GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017
1,925 Interview Reviews

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying online I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was brief, about 20 minutes, and the woman scheduled a day for me to go in and take a typing/skills test. After passing that I had an interview with a woman for about 30 minutes and after that we did a role play. I passed the interview and role play and after that I was taken with a Geico employee to shadow her while she worked for about an hour. I finally had one finale interview with the hiring manager and after the interview she let me know I got the job. The entire process took about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer in your previous job?   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day from a recruiter. I had a brief (about 30 minutes) phone interview. It consisted of verifying the position I was interested in, why I was interested in the position and the company, and discussing my employment history. I scheduled an in person interview for the following week.

The in person interview consisted of a typing test; once I passed, I moved forward with interviewing with a hiring manager. The interview questions were similar to the phone interview, but she also asked behavior (STAR) interview questions. After the interview, I role-played as a claims representative. The hiring manager then moved me forward to shadow a claims representative and meet with the claims manager. After interviewing with the claims manager, I was offered the job.

Day of the Interview: the process took 5 hours, so if you get an interview, please make sure your day is clear!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt you didn't provide the best service to a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you failed at meeting a goal. How did you handle it going forward?   Answer Question

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Iowa City, IA) in July 2017.

Interview

Call from recruiter then invitation to interview at facility. I arrived at the interview and it was a series of tests. It consisted of a typing speed test and a stress simulator test.

Interview Questions

• Was a stress test, animated call center to see how many calls you could handle.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in July 2017.

Interview

After a month of having applied online. I was reached out through an email for proceeding with the selection process. There was an initial phone interview followed by solving 2 work sample related to the position. The phone interview was highly technical based and they wanted to know more about the projects I had worked on and the proficiency level of my skills.

The 2 work samples were rather average in difficulty. For one I had to validate an upcoming selection process and for the other, I had to provide suggestions on a tool's validation test with follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your Excel proficiency and what skills would it entail   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It is a longer process than others and can be challenging. It is broken up into 4 or 5 separate segments and does a good job of weeding out the people that would not be a good fit for the job and environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went over and beyond for a customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • If I were to call as ask your previous employer how many times you have been late or absent what would they say?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO in October 2016.

Interview

I applied at my university's career fair and had a phone interview a few weeks later. It was pretty short (~30 mins) and was composed mostly of typical "tell me about a time when..." questions. There were a couple of conceptual object-oriented programming questions as well. I received an offer a few hours later. Props to them for the quick turnaround time.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an invite to a phone interview. Seems like you have to tell them what they want to hear in order to move on with the hiring process. The phone interview itself was not difficult, it was detailed and covers a lot about what the program is about maybe a 20-30min conversation, but what you say will be written and passed to managers if they like what you had to say you'll be selected to move on to an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico? Along with every other questions posted from others   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Wednesday, had a phone interview that Friday, and was scheduled for an interview the following Monday. On Monday, I took a computer test, which I passed, then had an interview with HR, which I also thought went ok, except for the situational questions that I can never answer very well. Then I was asked to do a role play phone exercise. You have 20 minutes to read information on a company you supposedly work for and the HR person calls and you have to help them with their questions. This was pretty easy for me. After that, I had to sit with a CSR and listen in on calls for about 20 minutes, and then was interviewed by someone else. After that, someone else came out and talked to me for a few minutes. All told, I was there for 5 hours. They told me I would be emailed in a day or two with their decision and got a rejection email after 4 days.

Interview Questions

• I don't think this was exactly the question but "Think of a specific time you had to deal with an irate customer and what did you do to resolve the situation?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

They had a phone interview where they really stressed tardiness and customer service experience and situations. There was a fairly easy Computer Test, followed by an additional Emergency Roadside role play which was quite difficult. 2 face-to-face interviews which really tested your experience in customer service where they demanded specific examples of your experience.

Interview Questions

• Think of a situation in which you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Intense, very nerve wrenching but they hire the best and train well. Its a 3 step process once you pass the computer portion , mock calls then interview with management