GNC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Short easy simple process . I honestly did not want to interview but was relieved at how easy it was. They were really bouji people but I was able to get through.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GNC (Sunrise, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I received a phone call within 3 days from the manager and in the interview he was a very cool laid back type of manager you would want. The culture in the store was laid back and nice. The office is small but you wouldn't mind .

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about supplements or our GNC products?   1 Answer
    • What would you do in a situation when a customer is not satisfied?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

G eezz N o C ognizant ! The most awkward interview that I had so far in life. Very uninformed staff not sure what they are doing. Lack of professionalism. They don't really know what they are looking for. It was very odd and unprofessional. Questions were really irrelevant and irritating. They sent me thank you letter 10 mins after our phone interview - very rude.

Interview Questions

• They were talking about changes about their new system but nobody knows anything about it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Very simple and fast interview. They called me and I interviewed 2 days later.
    He asked me why I wanted to work here and my availability.
    The manager that interview me was nice.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a 10 minute phone interview, then a half hour in person with two senior staff accountants. The interview process was laid back and I was interviewed by both at the same time. I was told that I would hear back either way--I did not! Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience?
      Why would you be a good fit for this position?
      Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial interview process was simple, with two other managers. Easy questions, mostly about my history. On the 2nd interview, the regional manager came in, and was all about competitive sales. Which I've done. But when asked if I currently took any supplements, I said no. Told her that as a former chef, I am fairly aware of what my body needs and I don't need them in my current state of health. That was it, interview was over.

Interview Questions

• asked if I currently took any supplements?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

GNC seems like a great company to work for, but the interview process was rough from the start. I was contacted by an HR Rep in late September to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. He asked for my availability, which I gave him. I heard nothing for almost a week so I followed up again, at which point this person said they were just going to skip the phone interview and set up an on-site interview.

I went in that day, checked in at the security desk and waited for the HR contact to come down. I never met him, as someone else in HR escorted me to the interview room. For what it's worth, she was very nice and even offered me a bottle of water. The hiring manager then came into the room and he was great. I felt like we got along well and I would have been very happy working for him. He spoke highly of GNC, and the role definitely seemed like something I was qualified for and would enjoy. However, that's where the interview went from "great" to "worst interview ever".

The next person I interviewed with was a woman who was a Financial Analyst of some sort. I wouldn’t report directly to her, but I was told there would be a dotted-line from my role to hers. Well she was the rudest person I've ever interviewed with. As an example, she asked how frequently I used Access and I said that I don't use it daily, but that I have used it and am confident I wouldn't have an issue utilizing it there. She pursed her lips, shook her head, and said in a rather disgusted tone "Hmmm. That's a shame. I really wanted someone with expert abilities in Access". It’s hard to put her attitude into words, but this message definitely could have been conveyed in a more appropriate manner. She then proceeds to tell me about how GNC is just a so-so place to work (according to her, they don't pay well, don't give a great employee discount, have horrible cubicles and office layout, no company-sponsored family events, don't allow jeans in the office, she had to beg for a laptop instead of a desktop on her first day, etc.). She also told me about how great her former employer was. The icing on the cake was when she matter-of-factly said "I'm not even sure why you're here. Sometimes HR sends me an elephant when all I need is a mouse". I think this was her way of telling me that she felt I was overqualified (despite her Access comment?), but I was in a bit of shock. At one point, I was even wondering if I was on one of those "What Would You Do?" or "Punk'd"-type shows - that's how horribly the interview went with this woman! I left the interview wondering how I would ever work with her if I were to be offered a role (although it was clear to me that this would be highly unlikely, as she obviously didn't care for me in the slightest).

Well regardless, I sent a thank-you e-mail that afternoon and waited a few weeks before following up with HR to check on my application status, as I hadn't heard back. I got no reply, then followed up again a couple weeks later. This time, I got an automatic response telling me the person didn't work there anymore and to contact another individual, which I did. About 2 weeks passed and I still hadn't received a response from the second individual, so I followed up with her one last time this morning. At this point, I know that it's highly unlikely that I'll hear back either way and I'm left wondering if my interview process was a fluke or if I should proceed with caution when considering other roles at GNC. (As a side note, the position I applied for is still posted. It is now mid-December. They may still be conducting interviews, but this still doesn’t excuse the lack of response after numerous attempts on my part - and there's certainly no excuse for the negative way I was treated by the woman mentioned above.)

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone Interview, Followed Up by Round of Interviews with Department/Team; Interviewers were late, unprepared, and read my resume' while I spoke. Senior Leader spent more time 'nitpicking' my resume' than actually using our time to dig deeper into what I could do for them; Left so 'underwhelmed' by interview experience. Months later, heard through national recruiter they have gained horrible reputation re: this specific department.

Interview Questions

• So....ummm....tell me about yourself....   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Paramus, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Completed an on-line application. A store manager called and said he had been attempting to contact me. I had only one message from him. I knew more about GNC than he did during a brief interview.Second interview was in another location - arrived and the person who was to conduct the interview was not there. I had to go to a different location. Interviewer kept me waiting, never offered me a chair, I found one and brought it over. Answered every question and asked several of my own.
    I asked for a card so I would be able to follow up. "Just call the store and they will know how to get in touch with me" was the response.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

GNC Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Anchorage, AK) in January 2016.

Interview

A senior store manager interviewed me. The interviewer mocked my work history, insulted my lifestyle choices, undermined my experience through the entire interview. I've never been so offended by an interviewer before, the process was completely unprofessional. I was asked questions and interrupted during my response various times. I had heard good things about GNC as a company but if that is how they treat potential hires that I must have heard wrong. I will not be recommending this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How can education in hospitality management translate to sales work in a nutrition store?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you are qualified to work in nutrition sales with your experience?   Answer Question