GEICO Liability Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Liability Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.4

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I applied to Geico in June. They contacted me to take a test, I took it the same day I applied. After the test, I was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was an hour long, just asking about my background. They also repeatedly asked about certain situations in my last job. The woman on the phone said I did a very good job, told me the salary, the start date, and that I would most likely be working from home due to COVID-19. She then said I moved on to the next part of the interview, which was the roleplay. I tried to look up as much information regarding the roleplay as I could, but the only thing I saw is that it was extremely difficult - it is. There is no way to prepare for this thing. You get 25 minutes to review some documents, and navigating and clicking your way through the roleplay is difficult. A lot of information is thrown at you. I thought I did pretty well, the woman performing the roleplay also said I did well. She said that I would be receiving a phone call on Monday. Monday morning came, and I received an EMAIL from Geico, saying that I did not get the position. Complete waste of time!

Interview Questions

• In your last job, describe a situation where you had to use critical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Took a computer text fairly easy if you pay attention then met with a hr rep. Then went to shadow an adjustor met with a division manager. If they like you you will get offer on spot

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked to have their deductible waived?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone interview then they schedule you for an in person interview which is a full day. You have 3 test. The first one is role playing with a fake company on the computer and then a typing test. after that if you pass you go do an interview with someone in HR. who then ask you multiple questions about experiences in the work place. If you pass that then you go in a room with files and a booklet that you have to review for 25mins... FYI they only give you 15.... I timed it GEICO!then they start calling and you are suppose to do what the instructions do... it is nothing like what you will do in the field they do this test to see how well you do under stress allegedly. thats where mine ended... DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEIR GAMES!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Anchorage, AK) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR team to apply for the job, so I did. I then had to take a personality quiz, followed by a 30 minute phone interview, which went really well. Next I had a one hour long phone interview, which also went really well. I was asked to come in to shadow someone who works in this position to make sure it was something I really was interested in doing. After shadowing and meeting most of the team I said yes I was still very interested in the job. About one week later I received a phone call that I did not get the job. In my opinion my interviewer sounded very promising and really made me feel like I had it, so I was disappointed when I got the call. I don't think bringing someone in for shadowing is really necessary unless you know you want to offer them the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you offered an unsatisfied customer a solution that still did not satisfy them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Whole process is very lengthy, so if you can get an early start time, do it so you don't have to make multiple trips.

Start off with a basic skills test. If you have any experience working on a computer, this will be pretty simple.

Next is role playing. I had major anxiety about this. But again, if you have good comprehension skills and have customer service experience, this will be easy peasy.

Shadow someone for 30 mins to an hour to get a preview of what your day to day will be like.

Finally is manager interview.

All really simple, but they've got this down to a science.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to give someone an answer they weren't happy about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

Applied online which led to a phone interview which led to an office interview. In-person interview process lasted six hours total. Then waited four weeks until I received a job offer with no prior communication.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in a high pressure call center environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a long process. I arrive at 8am and left around 4:30pm.first was a computer test. It was hard and very fast paced. Simulated a call center somewhat. The first interview was with an HR person who asked STAR interview questions. Then I was selected to move on to a skills test to simulate being a claims adjuster. Don't be afraid to put the person on a brief hold to make sure you say the right thing. And don't be afraid to tell them that you will check with your supervisor. And yes, you can send them a letter. Lol. After that was another STAR interview and then I shadowed with an adjuster for an hour then another short interview and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Review how to answer STAR interview questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Internal, asking why I wanted to interview and work there. Interviewing person is typically a senior manager and was fairy straight forward. They have your performance metrics infant of them before you walk in the door. Multiple references and concerns to tenure in company and short advancements (I can see this as a worry for having me leave immediately, but claims was where I wanted to be).

Interview Questions

• Most employees are here for several years before they move into claims, why should I hire you?
      What makes you better at this job then the other candidates?
      This job has attention to detail, can you explain how you have attention to detail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: Basic behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself. Customer service experience questions like how did you handle upset customers, examples. On-site interview (30') with department manager, more customer service and personality questions. Accepted offer. Great starting salary

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I felt as though I was a member of celebrity apprentice. The tests were interesting, as I went through several different phases. Overall just be honest, listen to instructions and be yourself.