GNC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GNC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

fairly easy going, went over past work history and education. what brought me to apply at GNC and where I would like to go with the company. going I had very little knowledge of supplements, but I had great teachers and company university. I learned a lot in a short amount of time.

Interview Questions

• What brought me into GNC to apply?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Easy interview, asked basic scenario questions. Managers were friendly and nice, willing to let me in at different times for the interview. They were respectful of me and my needs.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GNC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was actually a very easy process. I was expecting that I would have to learn a lot about the products they have and be ready to explain my background in fitness but I was rather wrong. All I did was show up looking decent. It was apparent that they needed someone quick to fill a part time role and I was the guy for the job. It really is a relaxed company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, initial with store manager, next one with RSD and possible other higher up. It was pretty easy. I felt like I went in over prepared and was confident in getting the job. explain to them your love of supplements and your passion for the industry. Being an athlete is a plus. Also, explaining how you have used stuff from the store and how it has benefited you is a plus. Showing that you are personable, friendly, and confident is a must.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you are a leader and what leadership roles you have had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Anchorage, AK) in January 2016.

Interview

A senior store manager interviewed me. The interviewer mocked my work history, insulted my lifestyle choices, undermined my experience through the entire interview. I've never been so offended by an interviewer before, the process was completely unprofessional. I was asked questions and interrupted during my response various times. I had heard good things about GNC as a company but if that is how they treat potential hires that I must have heard wrong. I will not be recommending this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How can education in hospitality management translate to sales work in a nutrition store?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you are qualified to work in nutrition sales with your experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very much designed on customer service and on sales experience. You have to know how to listen to your clients and how to sell things to people and get them to sign up for a membership. I found the guy to be very friendly, and was definitely not like I was in sort of any pressure.

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone lose or gain weight?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC (Waterbury, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

very quick and easy. asked behavioral and situation based questions. Interview took maybe 30 minutes. there were 2 interviews with sales manager, then regional manager. The position seemed to offer both a work and life balance which was the major reason I applied. I was a competitive colelge athlete, and the discount was great 30%

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GNC (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Backroom closet with barely enough room for 2 people. Very informal. Quite condescending in nature. Told that corporate can't pay Sales Associates more than minimum wage... Very disappointed and it appeared that the manager had favoritism because the several times I've been in the location prior I noticed the male and female having unusually close interactions.

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview then hired not much more. It was a very basic process that did not take very long at all. I would recommend just knowing the basic interview questions when going in. But that is it and the job was terrible.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my goals and work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GNC (Troy, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process for GNC was very simple. I brought my resume in person to the manager and she called me back a few days later to set up an interview.