GRASSI & CO. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.4

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GRASSI & CO. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn by a recruiter about an opportunity for a junior position. Once the recruiter realized I was still in school they informed me I would be interviewing for a internship and the details for a full-time role would be discussed after the internship concludes. Within a few days from the recruiter reaching out to me i was scheduled to interview for the internship. HR became disorganized when confirming my interview for a specific time then changing the time almost at the last minute causing me to adjust my schedule for the day. The interview was about 30mins discussing my current position and opportunity with Grassi & Co. I was told i would hear back next week about the decision. 3 days later I was sent a generic email stating the internship program was full.

Intern Interview

Interview

I was connecte to this opportunity through a Professor at my college, who also worked at the Firm. After some emailing and phone conversation with their recruited, I was called in for an interview. They were very nice and easy to speak to. Asked me about my information on my resume.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GRASSI & CO. (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was on campus interview. One on one with the recruiter, she was very friendly and laid back. Asked some basic interview question, the 1st round is for them to get to know you as a person.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GRASSI & CO. (Jericho, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed 1:1 with HR manager, Manager, and a partner. Interviewers were all nice and professional. They asked technical tax questions. They explained the responsibilities if we were to be hired. The overall experience of the interviews was great.

Senior Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GRASSI & CO. (Jericho, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Easiest interview I ever had and actually received my offer the same day. I met with one of the tax partners who was super open about everything and made me feel real comfortable during the interview. I then met with a tax principal who was the coolest and nicest guy I ever met in public accounting.

Interview Questions

• More open than your standard interview process thank God. We really just talked about what I was looking for in a firm, my past experience, and life in general.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GRASSI & CO. (Jericho, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Was invited to interview two times at Grassi before I was offered the position. Each meeting was very well planned and I met with several members of the management team who were involved in the decision-making process. My interview experience was very good - I was made to feel welcome and comfortable, all were very friendly, professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relevant to the position I was applying for, as well as the reasons why I was considering leaving my former employer and why I was interested in the opportunity presented by Grassi.   1 Answer

Negotiation

That also went well - I asked for a fair salary and was offered it.

Semi-senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GRASSI & CO. (Jericho, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I met with three different managers all in the tax department. They each sat down with me for 30 minutes and spoke to me briefly about the company and what they do. They asked me about my previous experience as an accountant and why I would want to come work at Grassi.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to start working at Grassi? (I came from a smaller firm)   1 Answer

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GRASSI & CO. (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screening, followed by meeting with managers and partner. Client meeting with owner. Very positive feedback to mee on fit and competence. Weak communication from recruiter. Had to constantly call and email, and was told I was prime candidate. 4 months later, I still do not know status and in spite of their feedback telling me I was the ideal candidate and that i would return for an additional owner interview, i have no communication.

Interview Questions

• Why are you no longer a Tatum partner.   1 Answer