GNC Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GNC Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Applied online, received a call a few days (to a week) later requesting and in person interview. I went in and met with the Manager and another manager(?) from the district.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GNC

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Very simple and fast interview. They called me and I interviewed 2 days later.
    He asked me why I wanted to work here and my availability.
    The manager that interview me was nice.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Very short, and basic. Only asked my availability, and why I wanted to work there. It was not a professional interview. It almost felt like a joke but it wasn't.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

the interview process was very easy and fast they called me and i had the
    interview on the same day. they are very friendly, you can be relaxed go in there and kill it.
    Great

Interview Questions

• they asked me have you used and GNC products   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (New York, NY).

Interview

Non-formal. I was referred by the regional manager for the area so I was hired before the interview basically. But reinforce your role or interest in the exercise/sport world, this will help them know your the real deal. Also, talk about products you have tried or bought from them before.

Interview Questions

• They want to know your an ex-athlete or athlete basically   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GNC (Hallandale, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy and quick, dress nice, smile alot and look eager to start working, answer a couple basic interview questions and got called back the next day to start. They will hire you quick and easily if your a young college kid because the starting pay is $8.05

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Milford, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

At my current job, I waited on the manager of the local GNC. He liked my attitude and how I waited on him. He wanted me to come in for an informal interview since he was looking for help. I brought in my resume and we talked. If this had been an actual interview, he could not ask a lot of his questions because there bordered on personal (I have an HR degree, so I know what you can legally ask and what is illegal to ask). Like many managers, I have interviewed with, he wondered why a well read, intelligent person like me would apply for a job like this and what was holding me back (As with most college graduates, I cannot get a job I went to college for, so I have take what I can get). He gave me a user guide on supplements to study and come back so he could quiz me on it and also gave me a basic math and writing test.

One of the people I work with at my current place of employment is friends with a person that works at that GNC, and lots of negative, overbearing aspects about the store and why that person is quitting (I would write them here by Glassdoor guidelines prohibit me from doing so, but i will say they are beyond negative), so I called the store when I got home from work and left a message that I would have to cancel because i decided to pursue other aspects.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call from the SSM for a in store interview. Went in and met with a manager within in a few days of getting the call. Interview took no more than 45min. Got a phone call that I was hired within a few days

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GNC (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a joke. The questions were almost non-existent and the hiring manager just more so explained the job and the pay. He explained that the job is part-time and it is minimum wage. He then explained some responsibilities that the sales associate must fulfill, like up-sell items and try to meet certain sales quotas.

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Conway, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview process. I turned in my resume one afternoon and was called for an interview the next day and asked very basic questions about why I wanted to work for GNC and what some of my strengths were.