GEP Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

GEP Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jan 16, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEP (New York, NY).

Interview

The worst experience I had in my career life. The interviewer is not professional and doesn't know what is respect at all, he was playing his phone all the time. Actually I met this guy at career fair and tried to talk to him. But he had a cool face and seemed not interested in candidates. My classmates felt the same way.

Interview Questions

GEP Response

Nov 8, 2016 – President

We really appreciate your feedback. We connect with scores of bright, talented people like you every week, and we work hard to ensure each and every candidate has a worthwhile experience. For the ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEP (New York, NY).

Interview

2 screening interviews with 15 minute behavioral and a 15 minute short case. Super day with 4 interviews: 1 group, 2 behavioral. None of the questions were out of the ordinary but it was a challenging interview process none the less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Straight forward. Interview on campus and then super day in Clark on a Friday. Team case in the beginning of the Super day and then 4 individual interviews. Got a decision call the Monday after the interview.

Interview Questions

Compensation was too low compared to peers. Also decided not to do procurement.

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and was invited to a first-round 1:1 interview, which was behavioral and involved a short case. I was then invited to a Super Day at their global headquarters in Clark, NJ, which consisted of 1 group case interview, 1 behavioral interview, and 2 individual case interviews. Despite the number of interviews there was a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I received an offer a few days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Typical behaviorals, and a good mix of standard qualitative/quantitative case styles.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ).

Interview

I applied on campus the entire process took about 4 weeks. First round phone call 30 min with case got an invitation to interview at their Clark, NJ office. 4 interviews, 1 group case, 2 individual case, and 1 behavioral interview. Everyone was extremely friendly, got an offer the following weekend

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

First round was on-campus - 30 minutes with 2 interviewers. The first 15 minutes were behavioral questions and the last 15 minutes was a short case interview. It was super easy if you're familiar with case questions and they just want to see if you are comfortable with solving problems. I had a Profit/Loss question about the catering firm. However, everyone was asked different questions. Someone got a market sizing question which was pretty easy as well.

First round on friday, got a call on Sunday and was asked to come for Super Day the next friday.

Super Day consisted of 4 interviews (Group, 2 behavioral and 1 case). Behavioral were easy, case was very easy (market sizing - how many laptops will be sold in US this year), and the group was about picking the best candidate out of 6 total for an MBA scholarship.

Got the call on Monday and received offer the same day. They give you 3 weeks to respond and they sent a huge bouquet of cookies as well to show how much they wanted candidates to accept their offer.

However, HR person seemed a little pretentious and not super understanding. Glad did not accept their offer. I really would have hated to work with the HR lady.

Interview Questions

• Why GEP? What do you know about Procurement? Tell us about yourself. Profit/loss case question. Market sizing. Questions about past experience. How well do you know Excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEP (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round, on campus recruitment, lasted about 30 minutes. first went through my resume and some behavioral questions (~15 min), then went on to a simple qualitative case about profitability.

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEP (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was not very friendly. He pointed out one solution I gave to the case study that he thought was not appropriate, and when I tried to fix this problem in the following talk, he seemed to have a rejective attitude. But the thing was, when I talked to others about the case, they said my solution was ok.

Interview Questions

• Your career path seems different, why do you want to do consulting?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. There is a 30 mins interview with two people. At first, there is a brief introducing about themselves. Then, the first 15 mins were asked to go through resume in details. The other 15 mins is a case interview. The case is quite easy. At last is the time for questions.

Interview Questions

• they asked me if there is any pushback from working with client and how do I deal with.
      For the case interview, They asked how to processing a procurement consulting for a food maker company.
      Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEP (Clark, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter on the phone, then had 2 phone interviews with managers/senior managers. Calls went well, so I was scheduled to come in to their headquarters in NJ to interview. The recruiter had me on a flight that would've allowed 1 hour max for me to interview. I interviewed with mostly managers/directors, 3 interviews, one was via phone while at their office. Of course I would've missed my flight home, but it was cancelled anyway.

The recruiter called a week later and gave me a verbal offer. We discussed numbers and were pretty much on the same page. He told me the official offer would be sent via email that day or the following day. I followed up the next day and he said it should be there at some point. I did not receive anything and when i tried to follow up over the next days/week, the recruiter did not answer any emails or voicemails. It was completely silent. Also note, I know other colleagues that the recruiter was reaching out to during the time he wouldn't answer emails/calls.

This was extremely unprofessional. Thank God I didn't take a job at GEP.

Interview Questions

• How can you tell a client has an immature procurement practice?   Answer Question