GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017
1,832 Interview Reviews

3.3

Entry Level Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2017.

Interview

So I was initially emailed by a Jessica Buckner from the Gieco team. The email basically said my resume was a good fit and she wanted me to apply. I initially declined because I had no experience. A week later she emailed me again and I declined again. Finally a week later she emailed me and said they were still interested in my resume and to apply , so I finally did. Phone interview, then assessment. Passed the assessment then moved on to face to face interview with HR. After this I was told to go home and someone would call me within a week with a answer. I know now from reading all of the other interviews on here that that means their not hiring me. My question is if this is an entry level position and no experience was necessary and they were clearly aware of my credentials on my resume, why waste my time. I drove and hour because this lady emailed me three times and insisted I apply even though I knew I wasn't qualified. My advice is if you feel that you are not qualified don't waste your time. Yeah they say that they train you but it seems they want you to already be experienced. Very long day and a waste of my time and gas.

Interview Questions

• What if a Customers calls you and they just hit a deer and they insist that they shouldn't have to pay the deductible, what would you say to them?   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying online within a day or two I scheduled for a phone interview. The interview was not difficult. She basically asked about the former job duties from the positions that I'd listed on the application. On the same call she scheduled me to come in to the office for testing. Testing wasn't really difficult. Typing test, scenario questions, mock phone calls on the computer... if you pass that then you move on to interview with one person in HR. Basic interview, she asked scenario questions.. if you pass that you then have to pass another test. This test was difficult. I was placed in a room alone and given multiple tasks to complete, tasks included writing letters, making outbound phone calls and meanwhile I would take inbound phone calls. The tasks were pretty impossible to complete but I passed this part. I believe they were grading on how I handle the situations and empathy provided. After that I did a side by side with an associate and then spoke with the general manager who asked if I'd like to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

First the online application, went well. Then, the online assessment, went well. Then the 14 individual videos that you must submit role playing as if you were speaking to customers in difficult situations, went well. Then the face to face with the management team for "2 hours" of role play. They sit you in a very small office, with a tape to listen to for 35 minutes. There are 12-14 packets of forms on the desk. You work for a hypothetical medical supply company. Just as you're finishing up with the tape, someone enters the office, all pizzed off, and demanding answers. Just about that time, your cell rings with another customer wanting to know answers. This goes on for 3+ hours. I guess that didn't go so well as I forgot to tell the folks on the phone who I worked for...(they called me!)but, I do believe they are looking for "warm" people, more than "professional" people. I tried to accommodate all in a professional manner and didn't ask them about recent fishing trips or the weather. After all this, I didn't make the cut. It is an intense 3 hours and somewhat needless in my opinion. It would make much more sense to me for them to use automotive examples...a channel I know something about instead of medical supplies. Long story short, and bottom line....a HUGE waste of my time to cater to these jokers. They set you up to fail, not succeed.

Interview Questions

• Where's my medical cart and when are you going to pay for it.   1 Answer

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

This was a waste of 3 months. My biggest complaint (minus the ridiculous process, the silly tests, and elitist attitude) was that they don't tell you why they didn't pick you. After dedicating so much time for a job like this, it would have been nice to know what did wrong. The turnover for this job is terrible, the reviews for this job are terrible- This is a terrible company. Do yourself a favor, apply somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this job?   1 Answer

ERS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

Typing test. Written test. Face to face interview. Mock phone call. Interview with supv. Drug test. The whole process lasted about 5-6 hours. Their interview process is pretty brutal. Make sure you eat and get some sleep before the big day.

Insurance Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

for your three most recent jobs list the job and the reason you left or are thinking of leaving each position. please be specific in your explanation. why you want to leave

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

If you make it all the way to end, then my friend, you are a strong candidate or just got really lucky. The interview process seems more like an act really and as long as you read your script right and say things they want to hear then pass all of the requirements (Background Check, Drug Test, and Credit Check) then you're good as this job is Entry-Level and consistently hiring. Although, my experience wasn't bad as I read all of the reviews upon coming and was prepared to be challenged and not have much hope to get the job. After my phone interview filled with various questions of my previous employers, I was invited for testing, went in 2 days later and passed the test. Don't get too happy, it's just to move on to an actual interview if you do. The test is fairly easy if you ask me as a college grad. It is common sense and they're not looking for you to fulfill all of the questions, they're more concerned with accuracy and correct ones. Therefore please read carefully the instructions and don't get frustrated because the test is ment to get you like that. Stay under pressure and focus on answering as most questions correctly as you can. Anyways, after that if you pass you get to meet with HR. For the most part, just same thing like on the phone but in person this time with the questions regarding your previous employers and more in depth questions regarding how you handle certain situations and scenarios from your previous employers. They are typing all of your reponses as you speak, pretty much just a script for the Manager to read and see if he likes what you said. After that she said to expect a call within 2-4 business days, and I will know if yes or no regardless. I already knew after that I didn't get the job because I read how usually everything happens all in one day, and if HR likes you, you move on to role play. Very rare cases if the manager isn't available, they set you up for another day for the second part of the process. Therefore, if you get the "We'll call back or email if we decide to move forward" thing from HR, then you can probably forget everything. Although, recruiters work there too and make a living, so Geico needs to constantly hire people, so it makes sense they are extremely picky with their candidates. Although, from the reviews it seems many people get too excited before coming here and leave disappointed. Study hard hard hard your answers because they really just care about what you have to say, like I said, it's all a script. If you act it well, you'll get the job. Ironically, I mean they do make you read a script for role play as part of the process. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• What was one time you handled a difficult situation with a customer? (BASIC)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in February 2017.

Interview

They want you to be very fast and accuracy did not matter. You cannot take their assessment again for a six month period. Did not seem to be an employee friendly corporation.

Interview Questions

• If you were made an offer, what would be the deal breaker for you not to accept the offer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They called me for a phone interview wasn't really an interview just availability questions. I went in for an interview but apparently I didn't pass their typing test which I think is a load of crap no one even spoke to me. They are so selective like their a government entity or something. I would not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Do have call center experience
      What's your availability
      Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was so short that I cannot comprehend how a decision was made regarding a candidate. I have participated in many phone interviews, even myself have given phone interviews, all of which were at least 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Simply asked why I left each job   1 Answer