GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Long process 3 interviews total, a bit casual (most people were in jeans or untucked shirts) but overall friendly. I enjoyed the people and they were really upfront about the process and the job itself

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview and then you are asked to take an on-site assessment. Following the assessment was an interview with a recruiter. The assessment was composed of a typing test and a simulation test. After the test, the recruiter asked interview questions and then there was a role-playing exercise, in which you had 20 minutes to study for. Following that was shadowing an employee and lastly, an interview with the hiring manager. You are asked several interview questions and then they explain additional information about the position.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I have been through it the hiring process many times with Geico. Every person I spoke with was so nice and welcoming. Then process is a big long to get to the end. But I believe it's well worth it! You get to work for a great company!

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

The interview process is a little lengthy but is understandable with the testing that is needed for the position. Breaks are included and part of the process included an onsite drug screen which I felt was a time saver and a convenience from not having to go to multiple locations on multiple days.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions, typing test, phone assessment of role playing that tests the level of customer service, and a computer test that tests the ability to multitask and navigate screens while handling a call   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Sunday 3/12 applied for Geico Internet Service Rep I

Tuesday 3/14 phone interview passed through to next phase. Received an email outlining the 7 step process.

Friday 3/17 assessment and first interview with recruiter

Tuesday 3/21 role play for Internet Customer Service but was denied due to a grammatical error but was offered to interview for the Customer Service on the phone position
    --role play was intense: given 20 mins to study fake company and you are called by the recruiter who acts as the customer. You are given instructions on how to handle the requests. If you aren't familiar with taking calls it might be difficult for you. Since I was interviewing for the Internet side I was also given a series of emails to respond to as well.

Wednesday 3/22 job shadow of phone rep & interview with Customer Service manager who went over more interview questions and details about the job and expectations of pay, training, scheduling, etc.

Offered the job on the spot contingent of passing the hair follicle test, background & credit check

Received the email to consent to background check and will be taking the hair drug test on Friday 3/24

Overall VERY lengthy process because they are selective in who they hire. They invest so much time into you and if this is something you want you will stick it out and let the process go through the necessary steps.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Kent, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview, followed by a computerized test and, if you passed, an interview with a hiring rep. If you passed THAT one you would get called in at a later date for a third interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• "Say you had a customer in ___________ situation, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process reminded me of a cattle call with several people being considered for the exact same position. There was no indication that the recruiter really knew anything about your capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a customer who wants to cancel their membership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They called me for a phone interview wasn't really an interview just availability questions. I went in for an interview but apparently I didn't pass their typing test which I think is a load of crap no one even spoke to me. They are so selective like their a government entity or something. I would not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Do have call center experience
      What's your availability
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

You go in and take the assessment (sample calls and typing), if you pass you go through situational questions with the recruiter. If you pass that you do the role playing. 20 min to look over material and you go through 3 sample calls. (Don't be worried. It's extremely easy) and 20 min is more than enough time. If you pass, you'll shadow an employee and meet with the floor manager. I was offered a job on the spot after about 45 min of talking with him and going through more situational questions. - the interview overall was easy. I was there from 10-4, though they do ask if you'd like to do the process in segments.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico? Where else have you applied? How did you handle an upset customer? There's a new online pay and as you're explaining it, the customer cuts you off and says they're not interested. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then scheduled for a meeting in a few days. Took a typing and multitasking test - this will probably be easy for younger applicants used to social media and video games. Then had an in-person interview with some basic interest questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to resolve a customer dispute.   Answer Question