GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

The interview process is a little lengthy but is understandable with the testing that is needed for the position. Breaks are included and part of the process included an onsite drug screen which I felt was a time saver and a convenience from not having to go to multiple locations on multiple days.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions, typing test, phone assessment of role playing that tests the level of customer service, and a computer test that tests the ability to multitask and navigate screens while handling a call   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Sunday 3/12 applied for Geico Internet Service Rep I

Tuesday 3/14 phone interview passed through to next phase. Received an email outlining the 7 step process.

Friday 3/17 assessment and first interview with recruiter

Tuesday 3/21 role play for Internet Customer Service but was denied due to a grammatical error but was offered to interview for the Customer Service on the phone position
    --role play was intense: given 20 mins to study fake company and you are called by the recruiter who acts as the customer. You are given instructions on how to handle the requests. If you aren't familiar with taking calls it might be difficult for you. Since I was interviewing for the Internet side I was also given a series of emails to respond to as well.

Wednesday 3/22 job shadow of phone rep & interview with Customer Service manager who went over more interview questions and details about the job and expectations of pay, training, scheduling, etc.

Offered the job on the spot contingent of passing the hair follicle test, background & credit check

Received the email to consent to background check and will be taking the hair drug test on Friday 3/24

Overall VERY lengthy process because they are selective in who they hire. They invest so much time into you and if this is something you want you will stick it out and let the process go through the necessary steps.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Kent, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview, followed by a computerized test and, if you passed, an interview with a hiring rep. If you passed THAT one you would get called in at a later date for a third interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• "Say you had a customer in ___________ situation, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They called me for a phone interview wasn't really an interview just availability questions. I went in for an interview but apparently I didn't pass their typing test which I think is a load of crap no one even spoke to me. They are so selective like their a government entity or something. I would not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Do have call center experience
      What's your availability
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

You go in and take the assessment (sample calls and typing), if you pass you go through situational questions with the recruiter. If you pass that you do the role playing. 20 min to look over material and you go through 3 sample calls. (Don't be worried. It's extremely easy) and 20 min is more than enough time. If you pass, you'll shadow an employee and meet with the floor manager. I was offered a job on the spot after about 45 min of talking with him and going through more situational questions. - the interview overall was easy. I was there from 10-4, though they do ask if you'd like to do the process in segments.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico? Where else have you applied? How did you handle an upset customer? There's a new online pay and as you're explaining it, the customer cuts you off and says they're not interested. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then scheduled for a meeting in a few days. Took a typing and multitasking test - this will probably be easy for younger applicants used to social media and video games. Then had an in-person interview with some basic interest questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to resolve a customer dispute.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in February 2017.

Interview

They want you to be very fast and accuracy did not matter. You cannot take their assessment again for a six month period. Did not seem to be an employee friendly corporation.

Interview Questions

• If you were made an offer, what would be the deal breaker for you not to accept the offer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Interview was very thorough, they ask questions regarding past experiences in other jobs and how you handled certain situations. There was a significant amount of time waiting but I think that was cause of the day it self that had a school visiting. And at the end they had me do a mock telephone call where the interviewer pretended to be a customer, this was by far the hardest part so prepare to handle that before going in cause they will only give you 20 minutes to go over the material of the mock calls.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation when everything was going wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Long process and disappointing. I applied online and got an email in 2 days for a phone interview. They just asked a few questions and scheduled a computer assessment. I went and gave it and passed. They then scheduled a face to face interview the next day. They asked a lot of critical questions and said there would be a 6 month training and not to worry about me learning also because I was already a university student. After the face to face interview was done, they took me to a room where I had to receive calls from customers and handle the wrong situations such as complaints, sarcasm, yelling etc. It was called role playing. I must say it was very overwhelming. I felt like I handled it well. My interviewer kept on telling me they do not expect me to be an expert and I will get my 6 months of training which meant not to worry. After the role playing, there was a final interview over the phone. My interviewer then informed me that my information will be sent to the hiring team. I waited 4 days and received an email saying "Thank you again for your interest in GEICO. unfortunately you are not selected for this position. Your information was carefully considered. Please note that you may reapply again in 6 months". I still don't get why I did not get the job. I felt good with the face to face interview and also the role playing part. They didn't precisely note what was the problem. The only explanation was "your information was carefully considered." I am disappointed and very confused.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you gave a customer a solution and they were not happy with it? What did you do to satisfy them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email inviting me to take the test, had an interview like a week later, did role playing the same day, had to come back to shadow the next day, after shadowing had another interview with floor manager. It was more than I ever experienced but it wasn't bad. Just remain calm and do your best. It really is easy.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle constructive criticism from a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Explain a job where you had goals/quota to reach, how did you do? (I'm paraphrasing)   Answer Question