GEO Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2018

2.2

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEO Group (Lawton, OK) in April 2018.

Interview

It was fairly easy. Got a call for an interview an hour after submitting application. Interview was the next day. Dressed professional & went in mentally strong. You have to be for a job like this.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Monitor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEO Group (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview. I had to pay for parking, but no longer than an hour. The interviewer was very helpful; he identified some areas in my resume that should have been corrected prior to submitting it. No need to be nervous at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelanto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEO Group (Adelanto, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied two months ago and got a call last week. I went in for the interview which was nothing short from the usual interview questions. I was told I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. During the interview I saw a long list of candidates interviewing th same day I did.Now currently just waiting to hear back from them.

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delano, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEO Group (Delano, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was off-site for a position at the local state prison. Interviewed with the program manager and another company rep. They explained the job duties, and discussed my education and experience, as it related to the requirements. They were very frank, as to the actual duties and the work environment, and presented a number of scenarios, to evaluate my responses.

Interview Questions

• “Identity one situation when you had to deal with a difficult client.”   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

HR was very polite on the phone. The interview at the main office Boca Raton, FL was disgusting. I was told I would be interviewed by 3 people and their names. The first lady was terrible. She told me the accounting position is not good for me because I have kids. Basically, she told me I have to change my career. The third one told she doesn't have time for interview today. Please, don't loose your time even going there. In case you have kids, you are not welcomed there.

Interview Questions

• Would be willing to work overtime in case you will be needed?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEO Group (Boca Raton, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process is a total joke. The need anyone to fill the positions they would hire a cadaver if it had fingerprints and could pass a background check. Took them FOREVER to get all their HR and hiring stuff in order. Could have found ten more jobs before they finally got their act together.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what your experience is.   1 Answer

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEO Group in October 2017.

Interview

After the interview will they call you to offer you the job or send you an email? And how long after the interview will they contact you to let you know you got hired or not

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an inmate got loud and you couldn't control the situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEO Group (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Was ushered in, asked 4-5 general experience questions and moved to begin the hiring paperwork within 10 minutes. The interviewer made it clear they were hiring a large number of people and did not go in-depth.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEO Group.

Interview

The complete hiring process took about one month. When I arrived for the interview, I had to wait forty-five minutes before they actually interviewed me. Apparently, they were running behind. By the time the panel interviewed me, you could tell they were tired and realized it was a horrible idea to schedule so many interviews back to back. The questions were easy and overall the actual interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• The questions started in English and then one of the members of the panel starting speaking in Spanish because he wanted to make sure I both understood and could respond back to him.   1 Answer

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Graceville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEO Group (Graceville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked me questions to get to know me and if I had knowledge of the company. Would I be ok working overtime and the twelve hour shifts. It was very relaxed and professional. I asked questions and received informative answers. I met with the warden and assistant warden and had a overall postive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an inmate was causing disruption?
      What would you do if a inmate tried to escape?   1 Answer