GHD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GHD Interview Questions

Interviews at GHD

2.7

Environmental Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GHD.

Interview

The hiring process for me was pretty simple. I impressed the local university recruitment team, exchanged contact information they told me to apply and within the next two weeks I received a phone call for an interview. The interview was very relaxing the interviewers just wanted to get a sense of what types of water related projects I have been involved in. A strange question I was asked was what is my favorite and least favorite class. Overall it was not a bad experience.

People Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GHD (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening. Was told I would be scheduled for an in-person interview. Recruiter did not have the courtesy to return my calls or emails after weeks of hearing nothing. I would wait a few weeks, and still nothing. 2 months later, I got a rejection letter. 2 months! Terrible recruiting practice from a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist. The recruiter is the face of a company, and this one makes GHD look horrible.

Building Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GHD (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview wit talent agent, supervisor, and then corporate. The process was pretty standard, but it took longer than I had hoped. I applied online, spoke with talent agent, met with supervisor, and then the final interview was with upper management.

Environmental Project Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GHD.

Interview

First apply online at company website (or any career website that submits your interest) and an HR representative may email you (received email within 12 hours of applying online) to schedule a phone interview. Responses from the phone interview and application package will be sent to Hiring Manager. If you pass the first round interview, you'll be invited to an in-person interview at the company office. Following the in-person interview, you may be chosen and contacted within a month. Salary negotiations proceed afterward. Currently in interview process.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions were asked. Technical questions included the interviewer listing off different aspects/duties of the position and for you to list your experience.   1 Answer

Project Manager Protoge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GHD (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

Brought me in several times, mostly to just get to know me and of my basic qualifications. Met several different people, all seemed really interested in me and happy I was there. The PM very strongly led me to believe I had the job. In the end, the guy strung me along for about a month until he stopped replying or returning phone calls...

Interview Questions

• What was your academic experience in project management?   Answer Question

Senior Advisor - Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GHD (Bowie, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

It was ok, but unstructured. I was peppered with sales goals and utilization targets, even in the interview! Not a great way to build rapport with a new employee. It simply was not structured and didn't give me an indication of what I would do.

Interview Questions

• Whether they thought I could meet the sales target.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GHD (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

One in office interview was good office was nice not too shabby people were nice it was alright parkting was easy was good good good filling up the thrity word minimum right now this is me doing that

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you've faced   1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GHD.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone conversation that mostly consisted on me asking questions. It was a very casual interview. The job itself seemed very interesting and very good development for early career.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GHD (Houston, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

Met with two groups of management. First is those you work with directly, second was the Regional Principle and HR Lead. After that, an offer will or won't be made. This took 1 month.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that will best fit the position?
      Why do you want to work for GHD?   Answer Question

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at GHD (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a one on one with the HR and hiring manager. The one on one was easy going and felt very comfortable. The questions put forward where open and it was more of a discussion. In the end, they could not meet my salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• Experience?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you enjoy doing?   Answer Question

See What GHD Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Pros: “-Flex-time schedules -PTO (considerable amount given) -Wellness Reimbursement -Room for growth/opportunities -Global company with many new and exciting changes coming in the pipeline...”“-Flex-time schedules -PTO (considerable amount given) -Wellness Reimbursement -Room for growth/opportunities -Global company with many new and exciting changes coming in the pipeline -People are amazing, friendly, and fun - there is a social committee/fund in each office and lots of gatherings to attend! There's a very supportive family feel in the offices -Lots of travel opportunities/ability to transfer overseas for short-term/long-term assignments -Young Professionals program that provides mentorship and leadership opportunities -Women's program that is a positive and supportive space for professional women in the company to gather and discuss ways to create change within the company. The company takes suggestions seriously. -Overall, the company is listening to their employees and strives to do better. They do not claim to know it all or think they do it perfectly, which is refreshing from a large corporation.” – Full Review