GNC Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GNC Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial interview process was simple, with two other managers. Easy questions, mostly about my history. On the 2nd interview, the regional manager came in, and was all about competitive sales. Which I've done. But when asked if I currently took any supplements, I said no. Told her that as a former chef, I am fairly aware of what my body needs and I don't need them in my current state of health. That was it, interview was over.

Interview Questions

• asked if I currently took any supplements?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GNC

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

New to the area and a recent college graduate, I was originally looking for a part time position to make student loan payments while looking for a foot in the door. The Store Manager who gave me my application sent a few feeler questions at me and referred me to the Regional Manager for a Store Manager interview. After meeting with her, the next day I was called in for a second interview where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. (Regional Manager)
      2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. (Regional Manager)
      3. Tell us about your customer service strategy. (Regional Manager)
      4. What is 80% of 100. (Regional Manager)
      5. What can you do for me? (Regional Manager's boss)
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GNC (Hartford, CT).

Interview

SSM talked more about the position than asking about me. Overall it was very easy, they are more concerned on your selling ability than anything. I only had experience as an Asst. Manager and easily got the job. They seemed desperate to fill positions as I was asked to recruit friends etc.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GNC in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the store management position, was interviewed by the regional director. Went very well, then I was called for a second interview, was told what I would be doing as a store manager, interviewer explained the benefits and daily procedures. I was told I was pretty much hired and that the regional director would call back to finalize the offer. I received a call a week later from another store manager and was told they needed part time help and that is what they were offering me. WHAT A JOKE!! I have 7 years of experience as a store manager in retail, yet they wanna offer me a part-time, 15 hours a week, $8 an hour pay!!!???? Seriously, what's wrong with this company?? I was told that everyone starts from "the bottom", yet that's not what I was told by the person who interviewed me, they got hired form the outside and was hired as a store manager. Their interviews are very misleading, they want people to believe they are applying for a management position, only to tell them that they would want them to "prove themselves" first. I don't need to prove to you that I am a manager, I have the extensive experience and references to back me up. They use this as a strategy to pay people less $. This place is all a joke, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME, YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!

Interview Questions

With 7 years of Management retail experience, I deserve more than the $8 an hour they wanted to give me. I don't need to prove myself, I've been there done that!! I know their tactics, that's why their turnover rate is so high, all they can afford to hire are kids straight out of high school because anyone smarter than them will decline their offer!

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Usually just one interview, just go in with enthusiasm. Retail experience is a plus.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Have to review your work as an assistant manager and how well you did. After that there is a formal interview with the Senior Store Manager. If that goes well then you have a phone interview with the Regional Sales Director. They don't really let you choose your store the first time. It was a pretty quick process for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me a time when you had to deal with an upset customer? How did you handle it? How would you sell me a multivitamin? What are some of your strengths? What is something that you could improve in? Where do you see yourself a year from now? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? What is your dream job if you could do anything?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GNC (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

Nice and smooth. People are nice. Sent email of my resume first. Meet at the store and started the interview at store with store managers. I think it is nice plan to work

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Springfield, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Very informal. It is clear that they were looking for more of an outgoing individual with sales experience, opposed to a person with previous management experience. Prepare for a sales interview and you will do well. Previous sales experience and scenarios will help you win the interview.

Interview Questions

• What qualities make up a successful salesman?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, slightly. But don't expect to negotiate thousands of dollars, more like .50-$1

Anonymous Employee in Seaside, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Seaside, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Submitted application and resume to regional manager.contacted by phone for one on one interview. Met the regional supervisor, had interview and company requirements explained. I gave interviewer my references and start date available. I was called in 3 days, got the job.no drug test required.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for GNC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Charlotte, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

met with a regional manager, he was almost an hour late after I had driven 1 1/2 hours to meet with him, he asked me if I had ever worked in retail before, I said yes, he asked how long, I said 6 years, he said meet me at this address tomorrow morning at 9 am. I met him at my store the next morning, with another manager, and I didn't see him again for 3 months,

Interview Questions

• have you worked in retail?   1 Answer