GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,867 Interview Reviews

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Monday and was offered the job at the end of my interview on that Thursday. The whole process took 3 days.

The interview was long. It began at 8:45am and concluded at 3:00pm. There were a series of steps.

1st - Pre-Emploment test. Typical data entry (graded on accuracy and ability to manage multiple application) and typing. Don't fret it is super easy. Especially if you've worked in a corporate setting before.

2. Interview with HR. (Behavioral based questions)

3. Role Play (everyone has to role play no matter the position. You will be given documents with information on the product or service. Highlight important info and you'll be fine. HR will call you on the phone provided. There will be 3 calls. Relax and be outgoing.

4. Side by Side with Sales Representative on the floor. Call lasted 1 whole hr. The rep was speaking with an elderly woman.

5. One on One interview with Dept. Manager. She asked questions about the call and how i felt the rep did. She then asked me why i wanted the job. I told her about my experience as a claims adjuster and how familiar i am with insurance and that i wanted to transition into sales and what better way to do that by starting with insurance. I also expressed how ambitious and confident i am to exceed. She offered me the job and went over alot of information that i had to sign off on.

6. I took my ID photo for my badge

7. Completed my background consent paperwork online.

8. Drug Tested. They will take a hair sample.

9. Released. Took home some new hire booklets they provided for benefits & licensing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to pursade a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

They should pay you for the 5+ hour interview process. It was like a mystery, you go in and sit in a waiting room in HR. No one tells you anything. Typing test and simulated insurance job with emails and phone calls. Then you watch a long boring video about how good it is to work at Geico. I didn't need to be convinced, I applied for a job and I was in the interview process. Then you wait in the waiting room, no one tells you anything. Then a HR rep calls people to do an interview and then a role play, that means you passed the first part. Cant speak about the role play, I had to sign an agreement. Then (yep there's a lot more) you do another interview with the same HR person. THEN, if you passed that process you sit and monitor someone performing the job (I sat there for over an hour listening to phone calls) THEN!, another interview with the department manager. I was there for over 5 hours, was told I passed everything, got an email that said no thanks! It was completely uncomfortable and felt like I was treated like I didn't deserve respect as a person because I was just an applicant. Doesn't seem like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• The usual, the department manager spent most of the interview looking at a piece of paper and asking questions from it. She may have looked at me twice in the approximately 20 minutes I was in her larger than everyone else's cubicle.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

It was an online video conference interview using a system called Hireview. Most of the questions were behavioral based and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was a smooth process although I did not get offered a position. Overall the experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult conversation you had a work   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews and tests on multiple days. They make you wait hours to talk to someone only to be asked ridiculous questions. Really just a waste of time. Everyone there looks miserable. The girl I observed told me how much she hates working for Geico.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Role playing, Very fun and fast paced. Not like any interview I've ever had. James, Chris, and Sameer were great!! James and Sameer are very good at what they do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is beyond annoying and tedious. Its 3 parts to it. Geico must think they are the end all be all for a job. Not considering they have a high turn over rate, Its a call center so its usually like that. The first part is a assessment on the computer to give u a feel of what you would be doing , If you pass that the next part is the actual interview where they just ask you questions and they type your response. Its so impersonal to me. and the last part is like a simulation test to where they sit u in a room and calls come through. It was annoying to me , Its like they are going to train you anyways, if you got call center experience which I do than I understand how a call center works.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?
      A lot of other situational questions and what would you do   Answer Question
    • Are you applying to any other jobs and what are they?   Answer Question
    • why did you choose Geico   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I received an email requesting me to schedule a phone interview, shortly after submitting my application. The lady I spoke with was very nice. Next is a computer based, multitasking test, which leads to a second interview, if passed.

Interview Questions

• If we contact your most recent employer, how would they describe your attendance in the last 12 months?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The first step is a phone interview, then computer testing, if you pass the computer testing you sit down with a hiring specialist for a face to face interview and a role play. After passing that you are recommended to a manager for a final face to face interview and a job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

You apply to a series of online applications, then if you pass you are brought in for a one on one. After that there are a series of computer, scenario and shadow testing.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with an upset customer and what did you do to assist that customer.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

One on campus interview, one phone interview, and then an onsite interview. The process was fairly easy and there was not technical tests. We just talked about my experiences and expectations and what the role was.