GEO Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2018

2.3

Correction Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEO Group (Queens Village, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Two interview process and investigation into your background and bonded by the DOJ

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEO Group (New Castle, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

interview with sgt. Complete paperwork for background releases and drug screen once all of the above is completed and everythings ok u get your id badge if pass drug screen

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had someone criticize your work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Graceville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEO Group (Graceville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked me questions to get to know me and if I had knowledge of the company. Would I be ok working overtime and the twelve hour shifts. It was very relaxed and professional. I asked questions and received informative answers. I met with the warden and assistant warden and had a overall postive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an inmate was causing disruption?
      What would you do if a inmate tried to escape?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEO Group (Plainfield, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

they hire anybody that has a pulse because everyone quits after training because how bad the job is for the pay they give employees. Very unprofessional interviewer. The interview consists of false information about the job. They try to mislead because if they told you the truth about the job, you would run away.

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEO Group (Lawton, OK) in April 2018.

Interview

It was fairly easy. Got a call for an interview an hour after submitting application. Interview was the next day. Dressed professional & went in mentally strong. You have to be for a job like this.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GEO Group (Tacoma, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line, and after a week I was given a call to set up an interview. Over the phone the lady asked me what I knew about the company, and if I knew what they did. You can find all that information on their website. If you answer those questions you're already ahead of the pack. Then interview wasn't bad. You have to get patted down, and the paperwork you bring in gets searched. I was interviewed by 3 members. Pretty much asked questions about my past and work habits. They want to know if you you've been reprimanded at work things like that. Be prepared to answer "What If Questions" some that I got were "If an inmate was calling you names about your sexuality how would you handle it?" "If you knew one of the inmates had HIV would you tell other people?", and "If you got spit on how would you handle it?"

Interview Questions

• Name a time at work where you had a coworker that wasn't willing to work. What did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jena, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEO Group (Jena, LA).

Interview

The interview process is not that long but the hiring process is VERY extensive. There were two interviews (if I'm not mistaken) and a drug test. Once you passed the interviews and drug test you had to get an extensive background and credit check. The background check and credit check are done through the FBI and it sometimes takes as long as 3 months to complete. With the credit check you are allowed to clear up or show that you are making payments on delinquencies.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you came across a problem and solved it. What steps did you take to correct it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEO Group in June 2015.

Interview

basics of interviews a lot of talking because i was so young trying tell me what i was getting myself into. but i've heard it all before and if you've had any training you have too.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

it wasnt one

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEO Group (Lawton, OK) in May 2012.

Interview

The interviewee cannot bring items such as a cell phone into the facility. The wait isn't long. When the interviewee is called back for the interview, he or she will be required subject to a pat down, including removing one's shoes. Personal items will be x-ray inspected. The interviewee should expect to walk through a metal detector. The interview itself is a pleasant experience. Most people who get to the interview phase of the application process will be hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Rio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEO Group (Del Rio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I was really excited I like to learn about criminal justice and Geo gave me some tools I can use in the future and not only that I also got to get to know the facility and handle difficult situations and do some paperwork but in the end Its always worth it I love that job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why did I want to work there.   1 Answer