GEO Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEO Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEO Group.

Interview

The complete hiring process took about one month. When I arrived for the interview, I had to wait forty-five minutes before they actually interviewed me. Apparently, they were running behind. By the time the panel interviewed me, you could tell they were tired and realized it was a horrible idea to schedule so many interviews back to back. The questions were easy and overall the actual interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• The questions started in English and then one of the members of the panel starting speaking in Spanish because he wanted to make sure I both understood and could respond back to him.   1 Answer

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Graceville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEO Group (Graceville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked me questions to get to know me and if I had knowledge of the company. Would I be ok working overtime and the twelve hour shifts. It was very relaxed and professional. I asked questions and received informative answers. I met with the warden and assistant warden and had a overall postive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an inmate was causing disruption?
      What would you do if a inmate tried to escape?
      1 Answer

Detention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEO Group (Tacoma, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying to a vacancy online I was contacted by HR a couple of weeks later and asked a few preliminary questions. I was then scheduled for an interview at the job site a couple of days later. The interview was administered by two senior officers at the detention facility and was pretty strait forward with a couple biographical type questions but mostly consisted of situational questions. These questions were mainly to access both your fit into the workplace but your potential responses to certain ambiguous situations. Overall, the whole interview process was easy and strait forward and required minimal preparation. I was offered the job on the spot, welcomed to the company, and then sent down the hall to HR to fill out some preliminary forms such as basic background check requests and to sign a job offer. You are then sent home and contacted via email to fill out more forms for background checks and to begin the security clearance process through e-quip. The job is basically subject to favorable background check, and drug screening, as well as the granting of a DHS Security clearance and completing of 5 weeks academy/OJT.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions pertaining to "what ifs", i.e., what would you do if a detainee spit in your face or disrespected your authority, what would you do if a detainee asked you to bring in over the counter medicine such as aspirin.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, only a set salary and the option of an additional small amount of money that would normally be for Health Care. You can add this to your hourly wage if you already have your own health care. Unfortunately, it is not applied to the overtime wage which is time and a half.

Clinical Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEO Group (Woodridge, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were not organized at all. We had change rooms during the interview process because it had to be used for groups. The interviewers were also on their phones the whole time and didn't seem to pay attention when I spoke. The interviewers also thought I was interviewing for the Adolescent Counselor position even though I got a call from HR stating it was for the Clinical Counselor position to work with adult men. The interviewers were not professional and it felt like they were just trying to fill another spot in their facility.

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GEO Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process from start to finish is long. It takes the company forever to check your credentials. They gave a start date but I was unable to start because the background had not been completed. Once everything was finally in order there is a two day orientation to go through policies and procedures.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kinder, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEO Group (Kinder, LA).

Interview

The Warden interviewed me. They called me to go in the next day after I applied on . Asked interview questions. Then showed me around the prison.The Waarden told me I would meet with him after the tour. Finished tour. he was not in office. Secretary told me they would be in touch with me same day. Never heard anything.

Interview Questions

• If I found a prisioner collasped waht would u do?   1 Answer

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEO Group (New Castle, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

interview with sgt. Complete paperwork for background releases and drug screen once all of the above is completed and everythings ok u get your id badge if pass drug screen

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had someone criticize your work   1 Answer

Youth Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEO Group (Shelby, OH).

Interview

took 1 day to receive call for interview. Typicall questions. why do you want to work here. Why would we hire you over anyone else? The interview was relaxed and quiet. However it was also strange to be be stood up by the manager who was to interview me in the first place.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEO Group (Florence, AZ).

Interview

This interview was extremely easy and straightforward. I was asked 6 questions about my background and relevant experience. They also asked how I felt about working with inmates, in an insecure, unpredictable setting. Was also asked about steps I would take to foster recovery in an inmate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a positive difference in someone's life.   Answer Question

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEO Group in March 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy applied for job and got a call 3 days later from human resources and did a quick phone interview. Asked if you had an acrive clearance and have you ever worked corrections. Came in for interview the following week. Its better if you know someone who already works there is a good way for you to get hired

Negotiation

Its pretty much a set salary