GEICO Product Management Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Product Management Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied through my college recruiting website. Friendly HR rep set me up with a phone interview with someone in the actual department I would be working in. This person was very cold and it seemed like she thought I was wasting my time. Also, she forgot about the interview, had to have it rescheduled. Terrible experience overall

Interview Questions

• Certain questions on the skills test were difficult, but not most   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Dealt with a college recruiter at first, then transistioned to their HR department. Had a questionnaire, a phone interview, an analytical test, and over a month of waiting, they scheduled a flight to their corporate headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD.

The interview itself was quite rewarding - they were friendly employees and the office seemed like a good process to work. However, after it, I was declined due to a lack of experience in the field - something they could have told me at the start of the process. I don't know exactly how the company can spend all this time on someone who doesn't meet their criteria - but it means that you can't treat passing each successive stage as getting "more sure".

If you have the time, the company seemed great and the interviewers polite. But don't hold out for GEICO alone if you need a job now.

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to tell if a discount you enact previously was effective or not?   Answer Question

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

surprisingly intense interview process- phone screen, analytical test, phone interview and then on site. mostly behavioral, no curveballs. the analytical test is really not difficult but they will take it with considerable weight in the interview process. phone interviews are mostly to see if you're a good fit for the company, and are with current product managers.

Interview Questions

• adverse selection on analytical test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

"there's no negotiation allowed" but there is. this should have been the first sign of the lack of honest communication between senior management and entry level employees.

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by e-mail to fill out a survey form. The survey form basically asked about availability, past experiences, what skills you have, etc. I think it might have replaced a phone screening. About a week and a half after sending in the survey I had to do an Excel test for analytical skills. Some of the questions were very specific insurance questions that I had no way of knowing, I could have been informed that I would need insurance specific questions. Still got a phone interview with someone with the PMA position after completing the test. Still mostly behavioral type questions, asked a few different ones about leadership and working in teams type stuff, more so than analytical questions. About a week after the interview I was notified by e-mail I was no longer in the application process.

Interview Questions

• Had to know about some ratios used in insurance and how to use them to analyze situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

Applied through college recruiting and was asked to take a questionnaire regarding various background experiences and project based questions. A couple of days later I was asked to take an assessment given through Excel. You were given two hours to complete this, and there were some insurance related questions, in which I had no prior experience with. Almost immediately after completing the assessment I was invited to talk with a current PMA. It was mostly behavioral and wouldn't worry too much about this round. About 3 or 4 days later I was emailed for an invitation for a final round at their HQ. I would highly highly recommend that you literally research everything about GEICO because they will ask you about the most random history of the company. Like literally, if you actually want this you need to be able to spit out random and useless facts which in my opinion was really dumb. During the actual on site interview I had 4 interviews with a lunch in the cafeteria with current analysts. One of the interviews you have a manager that goes over the assessment with you in detail. LISTEN AND TAKE NOTES. Because in another interview they WILL ask you questions regarding insurance terms. Next you will have an interview with two VP's within Product Management. This is what really turned me off and when one person wanted the most minute details regarding GEICO which was really unnecessary. In addition she was really unprofessional and mean when I didn't have the level of detail she wanted to hear and immediately told me I didn't get the position. Thus I felt that much of my day was wasted and even if it had gone well, I would never in a million years have took it because of her unprofessional actions.

Interview Questions

• Just research the company. Additionally they expect you to know insurance terms which was not communicated forth to me.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. First round I filled out a few behavioral interview questions (I think this was a substitute for a phone screen interview), Next, I took an analytical test. I never received confirmation that they received it, and it took them 2+ weeks to inform me that I wouldn't move to the next round.

Product Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Submitted my resume, cover letter, and transcript through my college career website. They sent me an analytical test that was highly specific. After a week, they told me they wanted to schedule a phone interview. Asked basic interview questions and behavioral questions. After a couple of days they asked me to fly out to HQs.

On-site interview was terrible. The representative from HR forgot that I was arriving, and I had to wait for 30 minutes. 4/7 people I spoke to that day were unhygienic, greasy analysts who lacked social skills.

One person asked me where else I was applying. I said PwC, Accenture, and Goldman - she said she had never heard of those companies. These guys live in their own GEICO bubble, so heads up that you might get sucked into this culture.

Study the PMA test really well (memorize it) and understand all of the insurance terms even if you really want this job.

Interview Questions

• How would you know if the hybrid discount you previously enacted was successful or not? (They're looking for you to talk about metrics used in the PMA test)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I was scheduled for an initial phone screening/ interview at winter/ spring career fair. I then had another phone interview. Then I was invited onsite for a final interview. Day long interview schedule. The interview day had five interviews with a total of seven people. GEICO provided lunch at their substantial cafeteria. I heard back quickly.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had multiple projects to work on at once, and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview first (HR), then analytical test, then another phone interview (Product Manager), then 5 hour on-site interview which was not that bad until the panel interview...

location

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was not too bad. They start off with an online assessment which is written.
    Next, they move on to an online excel assessment, which is a bit tough but if you have the right excel/logic skills it is not too bad.

After this a recruiter will get in touch with you to do an onsite interview or will tell you that you are not being considered for the position anymore.

Interview Questions

• Any sort of star format questions which catches you off gaurd because you must tell about a time when you handled a situation and what the results were.   Answer Question