GNC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GNC Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Applied online, received a call a few days (to a week) later requesting and in person interview. I went in and met with the Manager and another manager(?) from the district.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

G eezz N o C ognizant ! The most awkward interview that I had so far in life. Very uninformed staff not sure what they are doing. Lack of professionalism. They don't really know what they are looking for. It was very odd and unprofessional. Questions were really irrelevant and irritating. They sent me thank you letter 10 mins after our phone interview - very rude.

Interview Questions

• They were talking about changes about their new system but nobody knows anything about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Amherst, NH) in May 2017.

Interview

I called the manager at the Amherst GNC and asked if they were hiring, She said they were and I was granted a pre-interview. The manager was so full of energy and positive vibes. They then called me back and offered me a telephone interview with another manager. It was a short interview with basic questions. Afterwards, I was told that he would be calling back the manager at the Amherst GNC and I would be getting a call from her. A few days later, we worked out my hire date.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your pre-interview went?   1 Answer

Research and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

-30 minute phone interview with HR
    -request for additional letter to the hiring manager
    -30 minute phone interview with hiring manager
    -homework assignment
    -3 hour in person interview at GNC headquarters
    -additional homework assignment

After a lot of work and obvious interest, I was offered a different position than the one I applied for. I was open to this new role, spoke with the hiring manager again, and then took then night to consider. I counter offered for a slightly higher salary. They responded that they could not meet my request and were no longer interested in me. This was quite an abrupt decision and surprising as negotiating a contract is quite a common thing to do. I have never been met with this type of response. After all of this, I called both HR and the hiring manager to make it known I was open to discussion and finding a solution that would work for both parties - no feedback. This was quite a disappointing interview process and quite rude on the part of both the hiring manager and HR. We are all human after all and constructive feedback would have been nice or at least an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe any macro/micro nutrient and how it behaves in the body from ingestion to excretion.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Very simple and fast interview. They called me and I interviewed 2 days later.
    He asked me why I wanted to work here and my availability.
    The manager that interview me was nice.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Very short, and basic. Only asked my availability, and why I wanted to work there. It was not a professional interview. It almost felt like a joke but it wasn't.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Sit down and answer the usual questions. Why? Sell me a pen. What do you know about us? Have you shopped in a GNC before? Do you go to the gym?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? Can you afford to buy your own shirts?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy just tell them about GNC products if you have shopped there before and that you believe in healthy living. Make sure that you show interest in healthy ways to promote people and that you can sell a product.

Interview Questions

• How do you know about GNC ?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a 10 minute phone interview, then a half hour in person with two senior staff accountants. The interview process was laid back and I was interviewed by both at the same time. I was told that I would hear back either way--I did not! Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience?
      Why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GNC (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had to go through the Store manager and Regional Manager which I had to go back and forth to in the same day, but both managers were very nice.