GLOBALFOUNDRIES Principal Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Principal Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It started off with a couple of phone interview first with the Hiring Manager followed by a technical interview. Then they invited to their Malta Office for a 6 hour interview.

1st Round - Basic Java Interview pretty low level usually for fresh graduates please don't expect new technologies
2nd Round - General Technical interview pretty open no agenda.
3rd Round - Manager interview background information and scenarios
4th Round - High level interview usually they are focused on the issues they are facing and I think currently grappling with it.
5th Round - Senior Manager
6th Round - HR Interview which seemed like checking if you are a candidate who will stick around for a long time.

Interview Questions

• why you want to change??
    why you want to move to Albany?
    where do you see yourself in 5 years pretty much the standard interview got a feeling the company looks for PHd's or core bookish folks.
    It seems the interviewers are concerned if the candidate plans to stay long term in Albany giving the impression they are unable to attract good talent.
    It seems most of the work is outsourced so in short it is a co-coordinator job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process contained 2 phone interviews, followed by 1 on-site interview, and then 2 more phone interviews. The on-site interview lasted whole day, and required a presentation. The interview questions are not too technical and mainly about the resume. The interviewers are nice. The whole hiring process took 3-4 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewers and HR are ridiculously unprofessional: 1. while HR ask for expected salary, she has to mention they have another candidate in 3 weeks, very interesting and not confident 2. hiring manager is super nice at first sight, as he only ask very simple technical question. But he did not provide a stage to have the candidate show his talent in his way. 3. Another manager is interesting also, he asked a lot of tough questions and humiliate candidates, but all those questions are his area and not related to the job responsibilities. Are you show off your techniques to candidates?! 4. Another manager, he interrogated candidates and challenged your good temper. Asked a lot of UN-related questions. Many of them are personal, many of them are looking for other company's classified information. all Stupid managers!
    After interviews, never replied to you. Very rude and stupid! They basically tended to hire PhD to do work which was done by technicians in my current employer, and managers are proud of that quite well!

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Personality test was online and was basic questions. you also take a practical test working with others to see how you interact and use other peoples ideas. After that you take a skills tests hand eye coordination, math questions, memory exercises, speed test where you monitor a gauges and have to click a button to maintain a certain level in a gauge. A full physical and a drug test was done also. Had one on one with 4 separate managers, then they send a package to your house with a base pay amount.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Albany, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy as they need more people and is lossening the requirements. They will even offer higher position to attract outsider. Remember to negotiate well before join the company as after joined, the internal opportunity is very little

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Tech Interview, then Wait for Approval. The atmosphere was friendly, nice interviewer. I felt excited about the entire process, because it feels like you are communicating with another expert in your field.

Interview Questions

• Basic tech questions, which is fair   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

panel interview, about 5 hours total. quite a bit technical questions focusing on semiconductor device physics. hiring manager did not ask technical questions, most of the questions are based on resume.

Interview Questions

• asked the short channel effect of mosfet   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

Three rounds with managers and engineers. It took around two hrs. It was a reasonable and friendly interview . No unbelievable nonsense questions . They know what they want . I know what I want . No tons of behivor questions . After interview , still feel energized and no exhausted .

Interview Questions

• Background
      Previous job role   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was smooth and easy. I met with different members of the team and did not have any difficult questions. The HR are like bots do not try to negotiate nor ask them any details and keep the questions to the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of my research presentation, followed by face to face interviews which covering basic questions and questions about my research. Everything went smoothly. Some technical issues happened during presentation (conf call with other team members)