GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

I applied online and got a mail from the hiring manager sent a mail to schedule a 30 min phone interview. It was a conference phone call with 3 design engineers. The Hr never got back with the results

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

Went onsite and did a few interviews with different departments. Mostly standard interview questions. Everyone was pretty nice, and was willing to talk about all aspects of the job.

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

I had a phone interview for the position of process integration engineer. It was positive but my date of availability was far away (5 months from graduation). He asked general questions about my research.

Principal Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

Presentation first and then talked with a lot of future team mates. So the total time has been 6 hours. All the people are very nice, the questions are average. The manager is very good!

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a Group activity, as any of those situations you have a group of stranger trying to impress potential bosses. You will have Golden stars, middle of the class and than below avg people looking to coat tail on others.

Interview Questions

• A few technical question about the job I applied for. Also a lot of questions on what I feel comfortable with such as basic job requirements of facilities.   Answer Question
    • Ask about my current role at my current place of empolyment.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through Internal referencing in Oct 2017 and got a call in less than a week from Technical Manager. The phone call was basically made to explain about job position and few behavioral questions and next day they invited me to Malta, NY.

I have been scheduled to meet 4 Technical managers for 1:1 interview for 30 min each and 1 HR personnel and all the interviews were mostly focused on behavioral questions and explaining job requirements. I liked the managers for clearly explaining the challenges and direction of the group that I might gonna work in. The last interviewer, HR personnel - basically asked me questions like , Why we should hire you & Why global foundries and finishing with the Salary details etc etc and confirmed that it will take 1 to 2 weeks time to get back to me about the position.

before the onsite interview, I did my online research about job profile (I would highly suggest Glassdoor) and spoke to my friends at Globalfoundries to learn about the position and how much demanding and challenging it can be. I was up for the challenge and went to the interview knowing what the technical/hiring managers were looking for in the candidate.

got a call in less than two days and confirmed that I go through interview and offer letter is provided to me.

Overall - its a great experience at Global Foundries.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Why Global Foundries?
      How to manage with pressure/stress?
      Times when you need to convince your boss?
      And bunch more behavioral questions (right from the HR questions book or something- Just google them before interview)   2 Answers

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The questions are not so hard. Mostly explained about the job position.
    Most of the managers are friendly.
    Not so much technical questions.
    The interviews were mostly focused on behavior questions.
    Explained the challenges in the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join GLOBALFOUNDRIES?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Describe a time when you were wrong and how you handled it at work.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essex, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Essex, VT) in October 2017.

Interview

A few weeks after submitting an online application I was contact by GlobalFoundries for a phone interview. A month following, I was invited to interview at Fab9 in Vermont. They asked basic questions about my resume, why I was applying, and some basic background to get to know me. It was a great experience and even if I don't receive an offer, it definitely set my expectations for how an interview should go.

Eng Design Enablement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY).

Interview

The interview process was good and they focused on the aspect that the job needs. A thorough assessment of the knowledge was done. It was long but smooth and nice.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on site abut 2 weeks after applying. Took SAM test, applied for P.T position and had a group interview and individual interviews. The group activity was okay, mostly the "business minded" individuals took the lead. They were observing to see who would come out as an alpha. Just another psychological play at candidates that were already anxious enough.