GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,858 Interview Reviews

3.3

Product Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, an online timed assessment which was pretty challenging, and then several interviews at their headquarters. The interview day lasts 5 hours. The younger staff was friendly but the older staff members were rather uptight and basically worshiped GEICO, not very welcoming. You do go over your assessment during the interview, so be prepared to defend your answers and catch and mistakes quickly.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

Phone interview to screen. They then have you complete a hireview online interview with prerecorded questions as a video interview. Eventually they bring you in for an in person interview with a recruiter

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Started out with a twenty minute phone interview. Then continued on to 2 in person interviews. The interview took place at one of their branches. They required relocation in order to be considered for the position.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied online. Same day received assessment test to complete. Assessment Test not difficult. After assessment was send email to call hiring department to set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to interact with an irate customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy to me. I passed the typing/multi-tasking portion then moved on to the face to face interview. After passing that I moved along to the role playing portion of the interview which was the easiest part for me. Finally I was taken upstairs to shadow a current employee where afterwards I was interview by the hiring supervisor. My advice is to be yourself and be interested in the job.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I made it through to the role play assessment. It was very strange and had absolutely nothing to do with the position I was applying for. I was disappointed at first that I didn't pass the role play, but then decided it was an unfair test and I probably wouldn't have been happy there after all.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions in the phone interview was describe a time when you had a conflict with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was definitely complex and in depth, however, you have to consider that by hiring someone they are essentially signing on to pay someone's salary for a few months to ship them off to very in depth training before they start making the company money. They want to be very sure that person they hire is right for the job. Overall, it was a hard process but reasonable. My best advise: be confident in who you are and what you're about. Be 100% sure that you know what this job is and why you want the position. Do your research, learn about Geico, learn about the job. This isn't the kind of job you pursue just cause the pay is good, you need to be passionate about this kind of work and this specific company. But really, at the end of the day throughout the 4 interviews (including a really stressful role playing interview) the bottom line is, once you have done your research about the company and are sure this is the job for you, present yourself with complete confidence and you will do well. I genuinely look forward to launching my career with Geico.

Interview Questions

• Why do we need adjuster's rather than just having mechanics adjust claims and complete repairs?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Very long. They stress the importance of being on time which is reasonable and they advise you that the interview process can take 6 hours. Even if you stay the 6 hours, there is no guarantee you got the job. You end up being just a piece of paper to them, even if they give you positive remarks I wouldn't take it seriously or get your hopes up.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a moment of hardship and how you got through it   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in April 2017.

Interview

Senselessly dragged out process.
    Step 1: fill out a WOTC form
    Step 2: fill out a questionnaire
    Step 3: schedule online assessment
    Step 4: receive link and complete online assessment in 48 hours
    Each step took 1-2 days before getting a response for the next thing on the list.

The online assessment was meant to evaluate "analytical reasoning" and "quantitative problem solving skills”. When actually this assessment evaluated your speed reading and quick comprehension first and your analytical reasoning second, while not evaluating problem solving skills at all. You’re given 3 minutes per questions unlike most assessments out there where you’re given an overall time to finish. For each question, you’re given a list of facts and from that you have to choose a multiple-choice answer that is true based on these facts.

Not sure how they came to the conclusion this assessment evaluated any of the things they say it does, but hopefully they realize their mistake and find a better 3rd party company that handles their online assessments.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working specifically at GEICO?   Answer Question
    • How do you believe your degree and unique skills and experience match up to the requirements of the position?   Answer Question
    • Describe an analytical project that you have worked on in the past that is relevant to this position. What was the problem you were trying to solve? What kind of tools and problem-solving techniques did you use in performing the analysis?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview and then you are asked to take an on-site assessment. Following the assessment was an interview with a recruiter. The assessment was composed of a typing test and a simulation test. After the test, the recruiter asked interview questions and then there was a role-playing exercise, in which you had 20 minutes to study for. Following that was shadowing an employee and lastly, an interview with the hiring manager. You are asked several interview questions and then they explain additional information about the position.