GFI Group Broker Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GFI Group Broker Trainee Interview Questions

2.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GFI Group.

Interview

I sent my resume in through a friend and with in a day I had a call asking me to interview the next day. I met with two people and got a call that evening with an offer. I then started the upcoming Monday.

Interview Questions

• All they asked was why you want to be a broker and then just chatted for a bit to see if you would fit in on the trading floor,   Answer Question

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GFI Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Very relaxed, not a lot of formal questions around the actual job. More of a discussion to see if you would "fit" with the company/personality of a broker trainee. They like to hear that you're proactive and not afraid to speak with clients/go to events/etc. They want to see that you can work hard -- even when you're pushed hard or not treated particularly nicely

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should hire you for this job? What in your past experience is relevant?   Answer Question

Junior Broker Trainee Interview

Interview

I applied online on my school's career website. I received an email from HR right away and was asked to come to the office the next day for an interview. It was very low key and was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is important for me to know about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GFI Group (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

First day was basic just about yourself, walk me through your resume, why you want to work there?

Then super day, flew up to NYC and ran a series of three half hour interviews, mostly casual and conversational, why are you fit for this job? can you handle pressure well?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GFI Group (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Met with the CEO and the COO. Very informal.