GOG.com Senior PHP Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GOG.com (New York, NY).

Interview

I had an interview two years ago for Senior PHP Developer. The interview consisted of a Skype call with two HR girls for the first part and 3 guys from the development team for the second part. The interview was fairly standard and mainly a chat about my skills and projects I worked on, why I wanted to work with GOG.com etc. Sadly there were some technical problems with the call and we couldn't have the video going so it was quite weird for me.

A few days later I was contacted by email saying that I passed to the second round and I was sent a document with a challenge to solve and some general non-specific guidelines. I sent the solution but although I did well (according to their feedback) it was not exactly what was expected and I was allowed to retake it.

The challenge was very easy and I thought I overcomplicated it the first try so I made something different and much simpler. In the end the feedback was negative and I didn't advance to the next phases. I asked for further feedback and was very very very frustrated to find out why I didn't make it (e.g. writing tests, using PSR) which is something I do at my job every day. I made a wrong interpretation of the skills being evaluated in such a simple exercise.

In retrospective, a positive experience experience and they seemed like pretty nice people. Maybe some day I will retry.

Interview Questions