GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

3.3

361 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process reminded me of a cattle call with several people being considered for the exact same position. There was no indication that the recruiter really knew anything about your capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a customer who wants to cancel their membership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They called me for a phone interview wasn't really an interview just availability questions. I went in for an interview but apparently I didn't pass their typing test which I think is a load of crap no one even spoke to me. They are so selective like their a government entity or something. I would not recommend this company.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

You go in and take the assessment (sample calls and typing), if you pass you go through situational questions with the recruiter. If you pass that you do the role playing. 20 min to look over material and you go through 3 sample calls. (Don't be worried. It's extremely easy) and 20 min is more than enough time. If you pass, you'll shadow an employee and meet with the floor manager. I was offered a job on the spot after about 45 min of talking with him and going through more situational questions. - the interview overall was easy. I was there from 10-4, though they do ask if you'd like to do the process in segments.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico? Where else have you applied? How did you handle an upset customer? There's a new online pay and as you're explaining it, the customer cuts you off and says they're not interested. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then scheduled for a meeting in a few days. Took a typing and multitasking test - this will probably be easy for younger applicants used to social media and video games. Then had an in-person interview with some basic interest questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to resolve a customer dispute.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in February 2017.

Interview

They want you to be very fast and accuracy did not matter. You cannot take their assessment again for a six month period. Did not seem to be an employee friendly corporation.

Interview Questions

• If you were made an offer, what would be the deal breaker for you not to accept the offer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Interview was very thorough, they ask questions regarding past experiences in other jobs and how you handled certain situations. There was a significant amount of time waiting but I think that was cause of the day it self that had a school visiting. And at the end they had me do a mock telephone call where the interviewer pretended to be a customer, this was by far the hardest part so prepare to handle that before going in cause they will only give you 20 minutes to go over the material of the mock calls.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation when everything was going wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email inviting me to take the test, had an interview like a week later, did role playing the same day, had to come back to shadow the next day, after shadowing had another interview with floor manager. It was more than I ever experienced but it wasn't bad. Just remain calm and do your best. It really is easy.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle constructive criticism from a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Explain a job where you had goals/quota to reach, how did you do? (I'm paraphrasing)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Long process and disappointing. I applied online and got an email in 2 days for a phone interview. They just asked a few questions and scheduled a computer assessment. I went and gave it and passed. They then scheduled a face to face interview the next day. They asked a lot of critical questions and said there would be a 6 month training and not to worry about me learning also because I was already a university student. After the face to face interview was done, they took me to a room where I had to receive calls from customers and handle the wrong situations such as complaints, sarcasm, yelling etc. It was called role playing. I must say it was very overwhelming. I felt like I handled it well. My interviewer kept on telling me they do not expect me to be an expert and I will get my 6 months of training which meant not to worry. After the role playing, there was a final interview over the phone. My interviewer then informed me that my information will be sent to the hiring team. I waited 4 days and received an email saying "Thank you again for your interest in GEICO. unfortunately you are not selected for this position. Your information was carefully considered. Please note that you may reapply again in 6 months". I still don't get why I did not get the job. I felt good with the face to face interview and also the role playing part. They didn't precisely note what was the problem. The only explanation was "your information was carefully considered." I am disappointed and very confused.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you gave a customer a solution and they were not happy with it? What did you do to satisfy them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2017.

Interview

I haven't actually interviewed yet but I did take the online assessment and then the pre-employment test, that I passed. Now i'm just waiting on my interview. Hopefully it goes well because I have reax aboug the role playing which im not good at

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Was emailed a day after applying for an over the phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled for testing at the business the next morning. I went in and took computer test, role play test where you answer calls, and multitasking. Was told that I would receive a call by the end of the week

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was unhappy with their service and what did you do to make the situation better?   Answer Question