for 2:00p.m. the following day and was staring at the phone when the call came through and the interviewer sent himself to voicemail and left a message to reschedule.

I genuinely panicked for a moment, I thought "O God, they rejected me before we could speak and are going to do it by voicemail." It felt like prom all over again.

I rescheduled for a time the following day. ..this was the shortest interview I have ever had/seen/heard of/ imagined. Literally 5 minutes, 34 seconds.

I was told about the shift times, pay rates, attendance expectations etc. The only question I was really asked was about attendance (I answered honestly, I may have been late maybe 1 time and may have been absent maybe 1 time) and if I had any questions. I asked about the interviewers opinion of the most difficult aspect of the position and was given what I felt was an honest answer. "There's a lot of noise, if you can get past that you'll be fine."

I was told I'd be contacted within 5 days to set up the next steps.

I'd like to say that I'm so amazing that the HR rep called me already knowing that she wanted to hire me so she didn't waste any time with a real pre-screen interview but I don't think I got this.

It's a little depressing. . I mean, it's so easy a cave man could do it...yet I could not. Too bad we could've been so good together :(

Interview Questions

• Do all of these amazing benefits and scenarios sound attractive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday. I then completed their personality test and was selected for the phone interview which took place on the next Monday. I passed the phone interview which only took 5-10 mins at that and was asked to come in the next day for the testing.

I arrived at Geico at 830am for a 9am appointment. There were initially 4 of us. I did the 2 typing tests and the multitasking assessments. The HR rep came in and pulled on person out after we were all done and he came back in and said we all passed and that we would be interviewing with HR. I ended up interviewing with the same person who did the phone interview. After passing the interviewing I did the role play. It was a little overwhelming but I passed. By this time it was after 12 noon. I was told I could come back at 215pm for the side by side and then interview or come back. I told them I would be back at 215pm to finish it up.

After returning at 215pm, I did the side by side for an hour. The CSR manager came and got me and I went into his office for more role playing. He explained the position, salary, start date, etc....and specifically asked me if I was ok with these and I said yes. He did ask me about my current job and if I had applied for anything. I said no that there wasn't anything available.

He then left the office and shut the door. He said he was going to go speak with his other managers and director. He came back and we stopped by the desk I was doing the side by side at and then he showed me out. By this time it was 430pm and I had spent the whole day with no decision. HR was already closed for the day so I don't if they offer the position in the office or they wait until you get back to HR. On the walk out the door, he asked me what my hours were at my current job and they would be the same hours as the training. He did run into the HR lady on the way out and that he would leave my file on their desk.

After spending close to 8 hours and going through the whole process, nothing was said about a job offer. I'm taking this as the kiss of death unless they offer you the position in HR. He was asking if all the arrangements were going to be ok and I had no issue with the start date, pay, hours, etc....so I was thinking I would be offered the job but nothing was said.