GEICO Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Renton, WA) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was in line with what other reviewers have mentioned. The computer test was a lot easier than expected and while it required full concentration, it was fairly easy. What I did not like during my interview at the Renton location was the way the hiring girl conducted the interview. To begin with, she was sick and made it a point to constantly bring it up and mention going home as soon as our interview wrapped up. She didn't ask me any behavioral questions or anything about customer service, just that I had the required experience. The whole interview was a recap of what the recruiter and I talked about over the phone prior to scheduling the computer test. The questions consisted of where I worked, for how long, and why I left. She also asked where else I was applying and that was the final question so I'm assuming the answer I gave is what made her decide to end things. I pretty much knew I wouldn't be moving on after she told me that someone else on the hiring team would look over my resume before moving forward. I was told the wait in the lobby for an answer and once she returned things got a little awkward for me. We both already understood that I would not be getting another interview but she went out of her way to be overly excited about how the recruiter will be reaching out within a few days and if two weeks went by then something is "definitely wrong" and I should call. It was weird, unnecessary, and a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2019.

Interview

Simple phone interview and then a 30-40 minute computer "test". Pretty simple stuff as long as you can multi task and learn computer software quickly. Next interview is quite lengthy and all situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a customer who was angry and explain how you dealt with them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Started out with a online test, which I passed, next was a phone interview. After that I was invited for a typing test as well as online simulation. I passed that and was invited for an in-person interview and role play, the role play seems to be where they make their big decisions. I passed the in person interview, the role play I did not, they counter-offered me to interview for a position below this position with less pay and a variable schedule. I currently don't have a job so I am interviewing for it tommorow where I will do a shadow and a final interview. The whole process is very mentally exhausting, be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to tell a customer no due to policy and what did you do to remedy it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX).

Interview

First, you take a timed test. This checks your attention to detail and how fast you can type. Depending on how well you do on the test, you will be asked to interview with a recruiter. During this interview, they ask you scenario questions related to the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about selling a new product? How do you respond if the customer tells you no right away?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Seattle, WA) in April 2019.

Interview

It was definitely the longest and the most different type of interview i ever had in my life. But at the same time, interview questions and hiring process were predictable because it was exactly the same with reviews here on the glassdoor. I applied GEICO online. Whole process took me 2 days for me. They give you offer right away if you got the job.
    Overall, it was intense and time consuming but it was doable. Even though you don't pass, I think it could be a good experience. It's not that scary as it looks on the glassdoor. Be yourself, good luck.

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA).

Interview

Consisted of passing various steps (comp test, interview, role play, etc.) I was very nervous about the role play after reading numerous reviews on this but while going through the process it got easier as it went along. My best piece of advice to passing the role play is carefully read through the instructions (many pages and details) and take your time going though the calls. This step is not timed. Do your best to stay engaged with the caller. I honestly thought I failed after the first 2 calls but did a lot better on the last 2 calls and I passed. Use the 25 minutes they give you and THOROUGHLY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. I cannot stress this enough. Take a lot of these reviews with a massive grain of salt as most people who fail will vent their frustration here. I honestly thought the whole process was a good evaluation of how you will do on the job. Plus most college grads never worked a day in their life while getting their diploma/degree so when they get rejected for a job they may feel entitled to they get irritated and say the process is not fair. Actually read a review from someone who said he had a masters degree and shouldn't have to do a "stupid role play". That dude is going to have a rough time in the real world. Just be outgoing and professional and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• Lots of basic situational questions. Speak from experience and be clear and specific. They will probably ask you why you would be a good fit for the job. SELL YOURSELF! This is your opportunity to highlight what you would bring to the table. Speak confidently not arrogantly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online after hearing a radio advertisement. I immediately received a call saying that I qualified for a higher entry level position and that they would like to schedule me with a phone interview. I scheduled my phone interview online from there I spoke to a recruiter. This hiring process is quite lengthy and can be time consuming so be sure to schedule interviews/assessments on days that you have a few extra hours carved out.

Recruiter will ask simple questions. Mostly about previous employment. Why your interested in leaving and what’s important to you in a company. They say congratulations we would like to schedule for you to meet with our HR team for an initial interview

1st interview you come in and will be with a small group of other interviewees. You will head to a testing room where you will take a 2 part stimulation assessment. Part 1 will be a flipping between multiple screens and recording information from calls/emails accurately and as fast as possible. Part 2 will be a written passage test where you must retype as fast and as accurately as possible. After that the instructor will let everyone know who passed you will move on to an interview with HR. If you didn’t not pass you can not reapply to the company for 6 months

He will ask a lot of observational questions. Very basic easy questions. At the end of the HR interview you will either be asked to take a role playing assessment. If so this is great! They are still interested. If they tell you they will be in contact unfortunately you did not receive the position.

Role play assessment will have your anxiety through the roof you will receive several phone calls in regards to your fictional company where you must remain call and be informative. Hardest part of the interview to me! I surely thought I was going to fail. The whole first interview processed lasted about 3hours.

2nd Interview is like a day in the life. You will meet with a trainer from the department for 30 minutes we’re your expected to take notes and see if the job is something you may still be interested in. From there you will sit down with an manager who will ask you further situation questions in relation to the actual job. Do the best you can they do not expect you to know Geico policy but just have basic knowledge on what to do.

I was told they would call me within the week and let me know if an offer would be extended or not. On my way driving home from the interview the manager called me and extended an offer over the phone and via email.

The corporate culture: everyone seemed throughly happy, beautiful building, and overall environment.

Personally think the interview process is very long but I’m sure it’s needed because they company is going to invest a lot in your development the first 3 months. They want to ensure you will be able to perform and will stay on the actual job.

Advice: don’t stress over the test! Try to do your very best in a timely matter. I’m a very slow typer and focused mainly on accuracy and I advanced. Hope this helps Good Luck =)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade an customer to do something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a irate customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were unable to satisfy a guest   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer called in to check on an insurance claim they had regarding there vehicle that was in an accident . However you realize that the customers insurance had lapsed and you will be unable to assist them with the claim because they had no coverage. What would you do   Answer Question
    • What interest you about insurance/ Geico?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you possess that will make you a strong candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at GEICO in February 2019.

Interview

This was a 15 minute prescreen, not an interview. It started off okay and then went haywire. It was kinda of like some wanna be dinosaur FBI agent from the 1920s asking questions, nothing much related to my skills, experience, or interest. Applicants, be ready to tell them what you did every single day of your life.

FYI Geico folks... background check and drug testing will normally handle some very important aspects & questions. The company should want to get to know the individual and what they can bring to the table and assess their interest and capabilities and this did not happen.

Interviewers, don't put applicants through the ringer. Be intentionally appropriate & functional in your prescreens. Please reassess your 15 minute prescreen and don't give a perfunctory review of it, just consult with SHRM or just let one of your current HR employees who has already complained about this prescreen provide some phenomenal information. And from what I read in other reviews about the interview process pass this point, you really do need additional help. If you don't want to offer a job to someone, then don't. But there is no reason the interview process should be so off-balanced and off course.

Interview Questions

• What did you do yesterday, last week, last month, last year....   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a simple process: phone interview, followed by a computerized test and then a brief interview with the manager. Questions varied from typical questions such as "what are you strengths to where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Received an offer by the end of the day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

It is as everyone here said: expect to spend hours there but you likely will not be hired. They apparently base their decision solely on the role play and despite what some prior reviews say not all the info will be in the role play packet. Myself and two other people I know who interviewed there got a final question in the role play for specific information that was not in the paperwork they give you. I don't know what they want but it is beyond frustrating. I wasted 4 hours of my time for them to reject me as a candidate due to that.

Online assessment: passed
    Phone interview went fine
    Computer assessment in office was passed
    Interview with recruiter went well
    Role playing went ok until the last part

If the role play is their sole criteria for hiring as it appears to be then they really should do it before the interview with the recruiter. 4 hours is a large amount of my time to waste to not hire me. Most companies decide that after an hour long phone interview. I have years of experience. So do the other people I know who were rejected. I understand having high criteria for hiring but most companies manage to weed out candidates in a far more expedient manner.

The recruiter was friendly and engaging but after 4 hours there she should have been honest that I was not moving forward instead of claiming a manager was not available for an interview and would follow up. I already knew from reviews here that was not truthful. I got a generic rejection email the next business day. I would like to have known what they felt I did wrong on the role play

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an angry customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to tell a customer no due to policy   Answer Question