GEICO MDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO MDP Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.2

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Interview process was boring. The company decides everything based on wether you pass computer personality tests or not. The tests are all really easy. It's just wether or not the computer decides you're a good fit for the company or not. Little bits of a flawed system.

Interview Questions

Don't want to work in insurance

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Phone screen and then in person interview with testing and personality assessment, Panel interview with RVP, AVP, and other management. Standard style interview. 3 interviews for overall process.panel interview includes a presentation on what leadership means to you and must be 15 minutes or shorter.

Interview Questions

• None all were pretty standard. Prepare your experiences so that you can answer their questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non- negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First phone interview they tell you about the program to see if you're interested and then ask about general information on your resume. Everyone passes this and they usually tell you right away to come in for the in person interview in Woodbury New York. Then at the actual interview they give you a series of tests on the computer about multitasking, behavior and scenarios and then basic algera test.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Thorough process and very difficult, walk in prepared with energy and lots of confidence.
    Step 1: apply online
    Step 2: receive a call from Human Resources.
    Step 3: phone interview (study their history on their website!!)
    Step 4: follow their instructions which probably includes submitting an official transcript to the human resources representative.
    Step 5: trip to GEICO for an interview with a GEICO human resources representative.
    Step 6: trip to GEICO including an interactive test of skills. Read the instructions, play around with the program if they offer the time. Work as fast as you can even if you get things wrong.
    Step 6-a: same trip to GEICO, if you pass the interactive test, you take a personality test.
    Step 6-b: same trip to GEICO, if you pass the personality test, you have a panel interview with a current manager for the position plus another manager and either a human resources representative or another personnel.
    Step 6-c: same trip to GEICO, if the panel interview goes well, you have a manager with the same three people plus the district manager who then either offers you the position or you leave offer-less.
    Step 7: background check, if you pass they call you with a start date.
    Step 8: drug test, hair.

Takes up to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What leadership experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you?   1 Answer
    • Why would you be a good fit for GEICO?   1 Answer
    • If you worked with 4 other people and you were all assigned a project to work on together and each determined who did what for the project, and one person didn't do their work by the assigned date, what would you do to make sure that didn't happen.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process is easy and accommodating. Very convenient and well thought out questions are asked. There are phases of testing and one on one interviews. I think the testing was very beneficial overall.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you have not seen eye to eye with someone and what you did to resolve this. Also explain the response to your strategy.   Answer Question

MDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. Redundant and unrealistic questions for recent grads. Be prepared to go on a moment's notice and then stand around waiting for hours; making what was described as a few hour interview into almost an entire work day.

MDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

First, Phone interview with recruiter
    Second, Caliper Assessment and personality test.
    Third, In person interview
    Last, Role play followed by
    Offer. Interview process is nerve racking but they make you feel easy. Be prepared for he questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening, then went in-person for a computer assessment which included a typing test and customer calling simulation. After that I was interviewed by the general HR intake woman, she asked me questions very, very specific to managing others, after that she said she would take her notes and give it to the next level to determine if they would call me back (this process took 3 days).

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Applied online and completed phone interview. Going in for assessment and testing on Tuesday.
    Phone interview was standard, and just going over your resume and transcript and then a few additional screening questions to ensure no difficulties in accomplishing duties and attendance, or conflicts of interest. It is suggested that you are able to answer questions about the company and be able to talk clearly and succinctly and have the ability to answer phones and have some kind of customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in taking classes or going back for a Graduate degree ?

Are you able and willing to work weekends and a strict attendance schedule??   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Mesa, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called for an initial phone screen, that I thought went well and was told the next steps would be decided in a week. After a week of waiting the same recruiter called me wanting tondo the same exact interview. This time she told me the opposite of what she told me last time. They didn't need my current transcript from my MBA program but a transcript from my undergrad from 2010.... Unbelievable. I held back from saying rude things to her until the end, but they either hire very unintelligent recruiters, or there was something else going on in that process. All recruiters make notes, and sense it was my number she called those notes were in my file. I will never apply to Geico again in life. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave your first job? Would you ever go back?   Answer Question