GNC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

1.9

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GNC (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

The manager sat down with me and asked me a couple questions. She described to me what the job would entail and she then taught me a little bit about what she liked about the job as well as some advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend to a customer who is looking to lose weight?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Asbury, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GNC (Asbury, IA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy to go through.
    Not very long
    Asked about 3 questions
    Did the interview in the back of the store and sat on a stool which was a little odd
    Overall the interview was okay though, easiest interview I had ever done.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with talking to people   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

nothing just asked if i can sale. did not ask how much experience i had. just was not a sharp tool in the shed. All he wanted was money. To be honest he was the worst manager i have ever had. very into himself who had no need or aspiration to want to help his employees out. He took the "big hitters" meaning high pm to gain more cash in his pockets and numbers and pond of little water bottle sales to us making himself look good. There was not one day he taught me anything, he only sat in the back or talked with his one friend who walk in. Not to mention blamed is assistant manager for things gone wrong. I guess this GNC left such a sour taste in my mouth, I am sure there are others out there more established with higher quality managers. But i will not support GNC due to this

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview where we discussed why I wanted to work there and my past experience. I then went into the store to speak with the manager at the store I applied at to ask the next steps after not hearing back for a couple days. Then I met with the Regional Sales Manager for a final interview and later that day got a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What level of knowledge do you currently possess in regards to nutrition?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

New to the area and a recent college graduate, I was originally looking for a part time position to make student loan payments while looking for a foot in the door. The Store Manager who gave me my application sent a few feeler questions at me and referred me to the Regional Manager for a Store Manager interview. After meeting with her, the next day I was called in for a second interview where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. (Regional Manager)
      2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. (Regional Manager)
      3. Tell us about your customer service strategy. (Regional Manager)
      4. What is 80% of 100. (Regional Manager)
      5. What can you do for me? (Regional Manager's boss)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

fairly easy going, went over past work history and education. what brought me to apply at GNC and where I would like to go with the company. going I had very little knowledge of supplements, but I had great teachers and company university. I learned a lot in a short amount of time.

Interview Questions

• What brought me into GNC to apply?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Easy interview, asked basic scenario questions. Managers were friendly and nice, willing to let me in at different times for the interview. They were respectful of me and my needs.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GNC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was actually a very easy process. I was expecting that I would have to learn a lot about the products they have and be ready to explain my background in fitness but I was rather wrong. All I did was show up looking decent. It was apparent that they needed someone quick to fill a part time role and I was the guy for the job. It really is a relaxed company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the job?   1 Answer

GNC Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, initial with store manager, next one with RSD and possible other higher up. It was pretty easy. I felt like I went in over prepared and was confident in getting the job. explain to them your love of supplements and your passion for the industry. Being an athlete is a plus. Also, explaining how you have used stuff from the store and how it has benefited you is a plus. Showing that you are personable, friendly, and confident is a must.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you are a leader and what leadership roles you have had?   Answer Question

GNC Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Anchorage, AK) in January 2016.

Interview

A senior store manager interviewed me. The interviewer mocked my work history, insulted my lifestyle choices, undermined my experience through the entire interview. I've never been so offended by an interviewer before, the process was completely unprofessional. I was asked questions and interrupted during my response various times. I had heard good things about GNC as a company but if that is how they treat potential hires that I must have heard wrong. I will not be recommending this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How can education in hospitality management translate to sales work in a nutrition store?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you are qualified to work in nutrition sales with your experience?   Answer Question