GNS Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GNS Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GNS Healthcare in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted via phone text and asked to add Stacey Wasserman on Google Hangouts. It's a complete SCAM! Either GNS Healthcare is not a real company or there is someone falsely representing themselves in order to get people's personal information. They tell you it's a work from home opportunity, they send you checks under the guise of buying equipment and you are responsible for the funds after cashing these bad checks. SCAMMERS!

Interview Questions

• Personal information...including who I bank with!   1 Answer

Because I researched info online as the interview was taking place and found warning posts from others.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GNS Healthcare (Cambridge, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview began with a screening phone call with the head of the department. Afterwards, I was given a programming exercise that took about two hours. It was of moderate difficulty. I think being prepared with an arsenal of dataframe-related tools helped.
    A couple of days later I was invited for an on-site interview. I had four one-on-one interviews that varied in difficulty. In the end, I would assess that I did really well in two, well in one, and in the other I did ok, as it was possibly the most difficult interviewee.
    Fortunately I was asked to provide list of references the next day. Two weeks later I received an offer.
    The whole process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from programming in R/python, interview questions ranged from related to machine learning to strong typing in object oriented programming   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GNS Healthcare in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back within a week. A call was scheduled with a recruiter. She was nice, but unable to answer any questions about the company, team, or position. Apparently this part of the process is outsourced. I was handed off to an internal recruiter, who scheduled a subsequent interview with the Chief Mathematics Officer. Most of the questions were about previous prediction problems I had done, and why I made certain choices in my model. He was also nice, and asked very good questions. The call went very well. Which is why I was surprised to never hear another word about it. After a week, I emailed the recruiter and received a reply that he would check with the CMO and get back to me. Nothing. A few days later, I emailed again, and got the same reply. Then nothing.

When you can actually talk to them, everyone seems very nice and professional. But their communication skills are sorely lacking. They don't appear to be a very buttoned up organization.

Interview Questions

• Review of past projects, questions about tuning models and feature selection   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GNS Healthcare (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interview was a lengthy and frustrating process. It lasted about 8 weeks. I met with 6 people and took an aptitude assessment and a personality test. I was led to believe that I would receive an offer several times, but in the end I didn't.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies outside of work?   1 Answer
    • Give a lot of examples to backup your experience.   Answer Question

Director of IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GNS Healthcare (Cambridge, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Whole process took 48 days between application and an offer. Had 10 interviews total, including 4 visits to Cambridge office and a few phone/Skype interviews. They are very thorough, which is great, it seems they really want to ensure they have a good fit from both technology and cultural perspective.

I was very impressed with expertise of people I talked to, looks like they have a great diverse team of very smart people, so comprehensive interviewing process must be working well. I was asked a lot of technical questions and a number of logistics questions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GNS Healthcare (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The CEO seemed to be interested in the whole package, gauging interest in the field and my Myers Briggs score. It was obviously important also what my "pedigree" was. I think I was an excellent candidate without the necessary names who knew me and a lack of demonstrated skills in the field.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GNS Healthcare (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. A total of 4 interviews over a day and a half period. Met with President/CEO and other key executives. Very friendly, accommodating, and presumably transparent. Willing to listen to comments and respond in detail to questions. The process wasn't overly stressful yet still needed to be focused and detailed in responding.

Interview Questions

• Generally speaking, the questions asked were about the following:
      -detailed description of previous company,
      -detailed overview of role/responsibilities
      -detailed overview of successes and failures
      -detailed responses on questions relating to market knowledge pertinent to GNS targeted market   1 Answer

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GNS Healthcare (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Throughout the interview process I got the sense that GNS Healthcare has some of the brightest young people out there. Intelligence is a common theme from entry level folks right on up their C-suite. Having a Chief Mathematics Officer might give it away.

During the interview process I met with the CEO, Chief Mathematics Officer and Chief Revenue Officer. The executive team was energetic and passionate. Their drive to take GNS to the next level was unwavering.

Interview Questions

• The interview process varies by position; as a sales candidate I was tested on process and industry. For the data scientist team there is another process that involves a presentation.   Answer Question

Multiple Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNS Healthcare.

Interview

The interview process was not well coordinated. Interviewers were late to very late. I interviewed with 6+ people: twice in person at the office and one phone interview. I liked the people and the enthusiasm, but the organization was lacking. I got a phone call expecting to receive an offer, but was declined for all of the positions I was up for.

It was true I probably was not a great fit for the positions offered; they were small enough to re-write the job descriptions if needed. The person who called rejecting me was less than articulate by saying I "was too old, I mean too qualified, I mean...you wouldn't be happy in this position."

Bottom line: they are new company just learning how to be a company.

Interview Questions

• Overall the questions were relatively straight forward, but some of the higher level people wanted to synthesize what they and others had said.   Answer Question

Computational Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNS Healthcare (Cambridge, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter 3 days after my LinkedIn application.
    She sent me a detailed questionnaire regarding projects/salary etc... Shortly after I sent in my answers, they gave another test "to see how I think".
    Got no response or acknowledgement after that.
    I consider this a bad experience, time wasted.

Interview Questions

• The take-home question itself was an interesting machine learning question, perhaps not too difficult (I had not looked at this material for a long time so I had to look up different methods to figure out which one was being referenced). I thought it was posed in an interesting way and some thought had gone into not revealing too much.   Answer Question