GEICO Interview Questions in Macon, GA | Glassdoor

3.1

114 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was moderate. I received my phone call in May, and was told to apply for the job in September when the application opened. I did had the first interview in August/September, then a caliber test, then a second interview. I then drove to one of the regional offices to complete my typing tests and a role play. I was then invited to go to the regional office where I had applied to do my final round interviews. I toured the facility, had an interview (before the final panel interview), job shadowed, and then sat for my panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the Management Development Program.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

Depending on who is interviewing you, it can be very relaxed or intense. Almost every question had to do with past experiences or how you would handle yourself in a certain situation.

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

It took about 6-7 hours. i started with a typing test and a multi task test, then the face to face interview, then role playing, the then shadowing agent and final interview with hiring manager. It was a veey long process but I made it through.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had originally applied to a different program at GEICO. The recruiter for that other program told me that my leadership experience was not what they were looking for; they look for people who are very involved in extracurricular activities in college. She told me that the Management Development Program would be a better fit. I filled out the application and had a response the next day. The man on the phone spoke low, mumbled, and forgot words.
    "I would like to schedule you for a... ... um... uhh... um... an interview," he said.

I dismissed it, attributing it to being a Friday afternoon. I went in for my interview the following Monday. I was told to dress business casual. I had on khakis and a tucked-in button-up-shirt (the standard, generic thing every man wears in a business casual setting). I felt over-dressed compared to many of the employees. They took business CASUAL to a new level. I took a multi-tasking and a typing test. I passed. Then the same HR man that I had spoken to on the phone called me in to take a leadership test and interview me after. The "leadership personality test" was about an hour. Afterwards the man called me into his office for the so-called interview. He speedily mumbled (just as on the phone) to read off some generic questions from his computer screen. He was barely comprehensible. Flustered, I answered as best I could the parts of the questions I thought I heard as the man ferociously clacked, typing away on his keyboard without making any eye contact. This was the first interview that I've had in this manner. All other HR people I've talked to have their points they need to hit when asking questions, but they have a clear, coherent conversation with you so they can effectively get an understanding of the candidates qualifications. The interview was very sloppy and rushed. At the end, he told me that I was not what they were looking for and offered me 2 jobs: one driving out and inspecting claims, and another answering telephones.

I was very surprised. With GEICO being a large, well-known company I expected something different. If I had to summarize the interview process in one word, it would be "sloppy," from the actual building itself, to employees chatting away to each other about their personal lives, to the HR "professional" who called me and conducted my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership position that you have occupied and your duties.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to schedule a phone interview the next day. Just asked simple background information and then scheduled a interview at the office. Not too tough just some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were tasked with something without being given many instructions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Go in for real interview. Typing test first. Real interview. Role play. Interview with a manager or supervisor in my case. Get the job. Training is intense. If you don't already have your P&C license, they'll pay for you to get it. Takes about a week. Make sure you study and pay attention closely. Once that's passed, you got in for GEICO training. Takes about 3 months. Just pay attention and do your best. Do not be afraid to ask questions. Training is the time to mess up. Once that's done, you'll go out to transition before the floor. Basically the floor but with support to help with questions you might have and coaches to help you perform better. Everything is number based and calls into a category. Calls per day, quality, surveys, and referrals. This changes sometimes so it may not be the same anymore by the time you get there. If you have great numbers, you'll get a promotion by the end of transition. Then you go to the floor.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay to work 4pm to 12am?   1 Answer

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Was very smooth it took a while I was been interview to work in another state, but all was related to personal questions and actual job, after that she made me an offer asking me if is ok for me to start certain day and the salary she told me to wait til next week that I will be receiving answers in case of been hired I have to relocate asap. She was interviewing me from Macon, GA and I was in FL, I understand it was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how is your actual job and why you want to leave?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview and if successfully completed you set up a face to face interview. During the face to face interview you were given two assessment tests. The first seems to test basic computer skills and if you pass you move on to the interview portion, if you're impressive during the interview you take the second assessment which gives you a better idea of what you will be doing if chosen for the job. The second assessment was much more difficult, and it's as if they want you to already know how to perform the job without training.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position with our company?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

Applied online which led to a phone interview which led to an office interview. In-person interview process lasted six hours total. Then waited four weeks until I received a job offer with no prior communication.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in a high pressure call center environment?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a customer service position. I then filled out a questionnaire and got an e-mail the next morning saying there were better qualified candidates when I have two degrees and the minimum requirement was a high school diploma.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't like the work you preformed?   1 Answer