GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few days. I scheduled my assessment for the follow day. It was a pretty basic assessment that involved call center senecios and a typing test. If you pass this you move on to a in person interview with a recruiter. There was none available that day so I scheduled it for 9am the following morning. Went through that and moved on to the listening into a call with an actual representative. After that went to speak with a hiring manager. Everything went well, but then was told I would recieve a call back within 48 hours with a decision. I got an email back that following Monday saying they had tried to reach me, but couldn't do they cancelled my application. I know this wasn't true because I never received an email or phone call whatsoever. Overall it's a very long drawn out process, but just stay upbeat and you will do fine. I know the reason I got turned down was because I said I couldn't work sundays due to it being my husband's only day off.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about abtime you had an irate customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in September 2016.

Interview

Long and intense so be ready. First there is a phone interview, then you have a 6 hour interview, and you come back for another 4 hour interview another day.

Interview Questions

• what did you do previously?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in after the phone interview for computer multitasking test I passed. Then i did my interview with a member if a HR i passed. Then I did my role playing task and after that follow up questions. Then they said they will contact me in 2-3 days after a hiring board approves it. Does this mean I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not agree with your supervisor or manager decision. What did you do?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online 7/27 had a phone interview the next day. These were the questions they asked:

Why did you leave this position at XYZ?
    If we were to contact your most recent employer, what will they say about you showing up on time?
    Are there any days you are not available? ( If you really want it say 'none')
    A few more general questions the call only lasted 8 minutes.

After the call, I received an email to have an in-person interview. Which was 5 days after I had applied. When I went in there, there were already two women, waiting. We were moved into a room with 6 computers three on one side and the rest on the other. In the middle of our "test" we were interrupted by another group of three coming in to take the exam. Which further distracted me and lead to me doing poorly. ( Well so I think)

The exam:

1st shift: had a headset on and received fake phone calls and emails from customers.
    2nd part: typing test
    * repeat these two one more time ( Test took 45 minutes)

Normally, I type 62WPM but on this test I only typed two sentences! The woman next to me typed really quickly and made me even more nervous. I honestly think I did bad, but it seems like they don't take it to much to account, the writing part. The other part I did really well.

The second phase was another interview, then that interviewer will take you into a small room. Call you on the phone for mock phone calls (about 3). You get a stack of 4 pages that you have to learn in 20 minutes and then answer the phone calls regarding the fake company.

Finally, they take you upstairs to seat with an actual representative. Then they can come get you for a final interview. I was actually having so much fun with the representative that when they came to get me I was really confused. The last interview went great talk about how your experiences have lead up to this and you will be offered a position right on the spot!

Honestly, I went in thinking that I would not get it. Everyone around me seemed more qualified. The test made me more upset because I thought any second now I will be sent home. After the test I just started to have fun and I think thats what they saw. Have FUN and they will see your potential, honestly it was not that bad but I wowed them with my experince and personality.

It also took 4 hours, so make sure you plan for that! Then you get a drug test (offsite) which was a hair drug test. They lady who cut my hair said Geico is hiring a lot, and that she had already done 3 other people that day.

Interview Questions

• It says here you've applied to other places, what will make you decide where your going to choose work?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Apply online, go in and take a skills type assessment which is pretty easy, and immediately follow with a bunch of interviews if you pass the skills test. They go over shift and schedules with you along with pay and then let me know same day I got the job. Took a few weeks to do background and drug screen (which they took a chunk of my hair to do a hair test, very surprising for such a entry level lower paying job). Got word today I start in 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Very quick they got right back to me. They were very friendly, didn't expect a drug test, it was a hair test. Also did a background check. The do role play which I find weird but I got it!

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with an upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

The interviews were not challenging but really time consuming. Mine were all on different days so I wasn't there for 7 hours or anything, but 1 hour on 3 different days.

It started off with a personality test to a short phone interview. This was just basics, asking you about what else you're applying for and to see what kind of employment you want with the company. After that, they schedule you for a computer test. It's actually really easy. Read the directions at first, calm down. I was really scared but after it started... It was beyond easy. If anything, just do it accurately and that's better than not finishing. The WPM test was easy, just practice online. As long as you're over a 20 WPM you're fine. You're immediately alerted if you pass or fail.

After the computer test, they scheduled me for another phone interview that they said would take 30 minutes. Mine took 15, and it was a more standard interview where they asked about my skills and how I would handle a situation. After that, I was scheduled for a roleplaying interview. Once again, it was actually really easy. You're able to take notes and place them "on hold" if you do need a few seconds, which I didn't need at all. Main point of this is to be friendly, get the job done, and upsell.

They told me that they'd contact all applicants by today to say who got the job and who will go forward in the interview process. I somehow didn't make it. I think it was my age more than anything since I feel like, and been told, that I excelled in all.

Honestly an easy interview process but it's so long. Considering that there was still more than this, I'm not sure if I'd try to apply again. Keep in mind that you aren't actually learning anything about the company, you're just doing a series of tests...

FYI, The other reviews on here scared me more than anything. My process was definitely pleasant. The only part I'm questioning is why I didn't go further. It feels like a mistake.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• If there is an upset customer, how would you handle it? Would you call management?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO in July 2016.

Interview

I have a phone call later today! So far the process has been very fast! I also had a reference so I think that really helped me out. I hope I get it! They seem very friendly so far.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I spent 6 hours just for an interview, they make you go for like 5 different processes just so you can get an interview with a manager. I feel like it was a waste of my time.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy I was nervous at first but what really was challenging was the scenarios you had to be sure to be providing excellent customer service and hitting all key areas