GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.3

387 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Email to schedule test, testing, meet with recruiter, they told me I would hear something in next few days, but I received a email 2 days later saying I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

It is a multiple step interview process. I can honestly say it is the longest interview process I have ever experienced. Be prepared for testing and face to face interviewing. Very thorough, so at least you know not just anyone is getting in.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation where a customer was unhappy with your service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. I took an online assessment and then continued to the phone interview. It was about 20 minutes long and asked if i took any civil service exams, which i had. They asked me if "i got a call from state troopers in a few years, would i take it?" It threw me off, which is where it might have gone wrong. However, the conversation had ended off with them saying my call would go to the hiring manager. Although 5 days later i got an email saying that they had passed on me.

Interview Questions

• "if you got a call from state troopers in a few years, would you take it?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO in November 2017.

Interview

Typing and listening test first day then it is an interview with HR, role play with them basically give you a sheet and see how you respond to different scenarios. After passing that, next day is shadowing someone, interview with department manager and then they schedule you for a drug test.

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

VERY LONG AND TEDIOUS. Here's the process:

1. Computer Assessment
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Computer Test (In office)
    4. Interview with HR
    5. Job Simulation
    I didn't pass the job simulation....actually they walked me out of the back door, and told me that I would here from management. The job simulation was unfair, in my opinion, because basically they want you to read and absorb 10 full pages of information in a small amount of time. Then act on it. I would suggest maybe giving potential candidates more time to learn the material. I am sure they lose a lot of good candidates because of this. They even tell you that they will train you for 3 months before you actually begin working in the field. So that job simulation was a little ridiculous.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

First they have you come in for testing to do a multi-tasking/typing computer test, which is fairly easy. The test can seem overwhelming, but don't fret over it just accomplish what you can and you should be fine. The system simulates receiving emails and phone calls and then you have to use a data entry system to fill out the information. Just make sure to read the instructions carefully and look at the format of the system during the trial at the beginning. If your name doesn't get called, then you and whoever remains have passes the test.

Then an HR recruiter will speak with you. In my experience, the HR recruiter was mostly verifying information to submit into a system rather than giving an extensive interview. They'll ask you about what hours you're willing to work and what your future career plans are. I told them that I would prefer a 9-5 type of job so that I could pursue performance at night, and that's really the only reason I didn't move forward in the interview process. GEICO wants to know that you're willing to dedicate your life to them indefinitely, or at least for the next 6 months.

The next step of the process would have been a customer service call role play and an interview with a manager. Oh and they also had us fill out a sheet of paper and write down a) what you find most appealing about a call room/customer service office, b) what you find least appealing about that environment, and c) why you want to work for GEICO.

Interview Questions

• If you had an irate customer on the line, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Very long process with many steps and deep questioning in a friendly manor. First, they need to make an initial phone call, then if you pass, you go in and take a typing test and if you pass that you will have a general interview and if you pass you will go to another interview where the questions go deeper.

Interview Questions

• If you had an irate customer on the line, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

For me, it took about 3 weeks due to working the hiring process around my work schedule. I scheduled interviews for GEICO on my days off which are Thursdays and Fridays (no testing and interviews on Fridays). I applied on a Thursday night. After receiving an acknowledgment email for GEICO. GEICO sent an email to complete personality assessment and I completed assesment. I applied to 4 positions: Sales, ERS, Customer Service, Auto Damage Adjuster. The next morning, I received an email inviting me to schedule phone interview for Customer Service position. I was only given the option to schedule for that same day. I scheduled my interview that Friday afternoon. Recruiter called about 5 minutes early. Interview lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. Recruiter stated the training schedule, hours during transition, discussed the job role and pay . Main question was if asked how many times would your most recent employer state that you had unplanned absences in the last 6 months. I stated 1-2 times due to illness. Attendance, dependability and stable work history are important to GEICO. Before the end of call, recruiter said she would like to progress me to the next hiring step which was coming onsite for testing. Upon successfully completing testing, you may be asked to stay and complete additional steps of the selection process which may take up to a few hours. She asked what time worked best for me and schedule me for that time. Shortly after my phone interview, I received an email with my testing time and GEICO address. My onsite testing was set for the following Thursday at 1 PM. About 5 of us did the testing. Testing consisted of mulitasking and typing. The company is a fake medical insurance company. You are given a few minutes to read instructions and learn the system. When an inquiry enters your queue you have 1 minutes to start data entry and submit each inquiry. Inquiries are claims, service and sales. You have to chose the correct tab based on inquiry type. You listen to a voice recording or read an email to retrieve the data needed submit and complete customer’s inquiry. All of us passed the test. Typing test is based on accuracy and 25 WPM is required. After successfully completing the test we were told to wait in the lobby for the next step. I was the first person to be called back. I waited about 5 minutes. I had behavioral based interview (tell me a time when) with HR Hiring Specialist. After the interview, she stated she would like to continue to the next step which was role play. I was given a case study (Warranty Protection company) and timer and I had 20 minutes to study before another HR Hiring specialist would call me. HR called 3 times each time pretending to be a different customer. It’s important to hilight and know the company’s policy and procedures. Have a greeting, be polite, empathize, verify phone number and upsell upgrade if customer doesn’t have it, thank customer for being a valued customer. Case study had 5 or 6 customers. After 1st call, I was given feedback. I forgot to verify phone number. After the 3rd mock call, HR specialist on the phone told me I had successfully passed role play. I would continue on to the next steps: Shadowing customer service rep and interview with hiring manager. My 1st onsite interview ended there due to having another scheduled interview that same day. I told my HR during my interview that I had an appointment and needed to end by a certain time. Before I left GEICO, I was scheduled for my next interview a week later. I came back the next week to finish my shadow and hiring manager interview. I shadowed a customer service rep for about 45 minutes. I was given a sheet to fill out for one of the calls. Next the manager calls back and ask a few questions. What makes excellent service? After a few minutes, hiring manager stated she was going to hiring me. Ask me a few more questions and I asked questions. After interview, I was congratulated by a few HR employees and supervisors and asked to wait in the lobby. While waiting, I received an email with a job offer. A few minutes, I was called back to accept offer and fills out my background, employment, education, and credit check. GEICO does a hair follicle drug test so they cut some of your hair also. After that offer specialist took me it would take about 10 days for background check to come back. I received an email 7 days later stating I had passed background check. Offer specialist called the following Monday to verify that I passed criminal, employment, education, and credit check and drug test. She reminded me about the 1st two days being orientation and they have a different time schedule from our training schedule and bring two forms of Identification with me for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What traits contribute to excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

-online personality test
    -2 on site exams; typing and role play
    -interview with recruiter
    After filling out the online application I took the personality test. A few days later I was invited to do onsite testing. After I passed the onsite tests I was sent in for an interview with a recruiter. After the interview I was told that I would receive a phone call the following day or a rejection email. About Two business days later I received the rejection email.
    I'm not sure why I didn't get a position. I have customer service experience, a four year degree, and I passed the exams.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process is long, be prepared to be there alll day and possibly have to come back another day as well! They expect someone who is upbeat and outgoing, especially during your supervisor interview. Oh and if you don't have good credit don't even waste your time applying.

Interview Questions

• The usual.. describe a time someone didn't want to do something and you helped change their mind   Answer Question