GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

3.3

374 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

It was alot, more than I ever experienced in my life. I had to go through, no lie, about 7 different interviews, including computer tests,Jay to get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied, got a email for phone interview, passed phone interview, got to go in person now for computer testing and simulation, passed then interviewed with note taker, she said I'll get information in email 3-5 days. Didn't sound promising. I have a few more days for that email. Dun dun dun. I've only heard on here when they say that you are done.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

long line and many interviews that help over and past the time of the initial interview scheduled. At first i was like wow everyone wants to work here and everyone is dressed so professional. I thought they were alright but when i got to the interview which took place past the interview time i was alloted, a red flag went up. Then the interviewer didn't seem like they had much experience or were way too nervous. I think they got overbooked and in a last minute panic took someone's great idea from the water fountain and pulled anyone who worked for them, as if they owed them something, and continued the testing.

Interview Questions

• too much personal questions if you ask me   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

There is phone interview- an hour assessment- 1 on 1 interview, 1 on 1 interview part 2 - 3 phone call role play -- must pass each to continue. I did not receive an offer on the spot. or a call within 48 hours that was I advised of.. or an email reply to my inquiry on as to when i could re apply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX).

Interview

Overwhelming! I was there for 8 hours going through the interview process! It was like a full day of work. I was asked to do a role play, i met with 3 different managers, then i was seated in a lobby before anyone told me i was being hired for the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few days. I scheduled my assessment for the follow day. It was a pretty basic assessment that involved call center senecios and a typing test. If you pass this you move on to a in person interview with a recruiter. There was none available that day so I scheduled it for 9am the following morning. Went through that and moved on to the listening into a call with an actual representative. After that went to speak with a hiring manager. Everything went well, but then was told I would recieve a call back within 48 hours with a decision. I got an email back that following Monday saying they had tried to reach me, but couldn't do they cancelled my application. I know this wasn't true because I never received an email or phone call whatsoever. Overall it's a very long drawn out process, but just stay upbeat and you will do fine. I know the reason I got turned down was because I said I couldn't work sundays due to it being my husband's only day off.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about abtime you had an irate customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in September 2016.

Interview

Long and intense so be ready. First there is a phone interview, then you have a 6 hour interview, and you come back for another 4 hour interview another day.

Interview Questions

• what did you do previously?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online 7/27 had a phone interview the next day. These were the questions they asked:

Why did you leave this position at XYZ?
    If we were to contact your most recent employer, what will they say about you showing up on time?
    Are there any days you are not available? ( If you really want it say 'none')
    A few more general questions the call only lasted 8 minutes.

After the call, I received an email to have an in-person interview. Which was 5 days after I had applied. When I went in there, there were already two women, waiting. We were moved into a room with 6 computers three on one side and the rest on the other. In the middle of our "test" we were interrupted by another group of three coming in to take the exam. Which further distracted me and lead to me doing poorly. ( Well so I think)

The exam:

1st shift: had a headset on and received fake phone calls and emails from customers.
    2nd part: typing test
    * repeat these two one more time ( Test took 45 minutes)

Normally, I type 62WPM but on this test I only typed two sentences! The woman next to me typed really quickly and made me even more nervous. I honestly think I did bad, but it seems like they don't take it to much to account, the writing part. The other part I did really well.

The second phase was another interview, then that interviewer will take you into a small room. Call you on the phone for mock phone calls (about 3). You get a stack of 4 pages that you have to learn in 20 minutes and then answer the phone calls regarding the fake company.

Finally, they take you upstairs to seat with an actual representative. Then they can come get you for a final interview. I was actually having so much fun with the representative that when they came to get me I was really confused. The last interview went great talk about how your experiences have lead up to this and you will be offered a position right on the spot!

Honestly, I went in thinking that I would not get it. Everyone around me seemed more qualified. The test made me more upset because I thought any second now I will be sent home. After the test I just started to have fun and I think thats what they saw. Have FUN and they will see your potential, honestly it was not that bad but I wowed them with my experince and personality.

It also took 4 hours, so make sure you plan for that! Then you get a drug test (offsite) which was a hair drug test. They lady who cut my hair said Geico is hiring a lot, and that she had already done 3 other people that day.

Interview Questions

• It says here you've applied to other places, what will make you decide where your going to choose work?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Go in for real interview. Typing test first. Real interview. Role play. Interview with a manager or supervisor in my case. Get the job. Training is intense. If you don't already have your P&C license, they'll pay for you to get it. Takes about a week. Make sure you study and pay attention closely. Once that's passed, you got in for GEICO training. Takes about 3 months. Just pay attention and do your best. Do not be afraid to ask questions. Training is the time to mess up. Once that's done, you'll go out to transition before the floor. Basically the floor but with support to help with questions you might have and coaches to help you perform better. Everything is number based and calls into a category. Calls per day, quality, surveys, and referrals. This changes sometimes so it may not be the same anymore by the time you get there. If you have great numbers, you'll get a promotion by the end of transition. Then you go to the floor.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay to work 4pm to 12am?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in after the phone interview for computer multitasking test I passed. Then i did my interview with a member if a HR i passed. Then I did my role playing task and after that follow up questions. Then they said they will contact me in 2-3 days after a hiring board approves it. Does this mean I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not agree with your supervisor or manager decision. What did you do?   3 Answers