GHD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GHD

2.7

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GHD (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The HR did an amazing job in contacting me soon after I applied. I was asked to interview with three people (2 Senior Envi/Biologists and the office manager). I arrived at the building and was amazed at how friendly everyone was. The receptionist was very kind and made me feel comfortable. Before the interview, I was introduced to every single person in the building which was approximately 45 people. This confused me a little since I had thought they would first interview me then show me around, but I guess its GHD’s way to make you feel more comfortable during the interview as well as examine your personality. Once I met everyone, I sat down and told about GHD which was nice to not be drilled on how much I knew about their company. I would highly recommend you study up the company in case they do ask you if you know anything about their company. They then asked the typical interview questions which were:

1. An example of when you exceeded
    2. An example of your weakness
    3. Your strength
    4. How you’d react in a situation without any guidance for a project

I don’t remember all of the interview question but as I said above, they were not difficult. The interview process was real smooth and it made me like the company more. They offered me the job but I was greedy and asked for more in which they had to give the job to someone else. My advice to you is to not say “I will not go below $$$$”. They offered a fair salary, little below what I make now, but this company has great benefits such as advancing your education which is a plus for me. I regret not taking their initial offer but it was completely my fault and I have to live with my mistakes.

It took them a week to get back to me with their offer and then another week to get back to me to tell me that they had to go with someone else because of my salary demand. They are very good at getting back to you.

Interview Questions

• There was no question that was difficult or unexpected. If you know yourself and do your research, you will be fine.   Answer Question

I didn't decline, i asked for too much and they had to go with someone else.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cazenovia, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GHD (Cazenovia, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Got to each lunch with a few new hires directly beforehand. They were extremely nice and answered most of the questions I had about the company which I was going to ask in the interview. Interview consisted of group meeting in which panel took turns asking me to answer questions, while in turn giving me a chance to ask my own. They seemed to want me to keep talking and as a result, the interview was very long (2 hrs).

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have a pressing deadline but know you do not have enough time to do a good job on the assignment.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GHD.

Interview

Got a call next day i applied. They seem to be thorough but I felt they lack basic confidentiality policies

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GHD (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Old, rich, overweight, white men pretending they know more than they actually do. Make you feel small, but questions are basic... Examples: Why do you want to work for GHD? Tell us about yourself and experience, ect. Dress to impress. I would not recommend interviewing at the GHD Dallas office if the principles are the same.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in group settings?   1 Answer

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at GHD (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Long. This process drug on and on and on and although I was told to expect a phone call within a week, it took 7 months of complete silence before the recruiter wrote to tell me they've moved in another direction. Very poor recruiting practice. Show immaturity and lack of concern for others.

Environmental Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GHD (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by an in-person second interview. Very easygoing and not too high pressure. They very very receptive to my skill set and experience. I would say don't stress too much about your first or second interview.

Interview Questions

• Mainly just questions about my resume and previous jobs/experince   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GHD (New York, NY).

Interview

Very direct to the point. Encourages growth in the company while stating the challenges associated with the vacancy. Non-conventional interview processes. HR recruitment was very accommodating, as they allowed me to freely schedule my preferred interview date and time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GHD in January 2010.

Interview

Apply on company website for job openings, then company will call for and interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions I joined GHD as part of an acquasition   Answer Question

Senior Air Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GHD (Golden, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went well, except that two very odd issues were brought up, that in hindsight I should have realized were major red flags. The first was when the more senior interviewer asked if I would work more than 40 hours per week, which I believe was code for assessing my situation as a female employee for demands on my time at home. The second odd issue was that the senior interviewer stated that "they need to find a girlfriend" for the Golden air quality group manager.

Interview Questions

• Could I work more than 40 hours per week?   1 Answer

Regional Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GHD (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the Operations Center Manager for the West. I was flown to San Francisco to meet others. I really enjoyed the people and felt the culture was a match for what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer