GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.3

386 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

They have several parts to the interview process that you need to "pass". Initially I filled out the online app and took a few assessments. I was referred by a current employee and thought that would put me ahead of the curve (it did not). The first even was an assessment to see how fast you could type and multitask. Then I was interviewed by one lady in a really small office. The lady was look not at her computer the entire time, it made it hard to be personable. I know my biggest mistake was sharing my college major with her as it showed I was not going to be with the company over 1.5 years. The interview questions are set in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a customer was not satisfied and how did you overcome it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Probably one of the hardest interviews that I've experienced. Basically if you don't have any call service experience (like me) this will be a little difficult.

You start off by taking a simulation which was pretty easy and then after that you do a WPM test which was also very easy. Mostly everyone in my group passed. We then wait outside until a hiring manager is ready to interview us. My name was last to be called so I was waiting for atleast 15-20 minutes. I went in and they asked me regular interview questions, my interviewer never smiled which made me more nervous but he told me that i passed that part... he told me to wait in the office and he would come back. Once he called me back he handed me a package of a fake company and had to study the company and also 5 papers of different fake customers. I had to study for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I got a phone call to basically do a call service role play. really over whelming, I had no idea what I was doing and I couldn't even ask questions. It was really embarrassing over the phone because it was so many things I had to remember in a short amount of time....Probably one of the most stressful things I've ever done to get a job. So like I said if you have call service experience you should ACE this part with no problems, for me, it was another story.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I'm sure if you read all the other Geico interview reviews, you would know the process is pretty lengthy. I got through the phone interview and scheduled a face to face. When I got there, I took the simulated computer test (super easy). I was one of three out of five in my group that passed it. So that means you get to move onto the face to face.

The face to face wasn't your typical interview. She didn't ask the typical interview questions. She asked like six scenario questions that really get you thinking, but I felt I gave good answers! After the interview, she said a supervisor decides if I move on and I will get an email within the next two weeks letting me know if the supervisor liked me. I knew right then I didn't get the job. When I got home, (I live like 15 minutes away) I got a rejection e-mail in about an hour later.

This wasn't my first time having an interview at Geico. I had one about three years ago and the same exact thing happened. Passed the computer test, had the interview, and she told me they would contact me, but I thought they would like me now since I have more customer service experience and I'm older.

I don't think it's fair that it's not your department manager giving you the interview. It's an HR person and they decide if you should move onto the next step. Not fair at all because what if the department manager would've liked you? I just don't understand what I did wrong. Anyway, with that being said I might apply again in 6 months if I don't have something better by then. As always, I am still thankful for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time a customer got really mad at you and what you did to fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a pre employment testing session that I participated in. It was a computer test on how well you retain information about insurance claims in a fast paced call center. There was also a typing test to see how fast your wpm is.

Interview Questions

• I did not make it to the actual interview with the recruiters.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

After a week of originally applying, i had a phone interview. Which was pretty simple, expect they informed me they no longer have CSR positions available, but they have slots open for Sales Representative and ask me if that would be okay. I said of course, after running by what my schedule would be for training and post training if i do get the position, She told me they will call me back in 3 business days. 3rd day i got an email, advising me i didn't get the position

Interview Questions

• How many times would your past employer would say you have been absent/late to work?   Answer Question
    • How much notice did you give your last job when you left?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Long process 3 interviews total, a bit casual (most people were in jeans or untucked shirts) but overall friendly. I enjoyed the people and they were really upfront about the process and the job itself

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview and then you are asked to take an on-site assessment. Following the assessment was an interview with a recruiter. The assessment was composed of a typing test and a simulation test. After the test, the recruiter asked interview questions and then there was a role-playing exercise, in which you had 20 minutes to study for. Following that was shadowing an employee and lastly, an interview with the hiring manager. You are asked several interview questions and then they explain additional information about the position.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

The interview process is a little lengthy but is understandable with the testing that is needed for the position. Breaks are included and part of the process included an onsite drug screen which I felt was a time saver and a convenience from not having to go to multiple locations on multiple days.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions, typing test, phone assessment of role playing that tests the level of customer service, and a computer test that tests the ability to multitask and navigate screens while handling a call   2 Answers

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I have been through it the hiring process many times with Geico. Every person I spoke with was so nice and welcoming. Then process is a big long to get to the end. But I believe it's well worth it! You get to work for a great company!

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Sunday 3/12 applied for Geico Internet Service Rep I

Tuesday 3/14 phone interview passed through to next phase. Received an email outlining the 7 step process.

Friday 3/17 assessment and first interview with recruiter

Tuesday 3/21 role play for Internet Customer Service but was denied due to a grammatical error but was offered to interview for the Customer Service on the phone position
    --role play was intense: given 20 mins to study fake company and you are called by the recruiter who acts as the customer. You are given instructions on how to handle the requests. If you aren't familiar with taking calls it might be difficult for you. Since I was interviewing for the Internet side I was also given a series of emails to respond to as well.

Wednesday 3/22 job shadow of phone rep & interview with Customer Service manager who went over more interview questions and details about the job and expectations of pay, training, scheduling, etc.

Offered the job on the spot contingent of passing the hair follicle test, background & credit check

Received the email to consent to background check and will be taking the hair drug test on Friday 3/24

Overall VERY lengthy process because they are selective in who they hire. They invest so much time into you and if this is something you want you will stick it out and let the process go through the necessary steps.