GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.8

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

I was hired at an early stage, where lots of people are needed. The process is easy. not much technique question, people are generally friendly. It's a full day interview, talked with 6-7 people.
    After interview,the manager told me I was hired.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (New York, NY).

Interview

very simple interview, no much technical questions, all about what projects you have done in the past, what you study in school, what is your further plan for your career

Interview Questions

• what is your plan for your career in the next five years   Answer Question

14nm LPP Requests Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

The manager contacted me and arranged an interview on phone. Was based on the resume and the coursework I took during my Masters. I got the decision after a couple of months and was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Questions on projects and the way I approached, the tools I used etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY).

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter regarding a position in Malta NY. The process took 3 months. Fairly easy questions.

Very unprofessional and unresponsive HR. To get the HR to connect with you, it took 3 weeks after several emails from the director and the recruiter.
    Declined an offer as it was below my current salary although they asked about my salary expectations and my current salary ahead of time. They never followed up to see if you have any concerns. HR will not answer your emails unless several request from the recruiter and the management.

- Interview

Interview

-I dont reall want to It was an interview in person than with a group. Thats really it Im writing because its a 30 word mimimunm. Global isnt bad you may like it of you went to school for engineering

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY).

Interview

Connected directly to HR through a recruiter. Submitted resume, completed an application, and completed a behavioral assessment. Then took an online SAM assessment, which takes about 2-3 hours. Was then given arrangements for travel and lodging for an onsite interview in Malta. I had to go complete a physical and drug test. Spent the morning doing a problem solving/behavioral group challenge. Spent the afternoon doing 3 interviews: 1 with HR, 1 with a staff engineer, and 1 with a module manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe something technical that you've done at a past job.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY).

Interview

Half day, no hosted lunch or anything, but I am experienced and pretty senior. Didn't accept the job but if you have good behavioral and technical you should be good. Beware when you interview, I never got reimbursed for my interview costs, they are cheap and their salary was way below all other offers I received. You need to want to live in Malta which is in the middle of nowwhere!

Interview Questions

• Lots of random questions, behavioral, technical. I'll be honest they were easy as I had more experience than those that interviewed me. The team is a young cobbled team from Samsung, TI, AMD, IBM, Charter and many others. Strange cultural, beware and research deeply if you do join   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Albany, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online in July 2016 and got a phone 2 phone interviews. One is with the hiring manager and other one is with an engineer in that team. Hiring manager explained about the job functions and expectations. The engineer asked some basic questions about the trends and challenges in the semiconductor industry and about my research work. Arranged for on-site interview in 2 weeks. Several 1:1 interview with managers and engineers throughout the day with a 40 minutes presentation about my research.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Typical engineering interview. Met with around 5-6 different people and interviewed 1-on-1 for about 30 min. with each. Also gave a presentation of my prior work. Straightforward questions about what I know about the field and everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Most of them asked me the question of why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First you get a phone screen. Next is an all day interview with key members of the team. I met with 7-8 people. All were key higher ups. Be sure to go deep in to your technical back ground.

Interview Questions

• How many people was the most you've managed at on time.   Answer Question