GKN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GKN Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GKN.

Interview

After receiving the call for an interview, i had a sit down interview with the manger of the department. After that interview, I had received a call the same day for a return interview with the department director. I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GKN (Garden Grove, CA).

Interview

I applied and was called within 2 weeks for an interview. I came in and had a positive interview and was told I would hear back from the Program Director. I followed up with HR Manager and Hiring Director and they said they have a few more interviews to go but would make a decision soon because the position needed to be filled ASAP. I was called to weeks later for a follow up interview with someone else and that interview seem to be positive as well. I was told I would hear back soon but it has been two months and still no response. The position has not been filled when I spoke to the HR manager on the phone but when I followed up via email I did not receive any response. I'm confused, they told me I would be a good fit for the company but did not offer me a job nor did they send me a rejection letter. I am a little bit disappointed that the follow through after the interview has been a little bit slow or non existence altogether on their end.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this situation where you do not have resources to help you?   Answer Question
    • How have you handled situations where you are over budget or over on engineering hours?   Answer Question

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GKN (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with three people. The first was GKN Aerospace Recuiter via phone . The Second was with Hiring Manager via phone. The Thrid was with Senior Manager via phone. Offer was given within 24 hours after third Phone interview. Attempted
    To negotiate offer conversation went dark, Two weeks later offer was taken off the table.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Molding Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cromwell, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GKN (Cromwell, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from HR for some pre-screening questions. Got a call the same day for an on site interview. Went for the interview, very welcoming environment and seemed close knit. After HR interview (20 min) I interviewed with the hiring manager for Manufacturing. Extremely nice, even took me for a tour of the environment I'd be working in and explained the job in detail. Nothing but good vibes, just not the salary I was looking for unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• what is your greatness weakness?   1 Answer

The job seemed great, but I couldn't afford the decline in pay.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GKN (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter, interview on site with Production and HR, and finally a 2nd Interview with the Master Scheduler and site tour. During interview there was several questions regarding skills and manufacturing environment. Very professional hiring process. They try to sell you GKN culture as a company so you can decide if your fit or not.

Quality Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GKN (El Cajon, CA).

Interview

The Interview went well however the current Quality Manager had me begin in inspection as an inspector 3. this was fine it gave me a chance to learn all the different parts in Military Structures. I was on 3rd shift for 3 yrs and it just about killed me. the a Quality Engineer position came up which I interviewed for however the Quality director made me work as a JR. QE for 3 years even I was doing the work of an experienced engineer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very aggressive

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GKN (Auburn Hills, MI).

Interview

Started with a call from HR than a Phone interview, and a couple weeks later a in person interview with the hiring manager. Interview including being rushed through a the lengthy aplication form and a personality profile.

Intern Interview

Interview

Speak over phone with HR rep then schedule interview with director of perspective department. You may speak with several directors/senior engineers. Each intern had a slightly different experience in the hiring process.

Assembly Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GKN in April 2016.

Interview

Was at unemployment office. Was a job fair through the company. Was a long wait as expected because it was a job fair. But once in the room asked regular interview question that everyone else ask. And it went fairly quick.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GKN (Garden Grove, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Called for an interview opportunity that was scheduled a week after. 4 weeks have passed since my interview and I have YET to receive a call or email. A buddy interviewed a couple days before mine and was denied via email 3 weeks after. I suppose I may still be in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Skills, Clean Room Experience, Root Cause Analysis, Manufacturing Experience, Favorite Class or Project in school, andAvailability.   Answer Question