GKN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GKN

2.8

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GKN (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter, interview on site with Production and HR, and finally a 2nd Interview with the Master Scheduler and site tour. During interview there was several questions regarding skills and manufacturing environment. Very professional hiring process. They try to sell you GKN culture as a company so you can decide if your fit or not.

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GKN (Tustin, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Go through a temp agency. Temp agency setup interview with the hiring manager at the temp agencies location. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and was given an offer a couple days later. The agency had me come in to take a drug test. At the agency its a mouth one, but could have changed since.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing in working in a manufacturing setting. Something similiar to that but not sure on the wording.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GKN (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Several people, tours, call backs. Very nice make you feel comfortable. Enjoyed meeting everyone. Fore VP was difficult but nice. HR helpful, friendly receptionist. Happy overall. Informational as well. Heavy paperwork otherwise no issue at alll

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GKN (Garden Grove, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Called for an interview opportunity that was scheduled a week after. 4 weeks have passed since my interview and I have YET to receive a call or email. A buddy interviewed a couple days before mine and was denied via email 3 weeks after. I suppose I may still be in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Skills, Clean Room Experience, Root Cause Analysis, Manufacturing Experience, Favorite Class or Project in school, andAvailability.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Speak over phone with HR rep then schedule interview with director of perspective department. You may speak with several directors/senior engineers. Each intern had a slightly different experience in the hiring process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GKN in May 2017.

Interview

One simple in-person interview was all there was for me. The interview was enjoyable and not intimidating. It seemed like they were just trying to genuinely see if I was passionate about the role and willing to learn.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GKN (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Terrible interview process. Phone screen 3 days before I went in for an actual interview. Showed up and was interviewed by one of the project managers in his office alone. He straight up said "I don't care about your resume or what your past experience is" . He never bothered to even glance at my resume in front of him and only answered basic questions of mine and just told me to "sell myself". Very unprofessional interview overall since he didn't even bother asking about me or ask any questions in general.

Interview Questions

• "You need to sell yourself to me"   2 Answers

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GKN (El Cajon, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. The interviewer asked me a few behavioral questions as well as situational questions such as "tell me about a time when...". They asked me about my past experiences and internships and my role at that company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a call back the day after my interview and received an offer. They needed to fill the spot immediately and started the following week.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GKN (Rockford, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview started with a standard discussion of the position with two of the GKN managers. You are then given a packet of information to review for 20-30 minutes to prepare a presentation on the material to the managers. After that, you are given another packet of information to review for 20-30 minutes to prepare for a 20 minute role playing session.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult aspect of this type of interview was getting your thoughts organized to present material in the short amount of time provided.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GKN.

Interview

After receiving the call for an interview, i had a sit down interview with the manger of the department. After that interview, I had received a call the same day for a return interview with the department director. I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable.