GEICO Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

3.3

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Westbury, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Got an email on 5/30/17 about the position and had my phone interview on 6/1/17. The phone interview was pretty easy just went over the position and asked questions about being late to previous jobs. I went on the face to face interview on 6/5/17 and took a computer test and was told that I passed right away I then went upstairs and shadowed a current worker however the system was down when I went and I wasn't able to learn much after that I was taken to a room for a face to face Interview and then I was told they would reach back out. Pretty sure I didn't get it because I didn't do the role play or anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

As majority of the people posted on glassdoor about the interview process it was 100% accurate with the exception of order of things done first. Mine went as follows:
    I arrived at 9:30 am for a 9:45 am time. I checked in with their security officer and signed in with two ladies who would be administering the test we are to take. I sat back down and was called back to take the test at 10:20 am.

The test was in a small room with about 10 computers sectioned off. It consisted of two parts and plenty of practice questions first. You will be tested on two types of things: Listening to phone calls and responding to emails while you enter in the correct information in a timed session. You will have three tabs and within those three tabs you have three more sections. You must read the email or listen to the phone call and choose which column it is to go under. Those columns are Service, Claims and one other (I cannot recall at the moment). If you just read each section or listen carefully you will do fine. They care about accuracy and not how much you can get done. So focus on what you hear or read and get the information inputted as fast as you can. The second part to the test was a typing test. Just type accurately and you will do fine. Again they do not care if you can finish the paragraph (because you won't - it has a lot of information in it) just get as much done as accurate as possible. There are a total of two sections with those two tests in them. I was done by 11:01 am. It did not take long but I did see some people struggling to get it done. Some people passed and I saw some that did not. They do not shame you in any way. If you did not pass they will call you to their office and simply state what happened and that you can try again in 6 months. I passed and was off to the next part of the interview.

I didn't have to wait long (about 5 minutes) until I was called to follow a guy upstairs to do a shadowing portion. I shadowed the girl (who had only been there 6 months so she wasn't the best to shadow). She was nice and tried her best and after 30 minutes of taking notes and asking questions the guy came back and took me to a cubicle for another interview portion.

The interview was basic scenario questions. This portion lasted about 45 minutes as the interviewer had to write all my responses down and there were about 10 pages front and back to his packet. The questions were not difficult but it was a lot of the same types of questions over and over.

The interviewer then left to go read what I had written and then finally came back after about 10 minutes and took me back downstairs. I sat for another 30 minutes until someone came and got me. The lady was super nice and I was told she really liked what was said about me but they felt I would be better fit in the customer service claims position and not the liability claims position. They felt this was due to the fact that I had never been in claims and would like to extend and another round of interviewing - which would include the role-playing portion and a final interview if I passed the role-play. The hours would also change from M-F 8-4:30 to Monday - Friday *one week day off* with working one Sat or Sun of my choice - The hours would be starting between 1pm-4pm with the respective 8 hour shift. She could not tell me the time yet as the class had not been decided for everyone. I took a day to think about it and declined the opportunity to come back in for the second half (Which by the way would have been another 4 hours she said).

So overall the interview was long so please be prepared for that. It is not a lie when people say that. The interviews I had were super nice and the test was easy. I felt that reading everyone's information prepared me a lot for this and I will definitely check back in 6 months to see what positions are available just in case a good shift or position opens up that I would be qualified for.

Interview Questions

• Why GEICO?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in claims?   Answer Question
    • How does your current experience apply to the current position you are interested in?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked on a team.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had a goal to achieve and how you accomplished this goal.   Answer Question
    • What types of duties did you do in your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Received a phone call right away after applying from the recruiter. Scheduled an interview for the next week. This is a five step interview process. 1. Typing/multi tasking test. If you pass that you move onto 2. Face to face interview with 2 managers 3. Role play: the role play has nothing to do with the actual job. The role play actually has nothing to do with anything in the field of auto insurance or claims 4: observation of position 5: final interview with another manager. This interview process was 8 hours long. The recruiter and manager of the final interview came out and said they would call me in two days. I spent the whole day there along with taking a 3 hour break because that's when I could do the observation and final face to face interview. They keep your hopes that you are going to get the position. In two days they EMAILED me saying I didn't get the commission. I have five years works in customer service, claims, and as a manager. Do not waste your time.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of the role play?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

Online assessment then phone interview. Then asked to come in for multi-tasking/computer simulation. Passed that. Shadowed a team member for an hour, then met for face to face interview. Then met with HR who said I didn't get the job, but they would like to offer me an entry level call center job. I really feel like they did a huge bait & switch. I asked the guy I shadowed how long he had been doing this job, he said 9 months. But, he had certificates from 2015 from Geico. Maybe everyone new to the industry starts in the call center? Really bummed because its 10K less than the job I applied for and an afternoon/evening schedule 4 weekdays and 1 weekend (1-9:30pm/2-10:30pm, etc.) Disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Give example of a time you received constructive criticism from your boss & how did you take it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview Process contained a series of stages. 1st stage take a multitasking test, along with doing a WPM test 25 WPM requirement. If you pass the 1st stage you move onto the 2nd which is a face to face interview with HR and during the face to face interview, you have to do a Role play experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

It is lengthy - It started with a personality assessment that I took at home, online. A few days later I received an email asking me to make an appointment for a short telephone interview that ascertained my availability to work the necessary hours, verified my education, and made sure that I had not worked at GEICO before. At the end of that call, I was then scheduled for a computer skills test at the office. This was a simulation of the computer skills necessary for the job - typing speed and manipulating different folders. On the same day as this computer assessment - I passed - I was taken into another office and asked the kind of questions you would expect - difficult job situations, goals, accomplishments, etc. After this I was scheduled to come back a week later for another assessment - this was some role play and some writing, a simulation of what the actual job would be like. After this I was asked if I thought the job was something I would like, what did I like best about it, etc. The next step is to have my assessment graded and if I pass this, my application will be given to the department manager and another appointment will be made. If no one is interested, then they will email me and then in six months I can reapply to GEICO. I am currently waiting to hear back from the company one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that I was criticized by my supervisor and how did I handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I made it through to the role play assessment. It was very strange and had absolutely nothing to do with the position I was applying for. I was disappointed at first that I didn't pass the role play, but then decided it was an unfair test and I probably wouldn't have been happy there after all.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions in the phone interview was describe a time when you had a conflict with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was probably the longest I've ever experienced. I don't know that I would call it difficult, just draining. It just requires you to be on your toes and that can be difficult when you are already nervous during a job interview. It started with a brief phone call to ensure that I met basic requirements/prerequisites. Once that was confirmed, I was invited in for a face-to-face interview. There was a pretty large group of us (at least 10). First step was a quick skills test (typing stuff). I went in knowing that it was going to be an intense interview so I tried not to get my hopes up but was excited to be moved along to the next step. Step 2 was an interview with a member of HR. It was nothing out of the ordinary (typical job interview questions). Step 3 was a role play. This is probably what tripped me up. I was already nervous going into the interview but this thing was intense. Now they ask us not to disclose information about this role play "as a condition of employment" but seeing as I am not an employee... lol just kidding. I'll just say it's just as everybody else on here has stated. Just be prepared and pay attention to the guidelines.

Anyhow..as far as the interview, the place seems great but I don't know why the interview is so intense. It seems unnecessary. This is coming from somebody that only got through to the role play. They let you take breaks and ask if you need to leave or reschedule regularly but I couldn't imagine stopping halfway through an interview to ask if I can reschedule the rest. The people that I interviewed with were friendly so it was all good until I took the walk of shame (out the back entrance even) and got the "you'll hear back from management" deal. Also my rejection email states "apply again in 12 months" if you're still interested. Okay. This is after they said we could apply again in 6 months during the application process. Ouch. I l felt like I was slapped in the face. I figure it was at least good practice. Maybe I'll still be on the hunt in 12 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Within two days of applying for the job through their website I received an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. The actual phone interview was approximately 20 minutes at most. The first thing I was asked was whether I was interested in working for another position they had available which involves driving round the tri-state area. Basically the call was mostly about informing me in what the position would require, confirming information listed in my resume, the training process, and probationary period involved as a new hire.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in being a liability claims representative with Geico?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very thorough and slightly intimidating. Encourages self belief. Really, it's the way all interviews should be conducted. I went in confident in my ability and was able to relate that feeling to everyone I spoke with .