GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2018

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essex, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Essex, VT).

Interview

Starts with a 15 minute phone screening, asking easy question, ends very quickly. Afterwards they schedule for an onsite visit. Haven't gotten to there yet so I guess it is TBD.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essex, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Essex, VT) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through a consulting company that was hiring for a full-time, on-site job at GlobalFoundries. I simply sent my resume, and I was invited to a phone screen a few days later. The interviewer was 10 minutes late, which is ordinarily a red flag, but it was fine because she had the courtesy to email me and let me know she was running late. She was very friendly, and I was happy that she asked for my salary requirements up front so we wouldn't waste each other's time. She also prompted me with a question about my writing skills, which I wouldn't have had a chance to highlight otherwise. The discouraging part was that she admitted to not know knowing much about the position, and she couldn't answer an important question I had that could have been a deal breaker for me in the position. A couple of days later, I was invited to interview on site with the GlobalFoundries team the following week. The interview was three hours long, which isn't out of line, but I would have appreciated a heads up since I live work locally and expected to be able to return to work in the afternoon. The manager and the rest of the team were so nice and spent a lot of time talking with me. I left the interview excited about the position, how it would help me grow my career, and how I could contribute, even though I wasn't excited about the old school feel of the office and lack of natural light. As for the interview itself, the only aspect I didn't like was that the team didn't ask me very many questions. I felt more like I was interviewing them. In hindsight, I wonder if they had already decided I was a good fit and didn't need a lot of extra information or if they didn't care as much because the consulting firm would bear a lot of the cost if I didn't work out. I'm not sure, and there could be other reasons, but I think interviewers should carefully vet candidates. I received an offer from the consulting firm on the next business day., and I felt excited about it. Then, things went south. The salary was on the low end of the range I had requested, but I figured I could negotiate if they really wanted to hire me. So, I asked for their benefits package so I could compare my current position with the offer and make sure it would represent a net increase, not a decrease. They had advertised their benefits as competitive, but they are not even industry standard. The cheapest health insurance option was extremely expensive, with a $13,000 family deductible. The dental insurance only offered one in-network provider in my area. So, both the health and dental insurance would have been useless. As for other insurance benefits, life is a $10,000 burial policy and they offer no short-term disability benefits. The number of CTO days is only average, and they require a few months' notice to take any time off (unless you're sick, I guess). There is also an 18-month noncompete clause in their offer letter, which is longer than normal. I wasn't willing to leave my job with such meager benefits and with such a strict CTO policy, so I declined the offer. I felt disappointed and somewhat bitter that the company stated their benefits were competitive and that GlobalFoundries decided to hire this important position through a company they should know offers this benefit package. I would go as far as to say it's an unethical package. I would love to join this particular team at GlobalFoundries if they decided to hire this position directly, which is the correct way to hire an on-site, full-time employee.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in March 2018.

Interview

Received a call from 2 different engineers. Each engineer asked me to describe the projects on my resume. They were super nice and it was an easy quick interview. They then said that they would pass the information along to the hiring manager.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in March 2018.

Interview

For intern position there was a 1 hour telephonic interview scheduled. Most of the questions were technical. Regarding the physical design domain. Circuit power was emphasized as well. Could have prepared better.

Interview Questions

• Cadence virtuoso tool related questions, about layouts , DRC and LVS   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Went through two 30 minute phone interviews with the team i'd be working with. Then had another 30 minute phone interview with the department director. The interviewers were nice, asked standard questions and responded positively to my questions.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Tell me about your project experience

2.) What experience do you have in programming

3.) Tell me about a time when a project did not go to plan, and how would you have done it better?   Answer Question

Design Enablement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The recruiters do not reply back to any of your query mails nor do they reply on time. Had to message twice at least every time to confirm small things like interview time

Interview Questions

• Basic Digital Questions, FPGA and ASIC, Logical Questions, Educational Background and Projects on your resume   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in February 2018.

Interview

A manager got in touch with me soon after I've applied for that position. And there were two phone interviews. The first interview was with that manager, and that is not technical, the manager first introduced what his team is doing and what is the responsibility of the position that I've applied for, then he asked me a few behavioral questions. A few days after that, we scheduled a technical phone interview with an engineer who will be my mentor if I've got the job. It was a conference call, so the manager is online too. The second interview was mainly about the the project I've done, and whether I have some skill they need. Both interviews lasted for about half an hour.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

I applied online and got a mail from the hiring manager sent a mail to schedule a 30 min phone interview. It was a conference phone call with 3 design engineers. The Hr never got back with the results

Shift Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then a month later was asked back for an on-sight interview. Had four 30min interviews with managers and then met with HR for another 30min. Was told I would hear back in a few days and it took over 2 weeks.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through their taleo site. Sent a link to complete about 5 hours worth of assessments. Sent an email to come in for an on site interview. During all of these processes no one ever called to arrange it, no one called to discuss my qualifications, no one asked my salary requirements. You will deal with people via computer through the whole process and you will never understand who is responsible for what. Went to the onsite interview that took 5 hours. The people I met with were ok but the HR had to do it through "the phone." Seems like the HR there is very secretive. They will not call you ever and they didn't even show up for he interview. Very unprofessional attitude. When I met with the hiring team they basically said someone that used to work there was re applying for the role. Seems like I was just a number applicant to them and if you aren't already in with someone there do not bother spending 10 hours interviewing. I've sent several follow-ups to he recruiter about the position status and haven't received a response, I interviewed over a month ago. This type of attitude shows the type of organization they are, unprofessional and impersonal. Don't help them meet their number of candidate criteria- that's all they are doing with you. They have no respect for people's time and it seems like they are only trying to get their friends a job by going through the motions. Totally unprofessional process and organization.

Interview Questions

• Mostly brow beat if I would work any of their varied shifts.   Answer Question