GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,858 Interview Reviews

3.3

Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a technical test first which was more about logistic. The test was not very hard. THen I received a 30-minutes phone interview. They asked questions related to my resume and some basic questions such as why Geico. However, they realized that I am not u.s. citizen and canceled my onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico? Why insurance? More questions related to modeling skills.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a few days that they went with more qualified candidates. It was a long shot because I don't have a degree in what they wanted anyway.

ERS Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2017.

Interview

First step was the pre-screen phone interview. Then was invited to come in the next day to do an assessment and to be prepared to meet with a recruiter after if I passed. The test was very multi-tasked based which is what the job would entail anyway. I passed and was then interviewed by a recruiter and someone training. It was a very casual conversation and I felt like I had known her for a while and we were just catching up. She then told me that if I had time that day that they wanted to move on the next step in the interviewing process with me. The next step was a role playing simulation, where you sat at a desk with a phone, notepad, pens, highlighters, and the information for a fake company you worked for. You then had 20 minutes to learn everything about this company and the potential callers you might have. After the time was up a recruiter called and you had to figure out the situation and help solve their problems. I passed that and then they wanted me to do the real life simulation (or job shadowing) to see if this was something I could do. I sat down with an actual tech for about an hour and listened in on his phone calls. After that time a manger walked over and asked if we could talk for a few minutes. We went into his cubicle and we talked for about an hour. I was then told I would hear something around monday since it was late in the day on Friday.
    He then left for a few minutes to talk to his co-manager and type up his notes. He came back a few minutes later and said that instead of waiting till Monday to call he wanted to offer me the position that day. It took most of the day for everything. I went into the location around 10:30am didn't get out till 4:30pm.
    They also did a hair follicle drug test, which was different, since they cut the hair themselves.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commit to the 100% attendance policy for the first 4 months?   Answer Question

Entry Level Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2017.

Interview

So I was initially emailed by a Jessica Buckner from the Gieco team. The email basically said my resume was a good fit and she wanted me to apply. I initially declined because I had no experience. A week later she emailed me again and I declined again. Finally a week later she emailed me and said they were still interested in my resume and to apply , so I finally did. Phone interview, then assessment. Passed the assessment then moved on to face to face interview with HR. After this I was told to go home and someone would call me within a week with a answer. I know now from reading all of the other interviews on here that that means their not hiring me. My question is if this is an entry level position and no experience was necessary and they were clearly aware of my credentials on my resume, why waste my time. I drove and hour because this lady emailed me three times and insisted I apply even though I knew I wasn't qualified. My advice is if you feel that you are not qualified don't waste your time. Yeah they say that they train you but it seems they want you to already be experienced. Very long day and a waste of my time and gas.

Interview Questions

• What if a Customers calls you and they just hit a deer and they insist that they shouldn't have to pay the deductible, what would you say to them?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2017.

Interview

Difficult interview process with multiple interviews. The second interview is a nearly impossible role play that lasts 1.5 hours. You are given a short time to learn the job and have to perform the job while the team puts you in difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

June 16, 2017-Completed Application online
    June 16, 2017-Invited to take Assessment via email
    June 16, 2017-Invited to take Phone Interview via email
    June 18, 2017-Initial Phone Interview (Cancelled)
    June 19, 2017-Initial Phone Interview (lasted about 15 minutes and mainly discusses your attendance history)
    June 26, 2017-Interview and testing on site that's consists of computer knowledge testing, typing test and simulation test. **If a hiring manager is available you will do the entire process the same day.
    June 27, 2017-Last part of interview process where I will talk to the last HR manager and listen to live phone calls. If this goes well I should be offered the job and then sent for a hair follicle drug test

Interview Questions

• About 15 behavioral questions.....I would recommend using the STAR (S-ituation, T-ask, A-ction, R-esult) tactic to answer the questions and you'll be fine!   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Once you apply you should in a couple of days receive a phone call from a recruiter if your resume matches the skills needed. The phone call is about an hour long and the recruiter will ask: "What do you know about Geico, why would you want to work for Geico, what leaderships skills do you have, what do you know about the MDP, why do you think you would be a good fit," so on and so forth. If you pass that portion then you will be called on a simulation interview where in about an hour and a half you will simulate what it is like to do the job. After that simulation you the recruiter will let you know if you passed that section. If you receive the good news then the recruiter will schedule one finial interview where you will meet with a small panel of judges who have been with the company a number of years. If you pass all three sections then you will receive a call from the recruiter as well as several emails to start the on boarding process!

This whole interview process was smooth and effortless, thanks to my recruiter James Robinson. He kept me updated during the whole interview process and also was very available for any questions or concerns I had. I definitely recommend anyone who meets the criteria to apply for a position with Geico. I am really excited for this new opportunity and am eager grow with in the company!

Geico Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

So my entire process for the CSR position for geico was about two days . I had to do a phone interview first and then I was invited to come in and do some testing which consisted of a typing test and a multitasking test as well . I was able to past those both . Next would be meeting with the recruiter and doing 3 different role playing test over the phone . I passed that as well with flying colors ! After that the recruiter asked me to come in the next day to do some shadowing on the floor and meet with the hiring manager . I shadowed the employee for about 45 minutes to an hour and the hiring manager took me in her office and asked me a couple questions about my experience & skills after that she discussed compensation , training times , & state licensing . Then she told me that the recruiter would call me to let me know what time to come in to meet the district manager for my 4th interview ! I didnt receive a call instead I received an email saying I did not get the position

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkville, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Parkville, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

The first step started with an extremely informative recruiter... He scheduled the first interview and would ask general questions about my background. The second interview involved questions about my background with much more detail. There were a lot of redundant questions. The third interview was in person at a location which started with a role play situation writing up claims and adjustments. There second part of the day was an interview with two gentleman who were slightly unprepared and asking sporadic questions that were asked by the recruiter in the first and second interview.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was bit tedious as I had to travel to and from the company more than I'd like. I wish it could have been condensed to one or two days. All behavioral questions.