GGP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lease Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GGP (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

They found my profile through linkedin. They saw I had previous experience with lease accounting. Luckily I was looking for a new job at the time. So I sent my resume. Had a quick phone screen with a recruiter.

They I was passed on to another recruiter. This recruiter set up a in person interview. THe interview was 4 sessions with different team members. I met with mid level members and the vp. It was good to meet everyone.

Questions were not about accounting. They were about work habits and how you juggle multiple priorities. Overall not hard.

took A long time to get a response.This was frustrating as I felt the recruiter was leading me on. I got a response 3 weeks later saying that they hired someone from within the company. Recruiter said that the interviewers gave me positive feedback. I guess they were leery of hiring from the outside.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple projects that you are assigned?   1 Answer

Leasing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GGP.

Interview

Disorganized and rushed through interview process. Lack of communication and no follow up.

HR scheduled initial phone screening and did not inform me that it had been rescheduled until I called to confirm.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GGP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone interview with following onsite interviews with management. The onsite interviews were with management and one manager told me he did not know why he was asked to this interview. He asked only one question and was not part of my job function. After the interview, I had not heard of any follow-up and I get an invite for a third onsite interview and they cancelled it on the same day to reschedule. The day of the interview they then called me that the position was filled. Worst interview experience ever.

Tourism and Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GGP (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied via internet. Received email requesting my availability for phone screen as well as multiple questions; three of which I answered as "Confidential" given they wanted a breakdown of my salary, benefits, and bonuses. The day after returning my questions, I was given a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions, with emphasis on event marketing' although it seemed any event marketing experience.   1 Answer

Guest Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GGP (Honolulu, HI) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 24 hours by HR for a phone interview. Proceeded to have 5 interviews (3 phone, 2 in person) over a 5 week period. 2 weeks after the 5th interview, I got an email saying they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain a role in which you had to collaborate with multiple departments for a service or product?   Answer Question

Building Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GGP (Columbia, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a really good hour long interview that included taking a tour of all the areas. Was also told that I was a great fit for their team and was scheduled to interview with the Mall Manager. That interview went well also. Long story short...I didn't get the job for some unknown reason...I'm thinking my AGE (51 1/2) is having a lot to do with it! I've been having the same results with every place I apply to.

Interview Questions

• Mall manager....So...tell me more about this semester of Computer Hardware Installation & Troubleshooting that you took?   Answer Question

Corporate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GGP (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR first, was short and they sent me to Accounting Mgr. That phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with an extreme workload in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Unprofessional and Disappointing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GGP (Atlanta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was interested to interview with GGP since they are one of the largest shopping center developers in America. I had over 10 different interviews with GGP for a Business Development position. Five of the ten interviews were conducted via phone and five were in person since GGP paid for me to fly to their Regional Baltimore Office. My experience with GGP's support staff (HR and admin) was very disappointing and out of all the companies I have been interviewing with, I found these employees to be the most unprofessional.

The admin for the department I was interviewing with proceeded to speak very rudely to me via phone when I notified her that I rented a car when I arrived in Baltimore. GGP HR clearly stated they would not arrange ground transportation for me (I actually thought I heard the HR woman slightly laugh when I asked this) and this was up to me, but reimbursable. No schedule was sent to me in advance and the admin wanted me to take a cab which would have been $120 round trip. I was able to rent a car for $15/day instead and decided this was the best & cheapest route. When I called to give the admin a courtesy notice that I was enroute, she berated me about being on schedule. I kindly reminded her that no schedule was sent and in return there was silence.

Once I finally made it to their Regional office I had five interviews back to back. None of the people I met with had read my resume in advance and two of the five interviewers corrected me about their titles. After hearing their responses to my questions, I quickly realized this company had many, many chiefs and not enough indians. I was actually quite surprised their egos were so inflated given the state of the economy. When I asked the Manager for the position what his biggest challenge was, he replied: "Dealing with internal employees to have to fight to get work done." After hearing that response (which was interview two of five) I knew immediately this was not the right company. Layers of red tape is not something a sales professional wants to deal with, especially if its coming from internal colleagues.

After I arrived home I followed up with HR in Chicago and have yet to receive a return call. I also proceeded to get an email from the rude admin who picked apart my candidate expense report stating mileage to the airport nor the 6am cup of coffee I purchased would be reimbursed. Thanks sweetheart.

Overall I found this company to be unprofessional in the eyes of a candidate. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone I know seeking a job unless they were completely desperate and wanted to shoot themselves in the foot.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GGP (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2010.

Interview

I was surprised to have been told I would be hired then nothing happened.

Interview Questions

• You are very assertive, is that a good thing?   1 Answer
    • Will you relocate?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at GGP in December 2011.

Interview

Initial interview w/ someone from corporate HR. Interview was fairly simple and relaxed. About three weeks later, I received a second interview with two people from mall management (one local and one state). Spoke about my background and how it's relevant to position. Brought samples of previous work to display my capabilities and give a clear idea of what I did at previous jobs as well as during my studies. The interview again was simple and very relaxed. Got my rejection letter :-( after several more weeks. Can't really pinpoint why I might have not offered the job except my salary requirements may have been too high.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer