GEICO Modeling Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Modeling Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a technical test first which was more about logistic. The test was not very hard. THen I received a 30-minutes phone interview. They asked questions related to my resume and some basic questions such as why Geico. However, they realized that I am not u.s. citizen and canceled my onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico? Why insurance? More questions related to modeling skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, after two weeks the HR contacted me to update resume, transcript and coverletter. After that, I got an online assessment, and after that a technical phone interview

Interview Questions

• 1. What's your greatest strengthens?   Answer Question
    • 3. Tell me about when you have small data set, how do you handle them to make sure you can draw enough info from it.   Answer Question
    • How do you improve yourself when you work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a technical phone screen, which was fairly casual. The hiring manager asked about my experience building models with different tools. If you have the experience, you needn't worry about trivial questions.

The next stage was on-site, during which I talked to five different people. It was a mixture of simple behavioral questions, technical questions, and case-type questions specific to underwriting.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you consider when determining the risk level of a customer?   Answer Question

Modeling Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied online via their website. First asked to send a transcript. Then they send you a link for an timed online assessment consisting of a logic portion and a math portion. The math portion was simple but the logic portion is tricker. I thought they were both ok but I guess not since I didnt move on to the next step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in August 2018.

Interview

Very impersonal interview process- They required separate submissions of resume, university transcript, a lengthy questionnaire and 1+ hour long analytical screening; all before reaching any sort of interaction with a recruiter or some other real human being.

Interview Questions

• They asked many general math/analytics questions in the form of an online candidate screening without any sort of feedback during or after.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied and had interviews for two positions: Modeling Analyst - Data Mining and Statistical Analysis, and Strategic Modeling and Statistical Analyst. Total time was about 3-4 weeks. After filling out the application they sent me a questionaire to fill out, then had me take an assessment. For the first position, it was similar to the Math part of the SAT, with logical and math questions. The other was in an Excel file with basic questions, no experience with Excel is needed. Then had a phone interview. Next step was an in-person interview. The Modeling Analyst position was slightly ahead of the other job and so I set up the in-person interview with them, then the other position added a couple of people for me to talk to throughout that day. The in-person interview had me talk with several people with different roles in the respective groups, and the Modeling Analyst position had another short assessment. The Strategic Modeling position had me meet with someone to discuss my answers to the assessment from before. A few days later I heard I was offered the Modeling Analyst position and not the other one, so my decision was pretty easy.

Overall nothing about the steps was terribly difficult, but some parts were tedious and didn't seem to even be considered, like the initial questionaire and the online assessments. Perhaps these are just used to weed out applicants who aren't serious.

After accepting, I needed to take a drug test and go through a background check. For my background they wanted W-2's from all previous employers which seemed excessive but only took a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Several people asked me what I knew about Geico. Describe a past project, time you worked on a team, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out a questionnaire, timed logic test, phone interview, on-site interview. The on-site interview was with 3 people from the department and lunch with two others in the department. There was a writing sample assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone of something when you didn't have enough information to do so.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long. First you have to send in your resume, cover letter, transcripts, and fill out a questionnaire. Then there is an online assessment (logic and math) and then a phone interview. I was flown in for an on-site interview. This lasted from 9AM to 2PM and consisted of 4 interviews with different people as well as a writing/excel assessment and a lunch. The one thing they fail to mention is that when you apply, you are not applying for a specific position. They are considering you for any position in the department, which is why there are so many interview. Overall, the experience was good. The people were nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in car insurance?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself going in the future (next 5 to 10 years)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

I applied the position online. Filled in the questionnaire and then finished an online test. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. He asked me some detailed questions about my school project, then asked me some general questions like "do you want to relocate to DC" and your future career goal type questions.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you are really familiar with the project that you have done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

Had me fill out all kinds of forms and take skills tests online before even getting a phone interview. Got the follow-up email a few days later to come in for a marathon 5-hour interview. Team was very nice, but I didn't recieve an offer.