GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.7

Senior Engineer Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through Internal referencing in Oct 2017 and got a call in less than a week from Technical Manager. The phone call was basically made to explain about job position and few behavioral questions and next day they invited me to Malta, NY.

I have been scheduled to meet 4 Technical managers for 1:1 interview for 30 min each and 1 HR personnel and all the interviews were mostly focused on behavioral questions and explaining job requirements. I liked the managers for clearly explaining the challenges and direction of the group that I might gonna work in. The last interviewer, HR personnel - basically asked me questions like , Why we should hire you & Why global foundries and finishing with the Salary details etc etc and confirmed that it will take 1 to 2 weeks time to get back to me about the position.

before the onsite interview, I did my online research about job profile (I would highly suggest Glassdoor) and spoke to my friends at Globalfoundries to learn about the position and how much demanding and challenging it can be. I was up for the challenge and went to the interview knowing what the technical/hiring managers were looking for in the candidate.

got a call in less than two days and confirmed that I go through interview and offer letter is provided to me.

Overall - its a great experience at Global Foundries.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Why Global Foundries?
      How to manage with pressure/stress?
      Times when you need to convince your boss?
      And bunch more behavioral questions (right from the HR questions book or something- Just google them before interview)   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The questions are not so hard. Mostly explained about the job position.
    Most of the managers are friendly.
    Not so much technical questions.
    The interviews were mostly focused on behavior questions.
    Explained the challenges in the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join GLOBALFOUNDRIES?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Describe a time when you were wrong and how you handled it at work.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essex, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Essex, VT) in October 2017.

Interview

A few weeks after submitting an online application I was contact by GlobalFoundries for a phone interview. A month following, I was invited to interview at Fab9 in Vermont. They asked basic questions about my resume, why I was applying, and some basic background to get to know me. It was a great experience and even if I don't receive an offer, it definitely set my expectations for how an interview should go.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on site abut 2 weeks after applying. Took SAM test, applied for P.T position and had a group interview and individual interviews. The group activity was okay, mostly the "business minded" individuals took the lead. They were observing to see who would come out as an alpha. Just another psychological play at candidates that were already anxious enough.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (East Fishkill, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, On-site interview ~3 weeks later. The interview process went by smoothly. They scheduled the flights, rental car and hotel for me. The interview was scheduled for two hours but we talked on the phone before and ended up changing the schedule to take the whole day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about my research and interest in semiconductor industry on the phone. In person, they asked me if I would work weekends. They also asked me if I was applying or interviewing anywhere else. Where I saw myself in 5 years, and how I would handle a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Eng Design Enablement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY).

Interview

The interview process was good and they focused on the aspect that the job needs. A thorough assessment of the knowledge was done. It was long but smooth and nice.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

started off doing a group exercise where you had to work with other people interviewing to build cars to make a profit. Then had a one on one interview with three different people.

Interview Questions

• describe a specific time when you had to trouble shoot a failure   Answer Question

Equipment Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online several times and each time I received an invitation to take a online 3 hour test - which I didn't do due to lack of time. I finally took the test one day when I had some time and I got a phone call from recruiter the next day. I was invited out for a onsite interview the next week ( they paid for flight, hotel and rental car plus reimbursed meals, transport to and from origin airport and gas for rental car).
    Interview consisted of a group exercise with three other interview candidates building toy cars - the goal here is to see how you work in a team, think on your feet, attention to deal. The group exercise was followed by 3 interviews with HR, Technical team and management.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your current job? why do you want to leave and join GF?   1 Answer

Etch Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

1. Phone interview with Hiring Manager - 30 mins
    All behavioural and HR based questions with basic technical ones.
    Hiring Mgr expressed his interest to invite me on-site at the end of the call.
    2. On site interview with Sr. Managers and HR - 5 rounds, 30 mins each, back-to-back.
    Interviewers were all quite friendly. Did not drill technically. There was some confusion between the interviewer and scheduler about the time slot. So, the 2 & a half hours total interview time extended to 3 hours 45 mins.

This was my first on-site interview. Overall, had a good experience. The company had made very good transport and stay arrangements.

However, the timeline was too long. On-site was scheduled after two weeks of phone interview and had to wait for the result for almost a month from the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• There are many other electrical engineering positions at Global Foundries. Why did you not make it through to any of them?   Answer Question

Thin Film Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Albany, NY).

Interview

Very long interview. Good impression on manager except with interview duration which was informed in the last moment. Almost every member in the team got some time/slot to interview me, I guess!!!

Called for on-site interview after phone screen. One hour presentation, went smooth (9 am-10am). After that almost for every half an hour the interviewer in the seat changed till 5 am . Fortunately, there is lunch break!!!

The interview was average in general. Questions are mostly related to technical and behavioral. Unfortunately, due to long unexpected interview duration after long travel, I was not able to answer last few interviewers including manager!!!

Interview Questions

• I got surprised with one of the interviewer as he was commanding/insisting me.   Answer Question