GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I first applied online and immediately got an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was immediately scheduled a date the next week to come in for the pre-employment testing. When I arrived I started with the computer multi-tasking and typing tests which I passed. Don't rush these, take your time, listen carefully and you will be fine. Next I was on the the first HR interview. The questions aren't too bad just be thorough with your answers and you should do fine. Next I was put into a mock phone room and received a packet of papers of a fake service company, along with 5-6 potential fake customers that may be calling in. I was nervous for this but as long as you refer to your packet and highlight the key things, they are looking to someone who is professional on the phone and diffuses any disgruntled or troubled customers. After passing this I was taken to the actual call center floor to shadow a rep for about an hour. You have a worksheet to fill out while you listen in on the reps calls so pay attention as you will be asked about some of these conversations in the final interview. The final interview is usually done with a manager but I was instead interviewed by two customer service trainers. At this point I was very confident in my answers to their questions and they had told me they were going to try to find an available manager for me to speak with. They came back about 7 minutes later saying they could not get an available manager at this time but it did not matter as they offered me the position on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation in which you produced great customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No initial negotiation other than I was offered a night time position that paid a little bit more but the hours were tough so I went with a little less money to start during a day time shift.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 5 hours. First, completed a test to determine your typing and listening capabilities, if passed you'll then go to a 1:1 interview which consists of behavioral questions, if passed you'll then do a role play, if passed you'll do another 1:1 interview, then job shadow for about an hour, and then a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a rude customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call the very next day and set up an interview later that week. I was advices to prepare to be there from 1-6 hours. Obviously the shorter your visit the higher chance you didn't get it. Took the typing and multitasking tests first. If you don't pass this they send you home immediately. After passing I went and your typical interview with an HR representative. From there was the mock phone calls. Personally I struggled on the first call but got it together rather quickly for the last two, which saved me. Then was interviewed again by the manager who did the mock call where we discussed my mock calls and how similar they are to the position. Then you sit in with a CSR on their calls for an hour or so. Finally, you have the interview with the supervisor who you could potentially be reporting to, if given the job offer. If all goes well you go fill out paper work accepting the job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on a Thursday night, completed personality test and received an email Friday morning that I was selected to come in for pre-employment testing; I selected the following Saturday. There were about 8 or 9 of us total in my group. The testing weeded out half the group. The remaining 4 of us waited to speak to an HR specialist, who then passed our information to a senior HR specialist. This cut the group down to just me, and the senior specialist set up role playing, which was very stressful but I did well on it. She then asked me a few questions after the role playing and then asked me to come back in on Monday to shadow a current CSR and speak with a hiring manager. The shadowing was one hour long and the interview with the hiring manager was about 30 min long and I was offered the position. Everyone during the process was friendly and professional. I did NOT endure a phone interview like kostnof the other people who have left reviews.

Interview Questions

• Have you applied to other companies and if so, why would you choose Geico?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative, Sales, Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

You apply, they give you a phone interview. Then schedule you for a computer multitasking test. I passed the typing which only asks for 25 wpm. But the multitask AmeriMed simulation test is bogus! It has you take calls and put in info as if you are already a CSR. If you haven't had call center experience I doubt you could pass it. Ridiculous! After the test they make you wait and tell you if you passed or didn't in front of the group who is sitting there. Humiliating! Not worth the trouble

Geico Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

First, you had to pass a computer test. If you passed the test you moved to the second interview, which they asked you basic interview questions. If you passed that then you moved to the 3rd interview. 3rd interview was the most difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very strenuous. It's like testing for the military. Soon as something wrong comes up or you fail, you can't continue the process. Please allot at least 5 hours of your day for it

Interview Questions

• Typing Test
      Role Play
      Mini Interview
      Hiring manager interview
      Drug test
      Employee forms
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

They give you quick results, very fast process. First interview was an assignment test they are looking for knowledge of computer skills and how well you work under pressure. Second interview is face to face. Unfortunately, the man I had was very non expressional and mad me feel uncomfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I applied online and received a request for phone interview. I have years of applicable customer service and insurance claims experience. Recruiter was very sweet and polite. Very in-depth about benefits, confirming start date for the position etc. She stated the process could be conducted virtually since I'm out-of-state. Straight-forward 20-minute introductory interview. She stated I was moving forward to the next step and told me a hiring manager would be in touch. This was earlier today. I just now logged on to the GEICO careers page to check my application status - had a feeling that something was off. The app status is now listed as "rejected." The position is 1200 miles away and I was planning on relocating before I even applied, so I thought for a moment.. Came to the conclusion that having to adhere to a business casual dress code, follow metrics that are not humanly realistic, and put up with a guilty conscience because you work for Warren Buffett - for $14.50/hr wasn't worth it anyway. I have offers with companies who have no dress code and pay more.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Once you pass the computer assessment, you have an interview with a hiring recruiter. A lot of scenario questions were asked along with previous work questions. After that interview you have a telephone role playing interview. You then shadow an actual CSR, followed by an interview with the department hiring manager. If you prepare yourself by researching the company and studying interview questions and keep an upbeat attitude you will be ok.