GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,800 Interview Reviews

3.3

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Contacted by phone to set up an in person interview. Arrived to the location where I was placed in a room that appeared to be used for storage. First thing I was told was I will be taking a test, if I pass I move on and if I don't I go home. The test was similar to questions from any standardize test one would take in school, basic math and reading comprehension. After the test I went through role playing where the interviewers came in and acted with different personalities testing how I would react under pressure and how well you can negotiate. For this I just made sure to keep calm, listen to what they were saying and do my best to negotiate and meet somewhere in the middle. After that ended, I was told to sit in the room and wait while they talked... 10 minutes or so later one guy came down and told me they wanted to continue to interview process. I sat at a table across from 2 managers and their supervisor. The Supervisor asked unconventional interview questions and grilled me on my answers. At one point I thought to myself "I should tell them that this isn't going to work out and that we are wasting everyone's time." However I continued with the interview. Once the personal/professional questions ended I was asked how I like being micromanaged and started to mention things that made me not want the position such as long hours of overtime, how their managers treat them, and the workload and under appreciation. After that I was told to wait downstairs again while they talked. They brought me back up and to my surprise offered me the job. I went through the process in a haze thinking I was imagining what was going on... The entire time I was confident I would not get an offer. The whole interview process took a little over 4 hours. The following day I contacted the hiring manager to turn down the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we take a risk hiring you? What are your numbers right now? Why do you want to work for Geico?   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There were many steps to the process in which I respect; Typing text, written test, interview by an HR person, followed by an interview by a Manager. There also was a part where you shadowed a current employee to see if the job fit's your career goals.

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

I applied online, received an email to contact the recruiter in references to scheduling an interview. Went to Geico to take an assessment (you know at immediately if you passed or not) I passed so i went to the next step of the interview which was a face to face. The lady who interviewed me was nice but she wasn't very attentive. It seemed as if something else was on her mind which also threw me off during the interview. It was as if she wasn't paying attention to what I was saying. Again, after the interview you will know if you will move forward. (i didnt)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The interview process is simple, you apply online, you will receive an email about setting up a phone interview, then after the phone interview you will be asked to participate in a on site test about typing and quality skills. Next, you will do the role play. After that you'll be interviewed by the hiring manager and if she gives you the ok to shadow in the next building. You definitely have the job.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Stafford, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on Friday, February 3rd online. I was called on Monday to schedule a phone interview that I scheduled the next day. After having the phone interview Tuesday morning I was invited to come in for a face to face which I scheduled for Wednesday morning, the following day. The phone interview is very simple to pass if you express genuine interest, are professional, flexible in your schedule, and have a good answer for why you want to work for GEICO. I was scheduled to come in at 7:45 on February 8th. I arrived at 7:20 and waited until they opened the lobby I was supposed to go to at 7:30. Me and two other gentlemen took the computer assessment test shortly thereafter. That took about twenty minutes. It was a multitasking test followed by typing test that is fairly easy to pass as long as you don't let yourself get frustrated. After that a lady came in and had us watch a 15 minute video about what it's like working for all the departments in GEICO. When the video was finished we were returned to the small lobby to wait. After about twenty minutes, a woman came and grabbed one of the gentlemen that was interveiwing with me. Then immediately after another woman came and called me back. I was polite and friendly and tried to make small talk on the way to her office, and she was very nice and reciprocated. Once we got in her office she gave me a behavioural interview. Which was asking how I solved a problem, or handled certain situations in previous jobs. This can throw people off if they aren't familiar with behavioural questions so look them up and come up with answers so you will be ready. I prepared so I answered all her questions very smoothly. After that portion she asked me if I needed to be anywhere or if I wanted to take a break. I said no thank you and I was ready to move on. Since I was referred by someone she assumed I knew I had to role-play during the hiring process and I told I was aware, yes. So we immediately went down the hall to a room with a telephone and some paperwork. She told me this portion would take about an hour and a half and I would act like a claims agent for a fake company. I was given 25 minutes to read the manual given to gain some knowledge of my position and look through the papers. After that the simulation started and she called me three times with three different customer scenarios. She would also drop in the room and deliver paperwork to me that was apart of the simulation. All the while admist the phone calls you are expected to fill out proper reports and paperwork concerning the phone calls...and look through your papers to answer the customers questions...because you won't know off your head. After the simulation was done she called me on the phone and told me the role playing was over and had some follow up questions. After that she came in the room, collected the paper work and asked me to wait once again in the small lobby while she reveiwed it. After about 25 minutes she called me back and said everything looked great and that I definitely passed the role play. Which relieved me because I didn't complete the paperwork but handled myself pretty well on the phone for someone with no experience. They obviously don't expect you to be perfect but you can't be horrible either. Average I think will get you through that stage. She once again asked if I needed to be anywhere or needed a break. I once again said no thank you and she told me I would be shown the claims department and watch someone on the job. I was told by numerous people if you get to this portion you pretty much got it. But I didn't get full of myself and still acted very interested and professional the whole time. So I returned to the small lobby to wait. About 10 minutes later a hiring manager escorted me upstairs to the claims department. He showed me around a little and found someone who was willing to have me sit with them and watch them do their job. I sat with this nice girl who did her job very well and listened to her calls for about 45 minutes to an hour. After that a different hiring manager took me back and gave another interview. These questions where a little more about past experiences, if I still thought I would be a good fit after seeing what it was like, and easing concerns that he may have about me not having experience. I was prepared so I answered these pretty well too. He started telling me more about the job, the salary, benefits, etc. That interview was about 30 minutes...then he said he would offer me the job! He took me back downstairs to the small lobby where I spent about 30 minutes filling out paperwork as well as online paperwork. After that I went and took my picture so my badge would be ready the day I started...then I was sent to an urgent care nearby to take a hair follicle test. So even though the process is long...if you're prepared and the job is for you...you will most likely get it.

Interview Questions

• One thing we are generally concerned with is people coming from jobs were they are mobile and moving around. Here, you are at a desk 8 hours a day on the phone. Why shouldn't I be concerned?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you want to get the job. Do your homework, and make sure you actually want to work there. I went on YouTube and watched a few hours of interviews situations and had all my answers ready before I went in. I also saw other situations on Glass door.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The interviewer cancelled and rescheduled my interview three separate times, never giving more than an hour notice. When the I did finally did get to speak with the interviewer he was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Internship Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

One on one interview where I gave my resume beforehand. He was very nice and we briefly discussed my experience in school and outside work. They talked about the values of Geico and I explained how I could contribute my personal skills to the same values.

Auto Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online and taking 12 question interview process I was called in for the role playing part. I found it very difficult because I was not prepared. The role playing interview is as follows: You get to listen to and read a transcript of the directions. It takes 30 minutes; then you have 5 minutes to review what you just learned. For my RP, the CD that played the instructions was on repeat (which I was not aware of). All of a sudden two men enter the room playing faux customers. They grill you on what you have just learned (forms A-F). The forms start in an organized format, but as the interview process continues, you get more and more flustered. That is the point. If you have had auto adjuster experience before you should be just fine. If you don't have any experience then you are already placed down a notch. Since I had no idea if I was supposed to be negotiating when the guys came in the room or not I was just confident on not giving an inch, Then you get a call on the phone. Once again if you don'y have adjuster experience then you have no idea what going on. A few more people call and come in. I actually had an electrician come in. I thought he was part of the simulation, but apparently he wasn't. He was literally there to check the electric which no one told me. After talking to him for a few minutes a supervisor came in and advised me that the electrician was not part of the test. He was there to check the electric lines (5 mins wasted.) Overall, if you have experience in the industry you will do well. If you don't, then just exude confidence regardless of what the position entails. There is no way that someone can absorb a 30 minute lesson and act on it for a simulation. GEICO is just trying to make sure that you have good customer service skills and you are trainable after all is said and done.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I recently applied to Geico the process was fairly easy online. You then get an email to set up your phone interview. Which I set for a day where I had no distractions. I believe the recruiters are very rude and need training on how to deal with people. It is ridiculous that they have these people that although they ask acceptable questions their attitudes are very disgusting. Its like they don't want to be bothered.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to influence someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I did the application and was immediately sent an assessment email. The assessments were not fun at all. But I passed. Two days later i was emailed for a phone interview for the following day. Questions were simple, just job experience and why you want to be an adjuster. Two days later I was scheduled for another phone interview. These questions were more situational. The following day I received a call from a manager and invited me in to do role play. As others have said it's 30 minutes listening to a cd with the same verbiage in from off you. You have 5 minutes to go over it, and there are 5 simple scenarios. The scenarios were not hard at all. Ppl say it's hard but honestly you don't have to rush, don't go super slow, but it's ok to make small talk with the customer while you look through papers. They leave the packet and the info in the packet is not even needed. Just be calm and enthusiastic

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working in a male dominated field   Answer Question