GEICO Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

3.3

123 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Computer and typing test was first. Series of questions from the interviewer. Role play came after that. The role play was cool and showed you what the Job would be like should you get and offer and accept the job. Overall a postie experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where a customer was upset and you had to help alleviate the situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The interview process is simple. First they take you in a room to take a test on how well you listen and pay attention and than you go in for an interview. They ask situational questions and for you to elaborate on your resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

Computer Test - Multi Tasking plus typing test. Typing test needs to be 25 words/minute
    If you pass this test you then move on to a face to face interviews.
    Interview with Recruiter
    Interview with Manager
    Role Playing Activity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very long, expect to be there for the whole day. Had I known, I would’ve brought a snack. It consists of an online assessment, a phone interview, computer skills test, interview with the hiring manager, role play test, then interviews with the managers. They like to misguide you and make you feel that you’ve been offered the position. I have never worked in a call center before and didn’t know what to expect for the role playing exercises. It does tell you what to do on the manual so make sure you pay close attention. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t do well on the exercise because I was just too overwhelmed with the whole hiring process. According to them, I was applying for a position that most people would get promoted to and the hiring manager offered other lower positions like sales and customer service. Remember what you’re worth! I didn’t like the atmosphere and wouldn’t see myself enjoying a position here. What they don’t tell you is that this is calls representative job and they reworded the position so it makes it look more appealing. If you like high volume call center then this is for you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a coworker or manager. How did you resolve it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I started with the computer testing. This involved listening to phone calls and reading emails. The tabs will indicate whether it is service, claims, or sales. Based on the type of issue, you will enter the information. After the testing, you have your 1st interview. This interview is where they expect you to answer questions step by step on how you handled the situation. The interviewer wants you to act they were there with you. This process is about an hour. After this you go to the call simulation. Make sure you pay attention to the instructions from the interviewer. Remember to read the instructions on how to handle the calls. The main thing is to remain calm and remember what you have read. They want to make sure you are able to make the final decision and stick to it. After this they will determine to send you upstairs for shadowing and the final interview. For the shadowing, you need to pay attention to what the representative is doing, the system, and how they handle calls. This will be relevant in the final interview with the manager. In the final interview, the manager will ask questions about you and your work experience. The manager will determine at the end of the interview if they are going to offer the job or not. Some will say once you get to the shadowing you got the job. Howrver, you cannot rely on this information. Make sure you do well in the final interview. Be prepared to stay there 4-6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the result?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in September 2017.

Interview

The process was interesting. A recruiter reached out to me giving me a phone interview on the spot. I spoke with her twice (3 weeks apart), when she asked if I would be willing to move to the area (which is an hour away from me) I said yes (apparently I qualified for a higher position based on having a degree -- would be making a salary vs hourly wage). She asked had I applied for other jobs in that region, to which I told her not that area, but other states, she said "oh thats great". Eventually I was given a call followed by an email to set up my face to face interview. After passing two rounds of testing on the interview day, I sat down with a recruiter other than the one I had been in contact with. She said she did not feel that I was ready to move (no clue what qualified her to make that assessment, as I had already located an apartment) and she called her higher ups who wanted to know why I (an unemployed person) was applying for other jobs if I really wanted to work for Geico. The entire experience was a JOKE.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate or are you looking to drive an hour daily to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Westbury, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Got an email on 5/30/17 about the position and had my phone interview on 6/1/17. The phone interview was pretty easy just went over the position and asked questions about being late to previous jobs. I went on the face to face interview on 6/5/17 and took a computer test and was told that I passed right away I then went upstairs and shadowed a current worker however the system was down when I went and I wasn't able to learn much after that I was taken to a room for a face to face Interview and then I was told they would reach back out. Pretty sure I didn't get it because I didn't do the role play or anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

As majority of the people posted on glassdoor about the interview process it was 100% accurate with the exception of order of things done first. Mine went as follows:
    I arrived at 9:30 am for a 9:45 am time. I checked in with their security officer and signed in with two ladies who would be administering the test we are to take. I sat back down and was called back to take the test at 10:20 am.

The test was in a small room with about 10 computers sectioned off. It consisted of two parts and plenty of practice questions first. You will be tested on two types of things: Listening to phone calls and responding to emails while you enter in the correct information in a timed session. You will have three tabs and within those three tabs you have three more sections. You must read the email or listen to the phone call and choose which column it is to go under. Those columns are Service, Claims and one other (I cannot recall at the moment). If you just read each section or listen carefully you will do fine. They care about accuracy and not how much you can get done. So focus on what you hear or read and get the information inputted as fast as you can. The second part to the test was a typing test. Just type accurately and you will do fine. Again they do not care if you can finish the paragraph (because you won't - it has a lot of information in it) just get as much done as accurate as possible. There are a total of two sections with those two tests in them. I was done by 11:01 am. It did not take long but I did see some people struggling to get it done. Some people passed and I saw some that did not. They do not shame you in any way. If you did not pass they will call you to their office and simply state what happened and that you can try again in 6 months. I passed and was off to the next part of the interview.

I didn't have to wait long (about 5 minutes) until I was called to follow a guy upstairs to do a shadowing portion. I shadowed the girl (who had only been there 6 months so she wasn't the best to shadow). She was nice and tried her best and after 30 minutes of taking notes and asking questions the guy came back and took me to a cubicle for another interview portion.

The interview was basic scenario questions. This portion lasted about 45 minutes as the interviewer had to write all my responses down and there were about 10 pages front and back to his packet. The questions were not difficult but it was a lot of the same types of questions over and over.

The interviewer then left to go read what I had written and then finally came back after about 10 minutes and took me back downstairs. I sat for another 30 minutes until someone came and got me. The lady was super nice and I was told she really liked what was said about me but they felt I would be better fit in the customer service claims position and not the liability claims position. They felt this was due to the fact that I had never been in claims and would like to extend and another round of interviewing - which would include the role-playing portion and a final interview if I passed the role-play. The hours would also change from M-F 8-4:30 to Monday - Friday *one week day off* with working one Sat or Sun of my choice - The hours would be starting between 1pm-4pm with the respective 8 hour shift. She could not tell me the time yet as the class had not been decided for everyone. I took a day to think about it and declined the opportunity to come back in for the second half (Which by the way would have been another 4 hours she said).

So overall the interview was long so please be prepared for that. It is not a lie when people say that. The interviews I had were super nice and the test was easy. I felt that reading everyone's information prepared me a lot for this and I will definitely check back in 6 months to see what positions are available just in case a good shift or position opens up that I would be qualified for.

Interview Questions

• Why GEICO?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in claims?   Answer Question
    • How does your current experience apply to the current position you are interested in?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked on a team.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had a goal to achieve and how you accomplished this goal.   Answer Question
    • What types of duties did you do in your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Received a phone call right away after applying from the recruiter. Scheduled an interview for the next week. This is a five step interview process. 1. Typing/multi tasking test. If you pass that you move onto 2. Face to face interview with 2 managers 3. Role play: the role play has nothing to do with the actual job. The role play actually has nothing to do with anything in the field of auto insurance or claims 4: observation of position 5: final interview with another manager. This interview process was 8 hours long. The recruiter and manager of the final interview came out and said they would call me in two days. I spent the whole day there along with taking a 3 hour break because that's when I could do the observation and final face to face interview. They keep your hopes that you are going to get the position. In two days they EMAILED me saying I didn't get the commission. I have five years works in customer service, claims, and as a manager. Do not waste your time.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of the role play?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

Online assessment then phone interview. Then asked to come in for multi-tasking/computer simulation. Passed that. Shadowed a team member for an hour, then met for face to face interview. Then met with HR who said I didn't get the job, but they would like to offer me an entry level call center job. I really feel like they did a huge bait & switch. I asked the guy I shadowed how long he had been doing this job, he said 9 months. But, he had certificates from 2015 from Geico. Maybe everyone new to the industry starts in the call center? Really bummed because its 10K less than the job I applied for and an afternoon/evening schedule 4 weekdays and 1 weekend (1-9:30pm/2-10:30pm, etc.) Disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Give example of a time you received constructive criticism from your boss & how did you take it?   Answer Question