GEICO Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO in March 2009.

Interview

Long process, first day had to do tests on computer for skills test. Alsp typing test for proficiency. 1st interview was real main interview. Also had role play testing via phone sales. Final interview was few questions and then offering of position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Bethany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (East Bethany, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Called after day of completing online application. The exam was an audio and included a lot typing a skill I did not have.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

Initially, you are given two times every day (morning and afternoon) to come in and take a personality and multi-tasking test on the computer--at your convenience. The multi-tasking test consists of callers calling in and emailing you regarding health insurance while you have to enter their information into a database. You also have to type to see how many words per minute you can type without errors. Then, you take a 10 minute personality test. After that, HR representatives call you back for a quick interview and to tell you whether you passed the test. Following that, they set you up for a role play. I came back another day to do a sales role play and then got to sit with a representative and interview with a manager. The sales floor was loud and chaotic. There were over 150 sales reps--all talking at the same time. The cubicles were low and you share them with one other person. The manager gave me the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. He played mind games and at first told me he wasn't going to offer me a job, and then said he was going to offer me a career. He had a mega phone that he uses to shout to sales reps while they're on the phone. It was not a good experience and not a place I would like to work--especially for a base salary of $35,000. Also, you have to work nights and one weekend day your first 2 years and they are 10 hour shifts 4 times per week.

Interview Questions

• Based on what you know about this job, why do you think you would be good at it? Before you answer, I don't want you to give an answer that everyone else has given, I want it to be unique to you and I will give you a minute to think about it...go!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

I went in applied and took a test . I pass the test and I had a interview that day . I was then schedule another interview with some one in the sales department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview took about 6 hours in total for the 1:1. I was first asked a series of questions by a HR rep, then I was given a weird role play task. After that I spoke with another HR rep then was sent to shadow a sales rep during calls. After that I interviewed with the department manager. She explained the hours I would be working and where training is. I still didn't get the job...

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

applied online, was called that day, asked about why i wanted to be in sales. scheduled face to face in 4 days, told to expect 3-5 hours. This went well, took tests, did more interviews, was offered position the next day to start in a month! overall, it was what i expected after having researched the process online.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the salary was not negiable.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

I arrived at Geico at 9:00 and waited with a group of 6 individuals. At 9:15 we were lead into a room where we were tested on our call center skills. We sat at a computer and callers "called" or "emailed" their claims and we had to enter their information into the system. We also had to trancribe a paragraph. Once I passed that, I was given paperwork to fill out. After that I waited in the lobby again for about 10 minutes until I was called to meet with an HR person. The lady was very friendly and we just did a general interview. After that I was sent to the lobby again and waited for another 10 minutes. i was then called back into the officce and I was to pretend to be a sales rep and sale a carwash service to customer (the HR manager). You are given 15 min to read some information on a mock company and then sell the service. After each "call" ( three of them) we are asked how do you think you did? BE PERSUASIVE AND SELL THE PRODUCT!! That was actually my downfall, they said they would have candidates with better selling skills then me, but she said my customer service skills were very strong and would like for me to interview for that. So I'll see how that goes tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• While selling the fake carwashes she asked how do you think you did?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

Interview

Applied online- received call next day to come in for testing the following day. Went in for testing at 7:45, passed and went in for 1:1 interview, typical interview questions: why Geico? Why did I leave previous employers? Voiced concern for my management experience( I would be "back-tracking" if employed with Geico) After interview then roleplay for sales position- took mock calls as sales rep. for car wash service provider. Found that I really am not cut out for sales but interviewer set up plans for customer service position-said that I was strong in that area. Go for roleplay for customer service position later today. Will post results later...

Interview Questions

• Asked why I would be willing to work in a call center environment when I had 7 years of management experience.   1 Answer
    • Would I be willing to stay in call center indefinitly considering that there supposedly were not many oportunities for management advancement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

Good company interview process was lengthy. Spent a lot of time waiting to talk to the next person, also lots of tests and practice role play. Overall a good place to work and a good company atmosphere. They are looking for team players who have the ability to learn their process.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you overcame in your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

So far I have done the paper application and the computer skills multi-tasking training which has been relatively easy for me. I also had to take a personality test to see if I am fit for the job. I passed both along with 4 other people. I now am returning back next week for the 1:1 mock call center interview. I'll let you know how that goes.