GLOBALFOUNDRIES Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.7

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The questions are not so hard. Mostly explained about the job position.
Most of the managers are friendly.
Not so much technical questions.
The interviews were mostly focused on behavior questions.
Explained the challenges in the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join GLOBALFOUNDRIES?
    Tell me about yourself.
    Describe a time when you were wrong and how you handled it at work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (East Fishkill, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, On-site interview ~3 weeks later. The interview process went by smoothly. They scheduled the flights, rental car and hotel for me. The interview was scheduled for two hours but we talked on the phone before and ended up changing the schedule to take the whole day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about my research and interest in semiconductor industry on the phone. In person, they asked me if I would work weekends. They also asked me if I was applying or interviewing anywhere else. Where I saw myself in 5 years, and how I would handle a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

got 2.5 hours interview 3 round,1 hour each and on half hour with HR For lithography team.Most of them are from Singapore. One of them is department manager. They are all nice people, did not see any one who is very rude.

Interview Questions

• Many kinds of different question, technical and non-technical, Overall is not too hard to answer   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

They bring interviewees in on Fridays. Usually there are three thirty minute interviews, one with an HR person, one with an engineer, and one with a manager.

The manager who interviewed me was cold and in a bad mood. I asked him how he was and he replied "eeeehhhhh," as if to say he wasn't doing so well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY).

Interview

They contact me by email and text messages. It's a 10min phone interview. Most questions are based on the resume.

Interview Questions

• 1.What's the materials for transition gates?   2 Answers

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

3 rounds phone interview and 1 on-site interview

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

After one of my colleagues passed around my resume to someone he knew at GF, I got a call within a week or two. We had a 30 minute phone interview, followed a few weeks later by a 2 hour on site interview. The in person interview had different groups of people, including the division manager, followed by other people in the group.

Interview Questions

• Explain a detailed step in the chip fabrication process to me as if I do not already know what it is...How do you deal with conflicts in the workplace?...What do you consider to be a successful day at work?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

I met the company representatives on a career fair and submitted my resume at that event. I was contacted later for an on-site interview. The interview was with the people of the same department. Questions were more about my past experience and how I solved problems in my past experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY).

Interview

Need to make slides and prepare for a presentation. Got interrupted a lot of times during presentation and got a lot of tech questions about the slides. Very detail questions. And they want answers from real industry, not from textbook.

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Got onsite interview through internal referral.
    Interviewed by three people, two senior engineer and one HR.
    Behavioral questions and others based on resume.
    Nothing unexpected. As I am not EE or ME major, they did not ask anything about that but kind of doubt my capability during the interview in the first round.
    Got the offer 6 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiation.