GMAC Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GMAC Mortgage Interview Questions

2.6

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GMAC Mortgage.

Interview

It went so quickly. But it depends on how quickly they want someone. They called me the day after I applied for an interview and I had an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiated

Application

Interview

phone interview back questions
    face to face interview behavioral questions
    got job offer 3 days later

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMAC Mortgage.

Interview

One phone and then an on-site interview with hiring manager and senior members of the team

Doc Prep Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GMAC Mortgage (Waterloo, IA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter which instructed me to call her back the following week on Tuesday afternoon to set up an interview time. Meet with 2 supervisors, very relaxed environment. Ask a few questions and then went over general aspects of the job. Received a phone call and an offer through email. Usual background and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• The ask questions that pertain to detail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them my mininum salary requirements and they offered slightly above.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GMAC Mortgage (San Diego, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Unusual, a bit unpredictable and non standard in scope and type of questions. The interviewer asked some questions that could be considered personal in nature.
    Other than those questions, there was considerable focus on skills and applied abilities.

Interview Questions

• Questions about faith and beliefs at home   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMAC Mortgage in July 2011.

Interview

I discovered the position on a website. I applied and a few days later received a call for a phone interview. A few days after that, I received another call to set up a face-to-face interview. I went in for a face-to-face interview and met with two of the department managers. I was told I would receive an answer in a couple of weeks, and as promised, I did. I was offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• I think the most unexpected question was when one of the interviewers asked me what I am passionate about. I had never been asked that question in an interview and it was a very pleasant surprise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate because the offer came in well over my anticipated salary.

Escrow Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GMAC Mortgage (Waterloo, IA) in June 2011.

Interview

Usually interviewed by hiring manager who will ask job related questions for experience. Then the basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you went above and beyond to satisfy the customer, explain what you did, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating, standard pay.

RISK MANAGEMENT/COMPLIANCE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GMAC Mortgage (Fort Washington, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process were extremely competitive but worthwhile. In my opinion, its easier to transition from a temping position into full-time employment. Furthermore, a more easier approach to getting recruited by this organization is through referral or networking. This organization, as well as their affiliates, are worth taking the extra time.

Interview Questions

• Cant recall - just be prepared, review the description of the job, and be yourself.   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GMAC Mortgage (Fort Washington, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone screen followed by a coding challenge. Then an on-site interview with a panel including the department head, a back-end programmer, and a front-end developer. In this interview I had to describe my code challenge solution in detail and my thinking process, discuss alternate approaches, etc. Must say it was one of the most enjoyable interviews I have ever had. Everyone was friendly and encouraging and the camaraderie was palpable.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a problem to solve that ultimately had no solution. They wanted to see how I approached the problem rather than getting a correct answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was with the contract agency. By the way, even as a contractor you can negotiate holiday and vacation pay. I ended up with an hourly contract that included 6 holidays and 10 personal/vacation days.

Client Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GMAC Mortgage in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail response asking for confirmation about attending a job fair. I attended the job fair and was brought to a huge conference room with at least 200 other people. When my number was finally called, I was taken to another room where a brief screening interview was conducted for about 5 minutes. The only question that was really asked was what my best contribution had been at my previous job. I was then taken to another room that had about 20 tables set up with interviewers. When my name was called, I was brought to a table and asked about what my career goals were for the next 5 years. I was expecting to give specific experiences from my previous work, but that was not asked. I was just basically asked if I could work a later shift and then was told how soon they are looking to start the next training class.