GEICO Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Important: In the Geico application where it ask how you heard about the job opportunity, select Geico career section!

If you are qualified, you will receive an email inviting you to a phone interview. You will have to select a date and time to do your interview over the phone. Once you've done this, an HR rep will call you on the date you selected and ask you some very basic questions.

Phone interview questions:

First, she will go over the job description and salary as well as training and hours. She will then ask if the position meets your salary requirements, as well as, will you be able to be on time to work.

How did you hear about this job opportunity?

How many times have you been late or absent to work within the past x days?
Zero is the correct answer!

Have you applied to any other jobs aside from Geico? Why or Why not?

Why are you interested in working with Geico?

Why insurance?

Where do you see yourself 3 years from now working at Geico?

Are you in school? Why or why not?

If you have any gaps in your job history, you will be asked to explain that so be prepared.

You passed the interview IF she puts you on a brief hold.

You failed the interview IF she tells you that you will receive an email letting you know if they decided to proceed with you in the hiring process.

Once you passed your phone interview, you will be asked to select a date and time to come in for testing.

The test will be on the computer. You will be placed in a computer room with 4 or 5 other applicants. The HR will read instructions to you before you begin a practice test and go on to the real test. You will have headphones and have to listen very carefully for customer information such as 'how many years they have been with the insurance' 'what is their area code' 'what is their name' and make sure you choose the correct tabs, for instance, if the call pertains to sales then choose the sales tab.

The second part of the computer test will be a typing test in which you have to copy a paragraph as accurately as possible in 60 seconds.

If you fail the computer test, you will be told that you failed and can re-apply again in 6 months.

If you pass the computer test, you will move on to the next process which is an interview that consists of behavioral questions. This part will take 45 minutes.

If you do well on the behavioral interview, you will move on to the job simulation.

In the job simulation, you will be left alone in a room to yourself. You will be at a desk with several documents in front of you, a phone, and 10 pages of information concerning a fictitious real estate company. You have 25 minutes to read it and once your 25 minutes is up, you will receive a call from an employee that works there pretending to be a customer. The calls will keep coming and during pause time, an employee will walk into the room and hand you something (this will happen twice).

If you pass the job simulation, you will be asked to sit outside the room and wait for the next step in the hiring process.

If you fail the job simulation, you will be told that a hiring manager will contact you within the next few days or something along those lines.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• At your last/current job did your supervisor ever give you any constructive criticism? How did you react to that criticism?   Answer Question
  • How quickly can you make decisions?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you had to make an unpopular decision at work   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • Explain a situation where you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with with applying online
    15 min phone interview
    45 min phone interview ( behavioral base question)
    Passed the phone interview came in for role playing interview which was challenging but they are looking to see if you can multitask and remain professional. Also be able to negotiate. If you pass they will have you sit with a liability claims rep and pay attention because your final interview with the hiring manager and they will ask what you learned. That final interview was about 20 min long. Step out after the interview and came back a few min later and told me I got the job. Overall it was a challenging experience but well worth it

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell a customer you would not be able to help them due to policy. How did they react   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate I was perfectly fine with the starting pay!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process took a while. First I had a phone interview, I was then asked to come into the office for an in person interview. When I got there I was told that the second interview was always over the phone and there was no reason for me to have come into the office. I apologized but I know for sure the lady had told me in person because she specifically asked if I knew where the office was located. Following that interview I set up a day to come in and do testing. The testing was mock phone calls. I was given 25 minutes to study a packet about a fake company for a job that is similar to what I was applying for. I had read reviews on here and had done extensive research on what it was going to be like. So going in, I was feeling pretty confident. However, the mock phone calls were ridiculous. You are basically expected to to learn in 25 minutes what they will train you for three months if hired. Anyway I failed the mock phone calls, which I expected about 10 minutes into them. The lady interviewing me came back in and took all the paperwork and said she would grade it and be back in a minute. She came back and informed me I had failed the test and instructed me to reapply in 6 months if I was still looking for a job. I was pretty bummed because I was really excited about the job and the pay and benefits were great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First you do a phone interview, then you schedule to meet at their corporate office to interview in person with a manager and then a "higher" manager. I went in at 7:30 AM and left by 12 PM. If you're making me waste this much time on an interview, tell me the same day if we are hired or not!

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult goal you had to reach? How did you reach it?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and was sent an email the same day asking for a phone interview. I had my phone interview and was asked only why I left my prior jobs, what notice did I give, how many times had I been late or tardy (0 is always the correct answer),if I had a bachelors and if the hours and pay were okay. I want put on hold like another person here said I would have been had I passed. They said they'd let me know in a week. Interview was 5 minutes and 20 seconds. Guess I failed it somewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Very tedious and long.... Test wasn't that bad but the interview process with HR was horrible. The HR representative had a bad nonchalant attitude and was pretty rude. She actually smirked and laughed at me in a unprofessional manner at the end of the review. She advised me that she was going to submit my file for manager review but I'm almost for sure I didn't get it while I seen others I was testing with going to the next process.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

online application, work behavior questions, excel and word, phone interview and onsite interview. The whole process lasts for about 1 month. I don't think the excel and word is easy task.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a project you did relevant to this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

Went through phone interview. That was simple. Suggest being enthusiastic. Got invited for in-person interview. It was scheduled a few weeks out. Haven't gone for the in-person interview yet, as that will be soon. For the phone interview, it is important that you speak clearly and show how just in the phone interview, you are customer service oriented and that you listen.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions off the resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY).

Interview

Do the online application, then schedule an in person assessment test. If you pass, they schedule an in person interview, after which is another assessment, and another interview, and an observation of the job. Long process but I am sure it weeds people out.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard, using work experience and situations you applied skills they are looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Its really a joke, I've interviewed twice and didn't get hired. They'll basically test you and you can pass, but if the interviewer isn't really feeling you you will not be hired.