GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017
1,924 Interview Reviews

3.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

online assessment that tests personality and depth perception. 15 min interview, then a 1 hr phone interview. basic STAR questions and format. in person job assessment and face to face interview that's 3-4 hours. This is where you role play and pretend you're a claims adjuster for a made up company. background check and driving history check. then a hair drug test searching for hard drugs.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to negotiate.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Monday and was offered the job at the end of my interview on that Thursday. The whole process took 3 days.

The interview was long. It began at 8:45am and concluded at 3:00pm. There were a series of steps.

1st - Pre-Emploment test. Typical data entry (graded on accuracy and ability to manage multiple application) and typing. Don't fret it is super easy. Especially if you've worked in a corporate setting before.

2. Interview with HR. (Behavioral based questions)

3. Role Play (everyone has to role play no matter the position. You will be given documents with information on the product or service. Highlight important info and you'll be fine. HR will call you on the phone provided. There will be 3 calls. Relax and be outgoing.

4. Side by Side with Sales Representative on the floor. Call lasted 1 whole hr. The rep was speaking with an elderly woman.

5. One on One interview with Dept. Manager. She asked questions about the call and how i felt the rep did. She then asked me why i wanted the job. I told her about my experience as a claims adjuster and how familiar i am with insurance and that i wanted to transition into sales and what better way to do that by starting with insurance. I also expressed how ambitious and confident i am to exceed. She offered me the job and went over alot of information that i had to sign off on.

6. I took my ID photo for my badge

7. Completed my background consent paperwork online.

8. Drug Tested. They will take a hair sample.

9. Released. Took home some new hire booklets they provided for benefits & licensing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to pursade a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

They should pay you for the 5+ hour interview process. It was like a mystery, you go in and sit in a waiting room in HR. No one tells you anything. Typing test and simulated insurance job with emails and phone calls. Then you watch a long boring video about how good it is to work at Geico. I didn't need to be convinced, I applied for a job and I was in the interview process. Then you wait in the waiting room, no one tells you anything. Then a HR rep calls people to do an interview and then a role play, that means you passed the first part. Cant speak about the role play, I had to sign an agreement. Then (yep there's a lot more) you do another interview with the same HR person. THEN, if you passed that process you sit and monitor someone performing the job (I sat there for over an hour listening to phone calls) THEN!, another interview with the department manager. I was there for over 5 hours, was told I passed everything, got an email that said no thanks! It was completely uncomfortable and felt like I was treated like I didn't deserve respect as a person because I was just an applicant. Doesn't seem like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• The usual, the department manager spent most of the interview looking at a piece of paper and asking questions from it. She may have looked at me twice in the approximately 20 minutes I was in her larger than everyone else's cubicle.   1 Answer

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Tracy, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is ridiculously long and stressful. You start off with an online assessment, then two phone interviews about a week later. The phone interviewers are like robots, they are obviously reading off a script.

After you pass the phone interviews you will be scheduled for the role play interview. My interview took place at a hotel about 45 minutes away from where the job was to be. At this "interview" I was placed in a hotel room and placed at a desk. I was told what would happen and given 5 minutes to get organized. You will listen, and read along, to a 25 minute audio recording giving you your instructions and what to do. After the recording finishes you are given 5 minutes to get organized and then the phone will ring. You will be doing quotes for repairs from customers or from repair shops, it can get very overwhelming. This is what you are being tested on. Just bare down and get through it and you will be in good shape.

After you get done with the role play you are taken out and told to wait. If they come up to you and ask you to step outside or tell you that they will contact you, you did not get the job. A manager will come out and take you to another room where he will tell you that you passed and offer you a contingent job offer. You will then spend the next hour filling out forms for your background and credit check. After about a week you will be either told you need to report for training or you will get something in the mail saying you did not pass the background and or credit check. This will come from GIS not from Geico.

If you have anything on your credit that is bad YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED!! It is total crap that you are denied a job because of something that is on your credit. I went through a divorce and it ruined my credit, they do not care! Somebody's credit score does not make them a horrible employee or mean that they have no work ethic.

Complete waste of two months doing nothing but waiting.

Interview Questions

• You have an in person appointment in 15 minutes. You still have to finish a quote in the office and call back a customer for their quote. How do you get them all done and not be late to the appointment?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the MDP and was contacted by a recruiter through my email the next day. There was a brief phone interview the next day, and she scheduled me to come in for testing after that. The testing started with a multitasking test, and a typing test. I passed those and moved on to the Caliper test.

After that, we had some extra time so she decided to do the role play. I had 20 minutes to learn about a company and act as though I were a customer service representative with them. My recruiter called from another room three different times pretending to three different customers with three different questions/concerns. That part was definitely a bit nerve wracking but I passed! I was then asked to come back for a longer interview with her in a few days, a shadow of the department I would be going in to (customer service for me), and then an interview with the Hiring Manager.

When I came back for the longer interview, it was about an hour with my recruiter and was pretty much all situational/ behavioral questions so I'm incredibly glad I spent so much time preparing! Every question I prepared for ahead of time was definitely asked. The shadowing was actually pretty cool and just consisted of me watching someone take calls. My sit down with the Hiring Manager was actually pretty informal and lasted all of 5 minutes. At the end, I was told that the final step would be giving a 5-10 minute presentation about what leadership meant to me, in front of a panel of 5 people including my recruiter, and some of the higher management. I was told it would be semi-informal and mostly about them getting to know me. After that, is a hair analysis drug screen on site if you get offered the position, and off you go!

It's definitely a process, but trust me, it's worth it! Geico is a fantastic company and you'll feel like you actually earned the position if you make it through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received constructive criticism? Why Geico? What is your leadership style? How long do you see yourself at Geico? Tell me about Management roles you've held in the past?   1 Answer

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

This interview was for the management development program, auto damage adjuster trainee route. Started with a couple of tests after I applied. The two test were caliper test if you pass you get a phone interview. The phone interview was not too bad if you know what you're talking about. Then I was scheduled to go in and do the role play and another test. I completed the role play that lasted a couple hours. It was pretty hard but you have to remain calm and try your best. Once I finished the role play I was given another caliper test that was about a hundred questions. After this, I waited for my results and interviewed with a manager. The interview went extremely well and he said I had passed the exams and was offered the job. After that, i had to pass a background check that included a driving record check, a credit check, and the rest of the background stuff. Then I had to pass a hair drug test. I really liked this process because they make you work for the position, nobody underqualified can get these positions. Geico wants future business leaders and this is why the process is so rigorous. It is not easy but it is worth it in the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

It was an online video conference interview using a system called Hireview. Most of the questions were behavioral based and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was a smooth process although I did not get offered a position. Overall the experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult conversation you had a work   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews and tests on multiple days. They make you wait hours to talk to someone only to be asked ridiculous questions. Really just a waste of time. Everyone there looks miserable. The girl I observed told me how much she hates working for Geico.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Role playing, Very fun and fast paced. Not like any interview I've ever had. James, Chris, and Sameer were great!! James and Sameer are very good at what they do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is beyond annoying and tedious. Its 3 parts to it. Geico must think they are the end all be all for a job. Not considering they have a high turn over rate, Its a call center so its usually like that. The first part is a assessment on the computer to give u a feel of what you would be doing , If you pass that the next part is the actual interview where they just ask you questions and they type your response. Its so impersonal to me. and the last part is like a simulation test to where they sit u in a room and calls come through. It was annoying to me , Its like they are going to train you anyways, if you got call center experience which I do than I understand how a call center works.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?
      A lot of other situational questions and what would you do   Answer Question
    • Are you applying to any other jobs and what are they?   Answer Question
    • why did you choose Geico   Answer Question