GEP Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEP Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

3.1

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEP.

Interview

It was an easy interview! Asked a couple of questions about my resume and a small case interview! It was a college recruitment! Was on a friday and results came on the following Monday!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEP

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEP.

Interview

On campus interview that lasts about 25 - 30 mins. Half of the time was common behavioral questions, and the other half is a short case. The first round is not difficult, but still need some preparation, especially abt the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Short interview through my university, 30 minutes, done on campus, half behavioral and half case. Two interviewers, both very genial and friendly. They asked a lot of questions about international travel and business. Also talked a lot about corporate culture, opportunities for travel and advancement. Asked me to walk them through my resume, explain what I did in my previous role.

Interview Questions

• You run a private label bakery that has a contract to supply generic baked goods to Walmart. How do you increase profits within this contract?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEP (New York, NY).

Interview

The worst experience I had in my career life. The interviewer is not professional and doesn't know what is respect at all, he was playing his phone all the time. Actually I met this guy at career fair and tried to talk to him. But he had a cool face and seemed not interested in candidates. My classmates felt the same way.

Interview Questions

GEP Response

Nov 8, 2016 – President

We really appreciate your feedback. We connect with scores of bright, talented people like you every week, and we work hard to ensure each and every candidate has a worthwhile experience. For the ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEP (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to a college career fair and was invited for info session. Talked to recruiters and was invited to on campus interview. I was told it was going to be behavioral only but there was a case. I answered behavioral basic questions about resume and then case. Wasn;t ready for case and gave simple answer. Answered back in 2 week saying they had found candidates.

Interview Questions

• A company is trying to increase the sale of their fruits to a supermaket chain, what should they do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEP (New York, NY).

Interview

2 screening interviews with 15 minute behavioral and a 15 minute short case. Super day with 4 interviews: 1 group, 2 behavioral. None of the questions were out of the ordinary but it was a challenging interview process none the less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Straight forward. Interview on campus and then super day in Clark on a Friday. Team case in the beginning of the Super day and then 4 individual interviews. Got a decision call the Monday after the interview.

Interview Questions

Compensation was too low compared to peers. Also decided not to do procurement.

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and was invited to a first-round 1:1 interview, which was behavioral and involved a short case. I was then invited to a Super Day at their global headquarters in Clark, NJ, which consisted of 1 group case interview, 1 behavioral interview, and 2 individual case interviews. Despite the number of interviews there was a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I received an offer a few days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Typical behaviorals, and a good mix of standard qualitative/quantitative case styles.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ).

Interview

I applied on campus the entire process took about 4 weeks. First round phone call 30 min with case got an invitation to interview at their Clark, NJ office. 4 interviews, 1 group case, 2 individual case, and 1 behavioral interview. Everyone was extremely friendly, got an offer the following weekend

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

First round was on-campus - 30 minutes with 2 interviewers. The first 15 minutes were behavioral questions and the last 15 minutes was a short case interview. It was super easy if you're familiar with case questions and they just want to see if you are comfortable with solving problems. I had a Profit/Loss question about the catering firm. However, everyone was asked different questions. Someone got a market sizing question which was pretty easy as well.

First round on friday, got a call on Sunday and was asked to come for Super Day the next friday.

Super Day consisted of 4 interviews (Group, 2 behavioral and 1 case). Behavioral were easy, case was very easy (market sizing - how many laptops will be sold in US this year), and the group was about picking the best candidate out of 6 total for an MBA scholarship.

Got the call on Monday and received offer the same day. They give you 3 weeks to respond and they sent a huge bouquet of cookies as well to show how much they wanted candidates to accept their offer.

However, HR person seemed a little pretentious and not super understanding. Glad did not accept their offer. I really would have hated to work with the HR lady.

Interview Questions

• Why GEP? What do you know about Procurement? Tell us about yourself. Profit/loss case question. Market sizing. Questions about past experience. How well do you know Excel?   Answer Question