GHD Environmental Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GHD Environmental Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at GHD

2.6

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GHD.

Interview

Spoke with two principals from different offices in the region. Very laid back, asked me about myself, my background, thoughts on the what the position would entail. Three other senior level employees from the office came in to ask questions as well. Then a short written portion.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GHD

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GHD.

Interview

Applied online, I received a call within a week. After a brief phone interview I had an in office interview. Pretty laid back and easy to feel comfortable. A week later they called me back in for a second interview. A week later they emailed me and wanted to extend an offer. The offer took over 2 weeks to receive so be patient.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like tell me about a time when you had to improvise etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GHD (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The HR did an amazing job in contacting me soon after I applied. I was asked to interview with three people (2 Senior Envi/Biologists and the office manager). I arrived at the building and was amazed at how friendly everyone was. The receptionist was very kind and made me feel comfortable. Before the interview, I was introduced to every single person in the building which was approximately 45 people. This confused me a little since I had thought they would first interview me then show me around, but I guess its GHD’s way to make you feel more comfortable during the interview as well as examine your personality. Once I met everyone, I sat down and told about GHD which was nice to not be drilled on how much I knew about their company. I would highly recommend you study up the company in case they do ask you if you know anything about their company. They then asked the typical interview questions which were:

1. An example of when you exceeded
    2. An example of your weakness
    3. Your strength
    4. How you’d react in a situation without any guidance for a project

I don’t remember all of the interview question but as I said above, they were not difficult. The interview process was real smooth and it made me like the company more. They offered me the job but I was greedy and asked for more in which they had to give the job to someone else. My advice to you is to not say “I will not go below $$$$”. They offered a fair salary, little below what I make now, but this company has great benefits such as advancing your education which is a plus for me. I regret not taking their initial offer but it was completely my fault and I have to live with my mistakes.

It took them a week to get back to me with their offer and then another week to get back to me to tell me that they had to go with someone else because of my salary demand. They are very good at getting back to you.

Interview Questions

• There was no question that was difficult or unexpected. If you know yourself and do your research, you will be fine.   Answer Question

I didn't decline, i asked for too much and they had to go with someone else.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GHD.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone conversation that mostly consisted on me asking questions. It was a very casual interview. The job itself seemed very interesting and very good development for early career.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Interview

They usually call you in advance ad arrange a time for the interview. First interview could be a one on one or in my case a panel interview. They provide the offer in the next month or so if you pass.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure and deliver multiple tasks   Answer Question