GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.8

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

started off doing a group exercise where you had to work with other people interviewing to build cars to make a profit. Then had a one on one interview with three different people.

Interview Questions

• describe a specific time when you had to trouble shoot a failure   Answer Question

Thin Film Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Albany, NY).

Interview

Very long interview. Good impression on manager except with interview duration which was informed in the last moment. Almost every member in the team got some time/slot to interview me, I guess!!!

Called for on-site interview after phone screen. One hour presentation, went smooth (9 am-10am). After that almost for every half an hour the interviewer in the seat changed till 5 am . Fortunately, there is lunch break!!!

The interview was average in general. Questions are mostly related to technical and behavioral. Unfortunately, due to long unexpected interview duration after long travel, I was not able to answer last few interviewers including manager!!!

Interview Questions

• I got surprised with one of the interviewer as he was commanding/insisting me.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through company's career website and got a phone screen interview request within 2 weeks. After that they called me for an on-site interview. 4 people took 30 mins interview each. Mostly they asked me questions related to my resume.

Interview Questions

• What do you don't want to see yourself in next 10 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in April 2017.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone call with one of the s/w engineers located at VT. Interview explained all about the work culture and the process flow. Explained about how the chips are tested and designed, etc. I thought I would move on to the next round, a hackerrank round, based on the feedback of the interviewer. Its been a week from then, with no response, I assume its a reject.

Interview Questions

• About past work experience. Why favor one language over the other. SDLC. Projects worked on in the past. Difficulties, challenges, tell me something about yourself.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. It was 6 years back, some of the stuff, I don't even remember. There was telephonic interview followed by onsite interview. Interviewed first by technical manager followed by HR.

Interview Questions

• Mainly focused on my past experience which was definitely better than GF.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

About the phone calls. First phone call was a nice and friendly manager telling you about their company and answer your questions about the what they did. Asked some questions about the resume. Second phone call was about programming questions but focused on fundamental stuff.

Computer Integrated Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It is about 45 mins interview and interviewees are 3~4 team members.
    1 - 10 min: Introduction
    11 - 30 min: Review my resume
    30 - 40 min: Some question about my research
    40 - 45 min: I asked some questions about this team and job duty.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed for intern role in a project. They asked me about the project I had done in my coursework and what I had learnt from them. Also about the challenging tasks in the projects done so far. It was a cool interview. But I didn't receive the offer.

SMTS Technology Integration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY).

Interview

The interview was long with no breaks or lunch. There were about 6 consecutive interviews from different groups. The question where not difficult. They are just gauging your breath of experience by discussing past accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to solve certain problems.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Essex Junction, VT) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the software developer position at global foundries in November 2015. Got an onsite interview inventation in late December. Two weeks later I had the onsite interview. Interview lasted about two hours and talked to four people. Week later I got another phone interview from someone else on the team. Two weeks later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Basic career questions. Nothing technical really. They did ask some basic problem solving and programming questions.   2 Answers