GEICO Liability Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

GEICO Liability Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

Applied online which led to a phone interview which led to an office interview. In-person interview process lasted six hours total. Then waited four weeks until I received a job offer with no prior communication.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in a high pressure call center environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Whole process is very lengthy, so if you can get an early start time, do it so you don't have to make multiple trips.

Start off with a basic skills test. If you have any experience working on a computer, this will be pretty simple.

Next is role playing. I had major anxiety about this. But again, if you have good comprehension skills and have customer service experience, this will be easy peasy.

Shadow someone for 30 mins to an hour to get a preview of what your day to day will be like.

Finally is manager interview.

All really simple, but they've got this down to a science.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to give someone an answer they weren't happy about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview and testing process is pretty straightforward and unremarkable. The first interview is preceded by a skills assessment test. If the interview goes well the candidate then has to perform a job simulation in which the ability to multi-task and assimilate information from multiple sources simultaneously is tested. If that goes well, the third step is a job-shadow, during which the candidate sits with an adjuster for about an hour, then has a final interview with a Claims Manager.

Interview Questions

• All questions are fairly standard and primarily bent toward customer service, insurance and problem-solving. Generally speaking, they don't ask anything that the average job-seeker hasn't answered numerous times before.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Several steps, some being unnecessary. There aren't proper interviewers in place and they all just essentially wing it. They cherry pick candidates and aren't screening properly. Just looking to fill desks.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I felt as though I was a member of celebrity apprentice. The tests were interesting, as I went through several different phases. Overall just be honest, listen to instructions and be yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Four Stages. 1) The computer assessment: Your data entry and typing speeds are tested. You're giving a few minutes of instruction and are able to explore this data entry software for a fictional company. Navagating it comes quickly and the simulation is brief. You read fictional emails and listen to fictional phone recordings in order to properly enter data into the program. After a few calls and emails the simulation ends and they test your WPM speed. You'll do two rounds of this. They stress the difficulty but it's easy. 2) One on one interview: The gentlman was nice and the questions were typical. Be sure to have several examples to draw from. They love examples. 3) Phone service role playing. For me this was the most difficult part. I thought I blew it. You're given twenty-five minutes to digest a large amount of information about another fictional company and a certain product (I'm being vague purposely). The phone calls come in and you have to deal properly with the callers. You'll fill out forms and will then keep a log of what each call was about. You're handwriting everything quickly. I was confused almost the entire time. The first few callers were normal, but then they threw a guy with a thick accent at me which requried patience,I had to negotiate with a contractor who was trying to over charge my company, then finally I had to break some bad news to another customer and he was super angry. These calls aren't arbitrary. Ask yourself, "what aspect of customer service are they testing me on right now?" Is it compassion? Patience? An ability to stay firm? Ability to keep your cool under pressure? Stay focused and professional. Again, I thought I bombed it but I made it through, and I bet that how I interacted with the callers had a lot to do with it. Own this simulation. Whatever company it is make sure you're confident and sell yourself. 4) The final one on one interview and offer. This was less of an interview and more of an explanation of what their goals are, what they expect from you, and the company culture. You're asked for more examples and why you're a good fit. The typical stuff you've already practiced on your previous one on one interview. You'll be good and warmed up by now. Not like it matters, I feel that if you make it this far you're pretty much rock solid and can rest easy. Unless you decide to dance on the guys desk you'll probably get an offer. Whole process took about five hours. It flew by and they will offer you breaks.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any curveballs. They're not trying to derail you; I got the feeling they wanted to hire me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It pays what it pays and I was proud to get on board.

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Internal, asking why I wanted to interview and work there. Interviewing person is typically a senior manager and was fairy straight forward. They have your performance metrics infant of them before you walk in the door. Multiple references and concerns to tenure in company and short advancements (I can see this as a worry for having me leave immediately, but claims was where I wanted to be).

Interview Questions

• Most employees are here for several years before they move into claims, why should I hire you?
      What makes you better at this job then the other candidates?
      This job has attention to detail, can you explain how you have attention to detail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Anchorage, AK) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR team to apply for the job, so I did. I then had to take a personality quiz, followed by a 30 minute phone interview, which went really well. Next I had a one hour long phone interview, which also went really well. I was asked to come in to shadow someone who works in this position to make sure it was something I really was interested in doing. After shadowing and meeting most of the team I said yes I was still very interested in the job. About one week later I received a phone call that I did not get the job. In my opinion my interviewer sounded very promising and really made me feel like I had it, so I was disappointed when I got the call. I don't think bringing someone in for shadowing is really necessary unless you know you want to offer them the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you offered an unsatisfied customer a solution that still did not satisfy them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a long process. I arrive at 8am and left around 4:30pm.first was a computer test. It was hard and very fast paced. Simulated a call center somewhat. The first interview was with an HR person who asked STAR interview questions. Then I was selected to move on to a skills test to simulate being a claims adjuster. Don't be afraid to put the person on a brief hold to make sure you say the right thing. And don't be afraid to tell them that you will check with your supervisor. And yes, you can send them a letter. Lol. After that was another STAR interview and then I shadowed with an adjuster for an hour then another short interview and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Review how to answer STAR interview questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone interview then they schedule you for an in person interview which is a full day. You have 3 test. The first one is role playing with a fake company on the computer and then a typing test. after that if you pass you go do an interview with someone in HR. who then ask you multiple questions about experiences in the work place. If you pass that then you go in a room with files and a booklet that you have to review for 25mins... FYI they only give you 15.... I timed it GEICO!then they start calling and you are suppose to do what the instructions do... it is nothing like what you will do in the field they do this test to see how well you do under stress allegedly. thats where mine ended... DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEIR GAMES!