GEICO Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

3.1

195 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

It was very drawn out and extremely detailed which I can understand. First I did a phone interview, assessment, in person interview, another assessment, observed an employee, and a final interview. I was there for roughly 5 hours and the last interview went not so good. The manager kept asking me why I was willing to take a pay cut and how over qualified I was for the job and how he could to be sure I was not going to be offered a better job somewhere else.

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. First round was to schedule a video interview. Cleared it. HR person asked me to fill out the evaluation sent and then I will be called for an onsite. I filled the evaluation. 3 weeks later still no call, so I tried to contact the HR and politely asked her if everything is ok. I get the notification next day that I have not been selected for the program.

MOAT Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, about 2 days later I was called for the phone interview. From there I was invited to complete to computer testing/typing test. Once I passed that they called me in for an HR interview which was about 45 mins. (Make sure you're work history is up to date) once i passed that interview, I was ask to complete the role play part of the interview which they put me in a room and gave me sales ad, and they would call me on the phone and I would have to sale the product, they give you 15 mins to learn it before they call. (Remember keep selling and don't give up) I finally passed that part. Then they put me on the call center floor to listen in on calls for a couple of hours. After that I had the last interview with the hiring manager , she was very nice and outgoing , the whole experience was postive, just make sure you set aside time for the whole process , because it takes about 6-8 hrs.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

They should pay you for the 5+ hour interview process. It was like a mystery, you go in and sit in a waiting room in HR. No one tells you anything. Typing test and simulated insurance job with emails and phone calls. Then you watch a long boring video about how good it is to work at Geico. I didn't need to be convinced, I applied for a job and I was in the interview process. Then you wait in the waiting room, no one tells you anything. Then a HR rep calls people to do an interview and then a role play, that means you passed the first part. Cant speak about the role play, I had to sign an agreement. Then (yep there's a lot more) you do another interview with the same HR person. THEN, if you passed that process you sit and monitor someone performing the job (I sat there for over an hour listening to phone calls) THEN!, another interview with the department manager. I was there for over 5 hours, was told I passed everything, got an email that said no thanks! It was completely uncomfortable and felt like I was treated like I didn't deserve respect as a person because I was just an applicant. Doesn't seem like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• The usual, the department manager spent most of the interview looking at a piece of paper and asking questions from it. She may have looked at me twice in the approximately 20 minutes I was in her larger than everyone else's cubicle.   1 Answer

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Bowie, MD).

Interview

The interview is a little long but fairly simple. The final role play interview is a little overwhelming at first but once you get into the groove it's kind of fun. I did realize some things i could have done differently afterwards but I'm still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position.   1 Answer

Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a technical test first which was more about logistic. The test was not very hard. THen I received a 30-minutes phone interview. They asked questions related to my resume and some basic questions such as why Geico. However, they realized that I am not u.s. citizen and canceled my onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico? Why insurance? More questions related to modeling skills.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

If you read any of the other reviews regarding the process, it's exactly the same.
    First you schedule a phone interview, which is pretty easy and straight forward, and if the person interviewing you on the phone likes you then you move on to doing a assessment. I scheduled my assessment for the very next day. The assessment consists of answering phone calls and emails and entering the information given to you into different categories, it tests how well you are at multi-tasking. Then you also have to take a typing test which is based off how fast you type and the amount of errors you make. Overall the assessment was pretty easy.
    After that then you get called in to do a face to face interview, if you passed the assessment, and if the person doing your face to face interview thinks your answers were satisfactory then you move on to role playing. For the role play section you're escorted into a room and given 20 minutes to read a couple of pages detailing a made up company and a customer sheet. Your interviewer calls you after your 20 minutes are up and pretends to be one of the customers on your sheet. Overall this was the hardest part of the interviewing process because I've never worked in any type of call center before, but I believe as long as you did the basics of what you were supposed to do, such as verifying the made up customer's phone number, offering them a certain service, staying calm, and etc, then overall you will probably pass.
    After I finished this part my interviewer told me I had passed and a employee from customer service would escort me to another employee who i could shadow.Basically, you just listen in onto another employee's phone calls and listen to the process they have to go through while also getting a feel for the environment you'd be working in. You do this for about a hour and then the manager of that section will come get you to do your final interview since they will decide whether or not you fit within their team.
    Overall the entire interview process took me 6 hours to complete.

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

A brief phone interview with the team lead followed by an interview with the team manager. They process was relaxed and friendly. Parking at this location is difficult and I was almost late as a result. Luckily, a parking enforcement officer allowed me to park in an employee space.

Interview Questions

• Describe a task or project you were assigned and how you dealt with it?   1 Answer

Product Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Lengthy interview process. After initial recruiter contact, there is an assessment (done as an excel file) then technical phone interview. The assessment and the technical screen is not difficult. As long as you pay attention to detail, there should not be any problem. On-site interview including lunch lasted from 10 to 3. Met with people with 1-2 year experiences all the way up to Assistant VP. Interview experience was nice and comfortable, but had the feeling that the company was trying best to cut cost.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

It is lengthy - It started with a personality assessment that I took at home, online. A few days later I received an email asking me to make an appointment for a short telephone interview that ascertained my availability to work the necessary hours, verified my education, and made sure that I had not worked at GEICO before. At the end of that call, I was then scheduled for a computer skills test at the office. This was a simulation of the computer skills necessary for the job - typing speed and manipulating different folders. On the same day as this computer assessment - I passed - I was taken into another office and asked the kind of questions you would expect - difficult job situations, goals, accomplishments, etc. After this I was scheduled to come back a week later for another assessment - this was some role play and some writing, a simulation of what the actual job would be like. After this I was asked if I thought the job was something I would like, what did I like best about it, etc. The next step is to have my assessment graded and if I pass this, my application will be given to the department manager and another appointment will be made. If no one is interested, then they will email me and then in six months I can reapply to GEICO. I am currently waiting to hear back from the company one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that I was criticized by my supervisor and how did I handle it.   1 Answer