GNC Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

1.9

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Had to make a lot of calls to score an interview, mainly because they were trying to see which store needed help most in the area, and they're pretty slack on getting back to you in general.

Interview was really laid-back, relaxed. They just like to see if you know anything about their products (specifically supplements) and how you are as a team worker and employee.

It's pretty much a hire on the spot if you interview, but not getting contacted back by them is a real issue, so watch out.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GNC

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy just tell them about GNC products if you have shopped there before and that you believe in healthy living. Make sure that you show interest in healthy ways to promote people and that you can sell a product.

Interview Questions

• How do you know about GNC ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GNC (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had to go through the Store manager and Regional Manager which I had to go back and forth to in the same day, but both managers were very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and the manager made me feel very comfortable which made it easy to talk to him. As long as you form a connection and show you are willing to work it is pretty easy to get the job.

Interview Questions

• How will you be an asset to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GNC (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall very professional, friendly. Had two interviews on separate days. Got a call back the next day, started the next week. Once hired, was a smidgen hard to learn everything, but very satisfying.

Interview Questions

• To expound on an instance when you had to take on multiple tasks at once.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GNC (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

The manager sat down with me and asked me a couple questions. She described to me what the job would entail and she then taught me a little bit about what she liked about the job as well as some advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend to a customer who is looking to lose weight?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview where we discussed why I wanted to work there and my past experience. I then went into the store to speak with the manager at the store I applied at to ask the next steps after not hearing back for a couple days. Then I met with the Regional Sales Manager for a final interview and later that day got a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What level of knowledge do you currently possess in regards to nutrition?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

I pretty much just walked in..they said I looked big ...and asked me what sups i used then she said I was hired. She also asked me for sizing on shirt and explained dress code and how it was pretty flexible.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (New York, NY).

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one was with the store manager and the second one was supposed to be with the Regional Sales Director. I was given a time and place to meet with the RSD, but when I arrived there I was told to go to another location. At the other location the senior store manager had no heads up about me coming in, but he decided to do the interview anyway. A lot of running around involved..and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?

Why GNC?

Do you have any retail experience?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

The interview process was really drawn out, I went to 4 interviews and had to drive long distances. only to be told I would get hired and then wait two weeks to start