GNC Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GNC Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and the manager made me feel very comfortable which made it easy to talk to him. As long as you form a connection and show you are willing to work it is pretty easy to get the job.

Interview Questions

• How will you be an asset to the company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GNC

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GNC (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall very professional, friendly. Had two interviews on separate days. Got a call back the next day, started the next week. Once hired, was a smidgen hard to learn everything, but very satisfying.

Interview Questions

• To expound on an instance when you had to take on multiple tasks at once.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GNC (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

The manager sat down with me and asked me a couple questions. She described to me what the job would entail and she then taught me a little bit about what she liked about the job as well as some advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend to a customer who is looking to lose weight?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview where we discussed why I wanted to work there and my past experience. I then went into the store to speak with the manager at the store I applied at to ask the next steps after not hearing back for a couple days. Then I met with the Regional Sales Manager for a final interview and later that day got a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What level of knowledge do you currently possess in regards to nutrition?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

I pretty much just walked in..they said I looked big ...and asked me what sups i used then she said I was hired. She also asked me for sizing on shirt and explained dress code and how it was pretty flexible.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (New York, NY).

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one was with the store manager and the second one was supposed to be with the Regional Sales Director. I was given a time and place to meet with the RSD, but when I arrived there I was told to go to another location. At the other location the senior store manager had no heads up about me coming in, but he decided to do the interview anyway. A lot of running around involved..and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?

Why GNC?

Do you have any retail experience?
      Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

The interview process was really drawn out, I went to 4 interviews and had to drive long distances. only to be told I would get hired and then wait two weeks to start

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GNC (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for a part time sales position online. Got a call back the next day from a store manager from a location that was different than the one I applied for.

Interview Questions

• He asked a few basic questions about my sales background and my availability. Also asked questions about my educational background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Burlington, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

There were not many questions asked, interview flowed very quickly. Two different interviews were conducted - one with the store manager and the second with the regional manager. They explained their goals and expectations and asked if I could meet them. The Hiring Manager was very friendly and open about information of the position and answered all questions thoroughly.

Anonymous Employee in New Smyrna Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GNC (New Smyrna Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Filled Out Application On Line. Then Went in To Follow Up. Had an Interview on the Spot.
    Brandon Mason is The Store Manager
    You Make Commision on Sales
    Be Helpful, Feel People Out
    Some Know Exactly What They Came in to Buy
    Others Need Help and Advise
    Said Once I Was On My Own to Call Him Anytime I Feel Stuck or Unsure He Would Get Me Through it
    Told Me " No Question is Ever Stupid"
    Ask Me So I Can Help You.
    Makes Out The Work Schedule One Week in Advance. If I Need a Day Off or Switch Day to Night Let Him Know Before That Week Starts.
    Started Training in 2 Days
    Brandon is an Awesome Manager.
    Definitely Should Be Moved Up to Higher Position
    He Well Deserves the Opportunity

Interview Questions

• My Previous Employment,Reason For Leaving.
      Am I Flexible With Hours
      Do I Use Any of Them
      Give Two Reference Phone Numbers
      When Can I Start Training
      Brandon, Manager Told Me
      "There Is NEVER a Stupid Question"
      I Will Help and Teach You Everything
      1 Answer
    • Do I Consider Myself a Team Worker   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Simple There's no Negotiation