GEICO Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Liability Claims Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

The screening and interviewing process was very detailed and structured, taking an entire day. It was an enjoyable experience. The process began with a computer/multitasking/typing test followed by an initial interview if the aforementioned tests were passed. If you make it beyond the initial interview, you will be asked to complete a roleplay/job simulation session. This takes about 45 minutes to an hour. If you do well with the simulation, you will then complete another interview where personality/job suitability questions will be asked. If you do well on this part, you will advance to sit in with an associate that does the job that you are applying for. You will sit in for about an hour. I really appreciated this session because seeing the job in action and being able to answer questions helped me to decide if this was the position for me. After this, you will meet with a member of supervision or management where you will interview once again on job specific personality qualities and attributes. After this interview, the supervisor or manager will meet with a member of upper management and if they approve of you then a job offer may be extended. Now, the above process can take place over a period of several days or weeks, mine just happened to take place in one day. I think this may be attributed to the fact that my process began so early in the day. Overall, it was a very positive experience. I was nervous, but everyone was really friendly and professional. This really put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on handling disgruntled customers with professional tact?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was happy to have a job offer in this economy.

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Addison, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

One on one interview and then the second interview was a mock test. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Difficult was the time constraint they allow you to prepare for the mock interview. They didn't even warn you it's a mock interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online for the College Supervisor Leadership Claims Program, I was called the same day. You have a have an overall GPA of 3.25, which I didn't have because I took summer classes at a community college while enrolled at my university. The recruiter called me back the next day to tell me that a spot opened up to become a liability claims representative, so we scheduled a phone interview on Monday. The phone interview just covered my resume and background. We then scheduled for me to come in and do the phone simulation test. You are in a room with a phone and they call and ask you questions and you're suppose to follow the guidelines provided. Because there was only one spot available, they wanted all of the candidates to complete the testing before they moved forward. Unfortunately, there was some who scored higher than me, so they moved forward with them. Seems like a great company to work for, and I will be applying again in the future.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO in February 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university job bank and received a call a few days later. The initial phone interview was composed of basic "do you know what this job is about" and salary expectations.

I interviewed in person a few weeks later. The interview location was a drab building in the middle of nowhere. I passed the computer test and first in-person but did not move past the simulation test. After telling me I was not moving forward, the interviewer was very nice and encouraged me to apply again in a year since I only made a small mistake in the simulation.

The whole experience was my main impetus for enrolling in a Master's program in one of the STEM fields. I couldn't believe I was being encouraged to wait a YEAR to reapply for a job that only paid about $32K + benefits. From the moment I walked out of the building I knew had to increase my skill set.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied online and filled out personality quiz. Received a call from GEICO and conducted a phone interview 2 days later. Offered for me to come down to the center and conduct the computer testing. I had to work the next day, so scheduled for 4 days later. Then did a multi-tasking test, which really is not very difficult, just use your practice time well. After the computer testing, they pulled each of us to different face to face interviews. Passed said interview and moved on to the Role-Playing, where you pretend to be a company and try to multitask and sell services as well as explain situations to "customers". Passed roleplay and the hiring manager was booked for the rest of the day, so scheduled a y-jacking session and interview the following morning. After y-jacking and sitting with rep for hour and a half, hiring manager came to get me and interviewed me for about an hour. After the interview, manager stated that he does not usually offer the job right away, but reviews folder and will call. However, he offered me a job on the spot. I accepted and went to HR to approve the paperwork to start the background check and physical. Pretty standard and lengthy process, but for the money--well worth it.

Interview Questions

• Many questions involving why you want to work with GEICO.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard salaries across the board.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview in which the interviewer asked general questions about my interest and qualifications. At the end of the call she invited me to an onsite interview.

The onsite interview started with a skills test and then a one on one interview with a Supervisor. These were specific questions that the interviewer read off of a form. These were scenario questions based on past experiences and situations. After the questions were over the interviewer got his manager to come meet me and then offered me a 2nd interview.

The next interview was with the manager of the department. She was very nice and asked questions based on previous experience and scenarios as well. Some of the questions were pretty repetitive. After this interview I was offered the job pending the drug test and credit check.

Once I passed the drug and credit portions I was officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your past experience in which you have successfully negotiated with a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called several times and finally caught up with her. Asked general questions about your application and your past specific jobs and your role, etc. SHe went over the job requirements, hours, pay,training as if to offer the job. She said they would be in contact by mail or phone call to advise if one would go to the next step. Unfortunately my honesty probably ruined my chances, I was told after by an acquiaintance who had worked there in the past, they are really strict on attendance and punctuality. I was honest and told them yes I had missed days at past job due to bad case of pneumonia , not sure if this was real reason but that was my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Very long and difficult interview process. They throw you right into simulations and observations. Thought I did very well with everything, but didn't get a job offer. Only took them a couple of hours after my final interview to send me a generic email saying no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview very much as previously described: phone interview, typing & computer skills, 1 on 1 interview and
    claims simulation. In the simulation, you are given a packet to review for 25 minutes. It doesn't test the content, but your ability to multi-task and follow instructions when receiving information by phone. The booklet gives you instructions of what to do in "their" scenarios. You have about 10 files on the desk and additional forms to be completed depending upon the type of call. I passed this and then was interviewed by a manager, before she turned the file over to HR. I believe, because of my age 62, I wasn't chosen, because I passed all other tests.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in a previous situation where you went above and beyond, for the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Geico is a load of crap. They have a high turnover not b/c the don't hire qualified people but b/c the treat them like crap when they get there. I went in for testing and did not pass I have a college degree and working on a masters why do I need to test for the job. People suffer from test anxiety I can't teach my self the insurance business in 500 secs (that's how long the give you to learn a system). Make sure you learn how the system works.